Breaking Twilight Casting News

The final installment of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, is considering casting nine-year-old Mackenzie Foy to play Renesmee, who is the (spoiler alert!) vampire/human hybrid of Edward and Bella. Weigh in Twihards, is she the perfect Renesmee?

Sources are reporting that the coveted role of Renesmee in the final installment of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn movie will be played by nine-year-old Mackenzie Foy. Summit Entertainment has yet to confirm (or deny) this breaking Twilight casting news.

Mackenzie Foy as Renesmee in Breaking Dawn

Who is Mackenzie Foy?

The angelic-faced Foy is a relative newcomer by Hollywood standards, only appearing in one episode each of 'Til Death and Flash Forward.

In case you haven't finished the Twilight series (all three of you!), Renesmee is the beautiful half vampire, half human love child (vampchild?) of Bella and Edward. Thanks to her vampire blood, she ages 17 years in only seven years.

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart

The director of Breaking Dawn, Bill Condon, will reportedly use digital effects in which Foy's face would be "digitally transferred" onto the face of a baby or younger child -- as was the case in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Who should play Edward & Bella's love child?

So, the question is: Who is best to play the offspring of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson?

One option may be the actress Joey King, who played Ramona in Ramona & Beezus. She certainly has the acting chops for the role, however Mackenzie has the delicate features perfect for a vamp-child.

Breaking Dawn is set to be released November 2011.

Tell us: What do you think of Mackenzie Foy as Renesmee?

read on for more Twilight

Kristen Stewart playing Bella's Breaking Dawn violent birth scene as written
Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn
The Breaking Dawn Twilight trivia test
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart talk Twilight

Tags: edward and bella

Comments

Comments on "Breaking Dawn’s Renesmee to be played by Mackenzie Foy?"

Michela November 08, 2010 | 7:48 PM

I think that she is the perfect renessmee because she looks like a mix of Bella and Edward. Also I DO HAVE TO AGRRE WITH THE OTHERS HER EYES DON'T MATCH Bella's and is a bit old.

Kaitlin October 12, 2010 | 7:17 PM

well now that she excepted the role i have no say but i think that shes ok for the movie but not the best choice. but the thing is if she screws the movie up a lot of angry ppl. will be mad at her

naomi October 12, 2010 | 7:39 AM

She has that delicate look to her that will mak her perfect for the role and I think she'll do great. I just hope she is able to wear contacts cause her having bellas eyes is one of the main reasons that charlie and her connect so well.

julie October 11, 2010 | 9:51 PM

This girl is cute and all, but I agree with the others she is too old to play the part. Is this little girl willing to wear contacts?? Because Renesmee has brown eyes just like Bella....I do agree that she would be perfect for ending when she is a little older, but come on there is the part in the book before she gets that age.....

sandy October 11, 2010 | 6:42 PM

She is beautiful. I think she is perfect for the role of Renesmee. She can convincingly play Bella and Edwards daughter.

Pilar Garcia October 09, 2010 | 2:41 AM

I think she's perfect as Reneesmee, another casting coup!

Katy October 08, 2010 | 3:52 PM

She'd be perfect for Renesmee. She looks almost like Bella and shes so cute!

Diane October 08, 2010 | 8:10 AM

NO WAY! She is a very beautiful little girl and if the book took it that far, ok. But it does not. She is already too old to play Renesmee. Maybe if the book went farther. Don't totally ruin the story.

francine :) October 07, 2010 | 11:10 PM

she is very lovely. I cant wait to see the movie and see the new characters especially the vampire covens and each of their special powers. Sooo excited for the BREAKING DAWN ^_^

Season October 07, 2010 | 10:19 PM

Mackenzie is a very sweet girl. I worked with her on modeling jobs back when she was 4 and 5 and she was a great kid. I wish her all the best and hope she gets this big break! She is beautiful!

jennifer ferrell October 07, 2010 | 7:07 PM

Renesmee was not a lovechild. According to the book she was conceived while they were on their honeymoon at Isle Esme. A lovechild is technically a child who was not wanted by the mother or the father initally at first. Bella clearly wanted to have a child/en, but both did not know if it was physically possible for Edward to father one. So by technical terms Renesmee is not a lovechild.

Melissa October 07, 2010 | 5:35 PM

This will be a great movie I cannot wait until it comes out. I am so excited!!And Makenzie Foy will be awsome she gets a chance to play a real role in a real movie!!

ginger ramsey October 07, 2010 | 4:19 PM

She is adorable! I love her delicate little face! She will be awesome in the role of Renesmee!! And we have a year to get ready for the first Breaking Dawn!! God, I hope I can hang out that long!!

Liz October 07, 2010 | 2:39 PM

I think that this young actress will be perfect for the role of Renesmee!! I can't wait to see the last two movies, it just sucks that we have to wait so long to see them!!

abby October 07, 2010 | 1:50 PM

she's perfect!!

Sarah October 02, 2010 | 8:43 AM

This will take time and effort on the casting crew: so I hope they will find babies and children with the same facial (same facial shape or at least close to it) features. Renesmee grows up so fast that they have many babies and children to work with. Please-- you guys are making good money so don't mess it up by rushing and not thinking this through. I can't give an opinion when I have not seen the other Renesmee's; meaning the other ages.

Vanna October 01, 2010 | 11:13 PM

SHESSS TOOO OLLLDDDD!!!!! Even if they put her face on a smaller body and gave her colored contacts or even diged her eyes the right color shes too old. Maybe she could play the older Renesmee towards the end of the book if they did it right, but as baby Renesmee?? They should just use her baby pictures transfer that face and use her voice once she talks in the movie!!! IT would be better... other wise its going to screw it all up... Shes not saposted to be a 9 year old, just a smart 2 month old~!!!!!

jane October 01, 2010 | 5:25 PM

she doesn't have brown eyes

joy October 01, 2010 | 4:02 PM

she is soo cute so i think it would be perfect for her rule as renesmee..

sarah keele September 29, 2010 | 8:27 PM

i think she would be perfect!