Lohan's Ring- Around-The-Rehab

It was recently revealed that Lindsay Lohan has made her way back into rehab. The question was: Where? Now we know that Lindsay Lohan has checked into the famous Betty Ford Center.

Lindsay Lohan

Lohan will reportedly stay at the treatment center in Rancho Mirage while awaiting her October 22 court hearing where she'll learn her fate for violating conditions of her probation. Lindsay Lohan failed the parameters of her probation when she tested positive for one drug test and another was thrown out on technicalities.

We're not sure whether or not the Better Ford Center will be the key to Lohan's recovery, but we do know she was originally sent to jail last week by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox for the violation. The judge denied her bail but Lohan was later released on $300,000 bail after Judge Patricia M. Schnegg overturned Fox's ruling.

A legal eagle close to Lohan told People that her latest stint in rehab could sway the sentence Judge Fox ultimately hands down "out of recognition that she really needs the help from professionals and great medical care to help rebuild her life."

Lindsay Lohan isn't the first celebrity name to walk the halls of the Betty Ford Center. The center was founded by former First Lady Betty Ford and Leonard Firestone in 1982, and boasts a famous client list including Keith Urban and Steven Tyler.

Lindsay Lohan's father isn't a fan of the Betty Ford Center and Michael Lohan wasted no time saying so to Access Hollywood.

"Now that word is out. Look at the 'short' list of people who went to Betty Ford. Most if not all relapsed. I went there myself and I will tell you. Betty Ford is a country club," Michael Lohan told Access Hollywood.

"They administer prescription meds, and even put their patients on prescription meds. Once more, they don't have family therapy at all. Conflict resolution and family therapy are a key component in recovery! Her turmoil and the root of her problems are her family. This will not work! Mark my words! It is however, comforting to know Lindsay is in a safe place and away from her enablers. Unfortunately, if BF gives her any prescription drugs, they become another enabler. Back to square one!"

Tell SheKnows if you think this latest round of rehab will work for Lindsay Lohan.

read on for more lindsay lohan

Lindsay Lohan back in jail
Lindsay Lohan fails drug test
Lindsay Lohan arrest warrant issued

Tags: betty ford center

Comments

Comments on "Lindsay Lohan is in Betty Ford"

Greg Hodges October 02, 2010 | 3:27 AM

Michael Lohan is the biggest tool around he's total useless as a father and not helpful AT ALL.

Emm October 01, 2010 | 4:12 PM

This is one negetive sperm donor. I have yet to hear or see a positive true fatherly act from him. Too bad Jaime Spears can't give him lessons on how to stand up and be a strong father, when your child is really hurting. God bless this lost child that is now a very beat down adult.

beentheredonethat October 01, 2010 | 1:34 PM

Alright Micheal L, I went to BF and they most certainly do have a family program. In fact, the family program at BF SAVED my marriage. I was planning on getting a divorce when I finished rehab. My husband came out for family week and we did counseling together & individually for a week. By the time we were done we decided to give it one last shot, so when I was done w/rehab I went home to my husband. Five 1/2 years later and we are happier now that we ever were. Participation in the family program is voluntary, maybe Michael's wife didn't want to come, who could blame her? All I can say is that BF absolutely has a family program and it helped save my marriage as well as my life. There's this thing about rehab...if you are not ready to give up the D&A it won't work. You have to want to stop to be able to stop. If LL wants to stop, she'll be able to, but I just don't think she's ready. She wouldn't be relapsing so much if she was ready. I doubt I'll be seeing her at the BF alumni events.

alexp October 01, 2010 | 1:03 PM

JayJay if you really didn't care you would not be commenting, right? Beating an addiction takes alot of work and it us even harder when the whole world is seemingly against you and most don't have the slightest clue what you are going through. But Lindsay is tough and will get through this.

Turkish Yoghurt October 01, 2010 | 12:50 PM

I almost wish I was messed up enough to go to rehab, just so I could hang out with her. If she went to jail, then we would have to be separated. Just kidding, but she is really cool. Jail isn't, though. She must really be sick to put partying ahead of her career, just look at her record. But then again, Lilo is just another child star who has something to prove, in which case, she's not sick, she just has an enormous ego. Betty Ford, boy, I hear it's tough out there, but then again I keep hearing how it's the same deal as the other rehab joints, where the attitude is, take it easy, you have alternatives to think about, but nobody's getting any shock treatment a la Girl, Interrupted or The Bell Jar. Crisis of Conscience for Miss Lohan: to be the next Marilyn, the next Britney or the next Plath, she has to be dull and derivative like so many stars who cash in on American legends. So we stay curious in the interminable interregnum and ask, Who is the real Lindsay Lohan? What will survive this creative froth spewing forth from Southern California?

JayJay October 01, 2010 | 12:26 PM

I've lost count how many times we've been back to "square one" with this girl. The best news for me though, is that I can finally, actually, honestly say that I don't give a s*** about Lindsay Lohan anymore! Enough already! She's a waste of internet space!

Sherry October 01, 2010 | 10:37 AM

Oh lord what will happen next?