Lake And Sons Escape Fire

Ricki Lake and her family are doing well after a sudden house fire ravished her Malibu home.

Ricki Lake

Ricki Lake felt the heat Saturday after her house burned to the ground.

Ricki Lake and her two sons, Sebastian and Owen, managed to dodge harm as they escaped a fire at their Malibu beach house. The family's beloved pooch was also saved from an untimely demise.

A rep for Ricki Lake told Entertainment Tonight the former talk show host was at her home with her sons and dog when the house, which is heavily wood-based, caught fire.

Allegedly, a 911 call was placed from inside Lake's home and LA County firemen came to the rescue.

So, what could have happened to make Ricki Lake's home light up like a torch? The story around the circuit is the 41-year-old star told authorities she was trying to refuel a portable heater when her couch caught fire.

Ricki Lake's kids were not harmed and are reportedly with their father, Lake's ex-husband Rob Sussman.

Comments

Comments on "Ricki Lake's house burns down"

Deedeef September 22, 2010 | 7:56 PM

Just wondering why you fill a heater by your furniture at 7am in your rental.

ajvenom September 20, 2010 | 2:27 PM

yes I can spell...tragedy. but at least I know I am not perfect.

ajvenom September 20, 2010 | 2:24 PM

I don't think knowing what Ricki calls her sons and what words are used to describe this tragety are as important as knowing that Ricki Lake and her family are safe. So I am go just goiing to say "God bless Ricky Lake's family and I wish them all the best."

Donna September 20, 2010 | 2:11 PM

@ Lindy, her son's name is Milo Sebastian. Maybe the writer is good friends with Ms. Lake and can call the child by his middle name... ;)

Lindy September 20, 2010 | 1:47 PM

I thought one of her son's was named Milo, this says Sebastian and Owen. What happened to Milo?

AJ September 20, 2010 | 12:20 PM

Seriously....to Kristin Watson who wrote this article...The word should be "ravaged" not "ravished". "Ravished" means: 1) To fill with strong emotion, esp. joy. 2) To seize and carry off by force. 3) To carry off (a woman) by force. 4) To rape (a woman). "Ravaged" means: 1) To work havoc upon; damage or mar by ravages. 2) To do ruinous damage. If you're gonna write, write right!

alphonzo barlow September 20, 2010 | 12:00 PM

Ricky can I marry you? I promise I'll be good to you, good to you, I'll be good to you........................