LeAnn Rimes Is Sort Of Sorry

Singer LeAnn Rimes says she cheated because she was tired of her husband.

LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian

LeAnn Rimes, who ruined not only her own eight-year marriage but an entire other family when she got it on with then-married father of two Eddie Cibrian, gave the old "we grew apart" line to explain her adulterous ways.

The singer told Shape she and ex Dean Sheremet simply married too young. "It wasn't a fulfilling marriage for either of us," she told the magazine. "As we got older, we grew apart."

So why did she cheat instead of, say, go to marriage counseling or even on vacation to talk like a normal, sane person with integrity?

If it counts for anything (which it doesn't to Eddie's ex Brandi Glanville, we're sure) LeAnn isn't proud of herself.

"I understand why people are disappointed in me, especially since I grew up as America's sweetheart," Rimes said. "I think any relationship is hard to get out of, and I don't think the way I did it was right."

"I did one of the most selfish things that I possibly could do, in hurting someone else."

LeAnn Rimes' ex Dean Sheremet isn't buying her little act of contrition. He says he thought their marriage was okey-dokey and was totally sucker-punched when photos of LeAnn and Eddie sneaking around surfaced in the press.

"Age had very little to do with why we got divorced," Sheremet told Us Magazine. "I was very content and satisfied. I put myself on hold to funnel all my creative energy into her career and our marriage. I was willing to make the sacrifices necessary to have a successful marriage and further her career. I knew, and know, her better than anyone in this world."

"I was blindsided and shocked that she of all people would do this to the closest person in her life."

Even the infamous Wendy Williams has weighed in on LeAnn's little self-serving rationalization, calling the whole thing "sloppy" and stating that LeAnn shouldn't call Cibrian's kids "my boys" when she destroyed their family. "The boys have a mother, and her name is Brandi [Glanville]," Williams said.

Like any good celeb, Rimes took to Twitter to defend herself.

"All I know is Wendy Williams done pissed my mamma off! I don't wanna be in her path. To say, 'I've reserved myself a place in hell?!' I'm incredibly disappointed to see someone with that kind of platform use it for such negativity and could be so mean and judgmental about a situation they know nothing about...I don't like how it happened either, said it a million times, but this is out of control."

The fact is, LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian cheated on their spouses. If they don't want to be called out for bad behavior, then don't behave badly. What are your thoughts?

read on for more leann rimes

Is LeAnn Rimes cheating?
LeAnn Rimes marriage update
Eddie Cibrian denies LeAnn Rimes affair
Is LeAnn Rimes a stalker?
LeAnn Rimes announces divorce
LeAnn Rimes on marriage and forgiveness

Tags: dean sheremet

Comments

Comments on "LeAnn Rimes vs Dean Sheremet: He said, she said"

M.Simons October 30, 2012 | 5:06 PM

Leann acted like she wants people to feel sorry for her when she was on Kati's T.V. Program. Sorry but I do not feel sorry for her or her Eddie.. I feel sorry for the children.. LeAnn appears to be sel-centered and only cares about what she wants.

Marilyn November 16, 2010 | 3:55 PM

Temtation happens when we least expect it. I just hope these two don't build a relationship on lust & temtation. By LeAnn putting herself out there proves she know it was handled wrong. I don't believe she was all that experenced to begin with. When you feel unloved - things happen. Eddie didn't take care of or protect LeAnn in anyway. As for his wife maybe she is way better off without him. Brandi don't put all the blame on LeAnn - The 4 adults here know what has gone on behind closed doors. The kids are another story - I would like to tell Brandi not to bad mouth anyone in front of the kids - Years later she will come out the good Mom & be respected for that. LeAnn you might not ment to rum salt in Brandi's ego but remembe those are her little boys.

Alex November 11, 2010 | 8:54 PM

Do I condone Eddie & LeAnn's behavior? NO. However, I think LeAnn is getting a lot more trash than Eddie. Also, the kids are the most important part and all this media attention is not helping. There are plenty of celebs that have done wrong, but some of them are celebrated (Angie & Brad are somehow media darlings). Actually, most celebs seem ty personally...

