Katy Perry Too Hot For Tots

Katy Perry has been pulled from the New Year's Eve Sesame Street special for being too sexy.

Hot N Cold singer Katy Perry already taped her Sesame Street segment, a remake of that very song sung while playing dress-up with Elmo. The bit leaked on TMZ and Sesame Street got an earful from prudish parents who didn't care for Katy's outfit.

Katy Perry on Sesame Street

Some favorite comments include:

-- "You can practically see her t*ts. That's some wonderful children's programming."

-- "They're gonna have to rename it cleavage avenue"

-- "My kid wants milk now"

The fact of the matter is that Perry, who is engaged to Russell Brand, is wearing more than Tinkerbell wears in Peter Pan -- at least Katy's dress features flesh-toned mesh up to her neck, while that trollop Tinkerbell just tramps around in a strapless minidress with all that bare skin.

Plus, it wasn't that long ago that these kids had breasts in their mouths anyway -- and there's absolutely nothing remotely sexual about Katy's performance on the show.

Are the parents complaining about her dress the same ones who let their kids play violent video games? Survey says...?

See what SheKnows editor & mom Kim Grundy has to say about Katy Perry on Sesame Street.

Read on for more katy perry

Katy Perry and Russell Brand engaged
Russell Brand arrested defending Katy Perry
Katy Perry new single California Gurls

Comments

Comments on "Katy Perry pulled from Sesame Street"

Cindy January 20, 2011 | 1:33 PM

My son loves this video and I'm sure it has nothing to do with her outfit, he is only 18mons old. I think he busier watching the cute furry friend elmo running around than looking at Kate's outfit. I also agree with the statement that Tinkerbell is wearing less clothing than Katie.

Ryan October 30, 2010 | 12:14 PM

Parents need to lighten up a little bit. I am almost positive the parents that are complaining about this did not dress up totally covered their whole life. There is nothing wrong with her clothing, would you rather your children go ?

Rajiv September 27, 2010 | 9:31 AM

I have 4 kids and the dress doesn't both me at all. A lot of girls' princess dresses are like this. When I first heard about this I thought she was wearing a dress that emphasized cleavage. This one goes the other way. All the criticism is coming from parents who put their 4 year olds in string bikinis. C'mon Sesame Street, don't waste a perfectly good clip.

Jaime September 25, 2010 | 5:56 AM

OH HO. SHOULDERS. SHIELD THE CHILDREN. The parents that whined about this are probably the same ones that let their 8 year old daughter wear those awful shorts with 'cutie' or 'princess' on the backside. People need to buck up and pull the collective sticks out of their rear ends.

T September 23, 2010 | 5:50 PM

Are "Ernie and Bert" still together?? Why all the fuss about y -- the way God intended?? Katy looks fine. That dork Big Bird and his imaginary friend... don't even get me started.

Marko September 23, 2010 | 5:07 PM

Having this segment pulled from the show is ridiculous! Yes, women have breasts - big deal! I have seen more revealing clothing at the beach or poolside.

brook September 23, 2010 | 12:39 PM

I actually saw it before all of the reports about the scandalous outfit....and honestly I didn't even notice the scandalous outfit. After reading a report about how it will not be on the air I went back and watched it again...I understand what some parents are complaining about. I do think there could have been a better outfit choice.....but it doesn't offend me.

Kathy September 23, 2010 | 12:18 PM

Perhaps it's just that Elmo is too short? If his eyes were at the same level as Miss Perry's cleavage it might not have been considered so "inapropriate" looking.

JLB September 23, 2010 | 11:52 AM

I don't think people know what literally means... ""It was so offensive that my child's head literally exploded. Please ban free speech so this never happens". Kids see worse every day in realy life - must we point out Elmo is NAKED!!!

katie. September 23, 2010 | 11:32 AM

I don't consider myself a prude at all, but I have to say, they could have picked a more appropriate wardrobe choice for Katy.

Susan September 23, 2010 | 11:20 AM

Fine, call me prudish but I stick by my stance that we don't need to up every single bit of entertainment out there. There are so few shows out there that don't have ual innuendos, lying, mouthing off, etc in them. If you can't trust Sesame Street to be totally G-rated, what can you trust?!

Mindy September 23, 2010 | 10:54 AM

Reminds me of some great complaints to the FCC after Oprah aired her infamous teen episode... "It was so offensive that my child's head literally exploded. Please ban free speech so this never happens again."

Ruby September 23, 2010 | 10:23 AM

You know, we should probably NOT assume that those commenters are even from people who are parents...