Zeta-Jones: "He's Doing Really Well"

Michael Douglas has completed his cancer treatment merely months after announcing he had stage four throat cancer.

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones

"He has his last treatment today, and they certainly haven't scheduled anymore," Douglas' friend and publicist Allen Burry told E! News. According to Burry, the prognosis looks good for Michael, an Oscar winner and star of Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, who announced in August that he'd been diagnosed with an advanced form of the disease which is diagnosed in approximately 36,000 Americans per year.

Douglas recently put on a brave face, walking the red carpet of Wall Street 2's premiere and sitting down with David Letterman to candidly discuss his battle, but according to reports he's had extreme difficulty swallowing, refusing to eat via the feeding tube doctors offered, and will reportedly spend the next six weeks recuperating from treatment.

Paparazzi shots taken of Douglas as he walked his daughter to school on Tuesday showed the actor looking thinner than usual and a little worn down. That is not surprising considering what he's going through.

Both his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and his publicist insist, "He's doing really well," and doctors have given Douglas an 80-percent chance of survival and are both optimistic and pleased with how the 66-year-old has responded to treatment.

We wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

Read on for more Michael Douglas

Michael Douglas and ex battle over cash
Michael Douglas battling stage four throat cancer
Michael Douglas stars in Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps trailer

Tags: wall street 2: money never sleeps

Comments

Comments on "Michael Douglas finishes cancer treatment"

ed demarco November 29, 2010 | 9:09 AM

I was diagnosed with nasopharynx cancer and underwent the exact treatment Mr Douglas went through, I completed treatment in April 2010, and am still recovering. From what I can see and know about this treatment, Mr Douglas looks great! He is doing very well. I wish him well, I grew up watching him starting from The Streets Of San Francisco, I have always been a fan.

Lynette October 16, 2010 | 4:33 AM

This is a most regrettable diagnosis. Because he is so talented and well known globally, it brings new meaning to the term 'struck down in the prime of life.' He can afford, easily, the best things in life except buy back 100% good health.

Steven Wilson October 14, 2010 | 10:56 PM

One of the greatest actors of all time. The Game, Wall Street, A Perfect Murder... Michael Douglas is one of the greatest actors of all time. I would give my life so that he could live to make movies another 30 years. God bless Michael.

Karen Kelly October 14, 2010 | 9:56 PM

I am a breast cancer survivor at ager 42, so all hats off to Michael. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can't wait to see his new movie on Wall Street! He is the kind of actor that you love too much to hate...he is a strong willed man with alot of living yet to do.

John Tomai October 14, 2010 | 4:22 PM

Best wishes to Michael Douglas and his family for a speedy and thurough recovery. We all love your work Michael!

Dana Panzer October 14, 2010 | 2:35 PM

Iam so happy to hear that Mr. Michael Douglas is doing so well after the cancer treatment. I have always enjoyed him as an actor. He has always delivered a great performance. I wish him all the best to him and his family. Love you Michael Douglas like his acting he will recuperate well.

Theresa Poling October 14, 2010 | 12:53 PM

Wow All of my Prayers have been Answerd. I am so happy Michael Douglas has done a excellent Job of getting through his treatments.