Sharon November 04, 2010 | 6:15 PM

Tell ya what Lexie, as soon as Eddie Cibrian starts running his mouth about breaking up his family the way LeAnn is running hers, writers can start doing stories about it. Until then, LeAnn is making herself the punching bag.

Texie November 02, 2010 | 9:03 AM

Tell ya what Caroline Goddard... when you start beating up on the friggin MEN that do this crap every single day and have done so for years and years, then I'll listen to what you have to say - until then .. keep your judgments to yourself! And who died and made you GOD, Judge and Jury? By the way .. it takes two to tango ... LeAnn didn't do this all by her self! sheesh

Lexie September 29, 2010 | 12:15 AM

LisaB - And they're not JUST "Eddie's kids" (maybe that's how she thinks of them so it's ok to her to call them hers) - but there's a name you're missing from there - they're Eddie and Brandi's kids - the roles of Mom and Dad have already been taken. And being with one parent does not mean you're doing what their mother or father would, all it means is that you're a girlfriend or boyfriend to that parent.

Lexie September 29, 2010 | 12:10 AM

LisaB - Step-parents have step-children. Parents have children. A 3 year old doesn't have a problem with what you called him, but you think his mother might have? And if he had an older brother who knows exactly who Mommy and Daddy are, do you think he might have a problem with someone else trying to say he's their son? For crying out loud these kids don't have "Birth Parents" - they are NOT up for adoption or foster care. The role of mother is NOT vacant or needing to be filled. They have PARENTS. Any step-parent should understand that, and that there is a significant difference between the two. Just because you care for a child or babysit does NOT entitle you to overstep your boundaries (and they do exist) and give yourself and someone else's children new roles and titles. These kids know their mother and are far more bonded to their mother than to any other woman in their lives. A good step-parent would respect that and not cause friction over it. She's not even a step-parent, she's a GIRLFRIEND! Yes, I get why any mother would have a problem with the ex's current girlfriend calling their kids hers. If there's one place you can expect any mother to put up a fight it's over their kids, because that bond is special and you can't replace a bond like that by becoming the father's girlfriend. Being a mother is much deeper than packing a lunch or driving to a game. You cannot equate accomplishing the simple tasks a babysitter could do with motherhood - it's a fraction of the whole. A little respect for the kids, the parent, and their special relationship, is not too much ask from someone who played no part in bringing them into to world, in making them who they are, and who wasn't invited to be there in the first place.

LisaB September 23, 2010 | 12:17 PM

LeAnn & Eddie are not the only couple in history that are together after a previous relationship. But because they are in the limelite, there are those who are trashing them. The ones that are going to get hurt the most are the kids. Just because she did not give birth to Eddie's kids, she is with his father, she is doing for those kids as a mother would. You don't to be a Birth parent to be a Mother or Father. Ever hear the term STEP-Parent? I have been the step parent to a fine young man now 24 since the age of 3. I've referred to him as "my son" and he has never had a problem with it. We don't know exactly what happened or the reasons why between these 4 people. Unless you seen/heard it with your own eyes/ears, it's all speculation.

Jamie W September 21, 2010 | 11:48 PM

What bothers me most is that no one is nagging Eddie Cibrian about this. He cheated on his wife just as much as LeAnn did. Why isn't he being beat down as much? What's fair for one should be fair for the other.

Jett Jordan September 17, 2010 | 9:29 PM

For many years celebrities didn't have to account for their bad behavior so there is an expectation that they can do as they please. She saw someone more appealing and went for it and couldn't care less about his wife and family or her husband. Naturally this guy would go for her since she's rich and famous and it elevates his status. The same happened with Alicia Keys taking up with someone elses husband. Alicia's man is in debt over 2 million dollars so leaving his wive with the kid and debts didn't seem like a problem when he can ride off into the sunset. I've never been married but I don't sleep with other peoples husband's either. What goes around comes around.