Oprah Winfrey's Design Guru

Fans of The Oprah Winfrey Show have seen Nate Berkus pull off over 100 design makeovers already. After almost nine years with Oprah, Berkus goes solo with his own talk show, The Nate Berkus Show!

Oprah introduced the world to Phil McGraw, Rachael Ray and Mehmet Oz, who all ended up with their very own shows. Now, she has helped launch her resident design expert: The Nate Berkus Show premieres September 13!

Nate Berkus Show premieres

"I can't believe it's finally here," Berkus blogged. "I am so proud of what my team and I put together! From the show graphics to the guests, I couldn't be prouder! The most amazing part, this is just the beginning."

The Nate Berkus Show is obviously built around style, but guests from different walks of life will also be there to get personal and dish about topics like family, relationships, entertaining, finances and getting organized.

"I want the show to inspire," Berkus told NBC. "I want the show to empower. I want the show to give people real information. If they're going to give me an hour of their day, I want that hour to be time well spent."

While the show is about lifestyle as well as style, Oprah's design guy has created quite a designer's studio for his new syndicated talk show!

In addition to an entire wall of living plants, his homey lab includes the Instant Design Studio, which uses 3-D gaming technology to create virtual spaces. That means viewers can actually see what he has in mind before any legwork or changes have been done!

No doubt, fans will soon be sending out prayers for their own Nate's Crate delivery. Berkus plans to surprise guests, viewers and who knows who else with special deliveries that come in, as the name suggests, a big crate.

"There's never been a show like this on TV," Berkus promised. "Everything I've learned, I'm going to teach this audience."

Guests on upcoming episodes include Dolly Parton and Jamie Lee Curtis, but for today's premiere episode, Berkus had Elizabeth Edwards as his guest and also surprised a single mom with a kitchen makeover.

Elizabeth Edwards dishes about her new Chapel Hill interior furnishing shop Red Window and also opened up about her battle with breast cancer and her mortifying public breakup with former presidential candidate John Edwards, who infamously had an affair and a baby on the side.

While the show offers big promise for viewers, it will also go down as the first big time talk show hosted by an outwardly gay man, marking a momentous step for gay America.

Find out where The Nate Berkus Show is airing in your area by visiting the show's website.

The Nate Berkus Show highlight: Dolly Parton!

Tags: nate berkus

Comments

Comments on "The Nate Berkus Show debuts"

Betty Sanders September 28, 2012 | 10:57 AM

I was so sad and surprised that Nate's show was being canceled. I was very happy that it was still on after the initial news, only to discover it had been replaced in September. In my opinion it was the BEST show on daytime tv. Any chance his show will turn up somewhere else?

Mary Rasmussen August 21, 2012 | 3:49 PM

I agree with the first two ladies and their comment about getting the recipe for pound cake. Sure with that you could make it easier. I will go to the internet for the cake recipe but would like to have the mousse recipe. Can you help?

Mickie Dressler August 21, 2012 | 11:47 AM

Hi,I would also like the receipe for the Lemon glaze & the Lemon Curd that was shown with the Pound cake from Kim Nelson from Daisy Cakes Thank you Micki

Denise August 20, 2012 | 8:31 AM

The Nate Burkus show with the "lemon" pound cake was just rerun. The pound cake was not a lemon pound cake but a vanilla pound cake with a vanilla glaze. We, the audience, were told that we could substitute the vanilla in the glaze with lemon. The recipe for the pound cake and glaze can be found on the internet, but not on the Nate Burkus website, very disappointing. The recipe for the lemon mouss is no where to be found though. :-(

Jennette Lee May 06, 2012 | 5:00 PM

I too would like the recipe for lemon bundt cake with lemon sauce, Kim Nelson made on the April 26 show... Love your show Nate!

Julie Scheibel May 01, 2012 | 3:39 PM

I am shocked to read that the Nate Berkus show is being cancelled. I am also interested in receiving the recipe for Daisy Cakes Lemon Bundt cake with sauce recipe that was to be posted on April 26th.

sylvia April 30, 2012 | 3:54 PM

Please put the lemon sauce receipe that was on the April 26th. show from daisy cakes, Kims receipe please.

SheKnows Entertainment Editor April 27, 2012 | 10:02 AM

Hi everyone, we do not have access to Nate's recipe, unfortunately, but here are a couple delicious lemon cake recipes we've tried and absolutely love: http://www.sheknows/food-and-recipes/articles/808706/lemon-cake-recipes And here's a Lemonade Layer Cake recipe I found on Pinterest recently. Can't wait to try. Yum! http://www.myrecipes/recipe/lemonade-layer-cake-10000000249959/

Sue April 26, 2012 | 8:48 PM

I would like to get the recipe for the shepherds pie that was shown previously on the show but dont find it on the website anywhere. Thanks for your help.

Barbara Babcock April 26, 2012 | 6:43 PM

my daughter told me about some recipes and your show April 26th. please tell me how I can get them.

Jeannie April 26, 2012 | 5:50 PM

Please put cake recipe up thank you

marcy April 26, 2012 | 3:54 PM

Nate said the recipe for lemon cake would be on the web site. Where? Please email me info as I did not write it down figuring I would just print it from the website....4/26/12 show

mary baney April 26, 2012 | 3:13 PM

on april 26 2012 daisy's cakes was on she had a pound cake on there nate said it would be on his website but can't find it would you please e-mail it to me thank you very much

mindy cross February 01, 2012 | 2:51 PM

I love the ideas I see on this show don,t cancel Ilook forward to seeing it.

LaVern January 03, 2012 | 7:34 PM

I'm was very disapointed to read that The Nate Show is being canceled. I watch TV very seldom except for this show which i try to watch every day. Nate is so talented and he is so open. He shows that he loves doing what he is doing. I love watching his suprises almost as much as he loves doing them. He has finally motivated me to do something with my room. I love him and his show and will miss watching both very much.

Bonnie Lemley December 28, 2011 | 4:22 PM

Racheal Ray coming back to the spot Nate is on now next week. Where and when will his show be aired..He is on now at 10am abc on east coast thank u

helen rubino November 30, 2011 | 1:57 PM

Love your show and would like the recipe for turkey recipe on today's show It had ground turkey, peppers,onion,tomatoes, chick peas, and spices. Could you please send me the recipe shown on today's program November 30. Thank you. Look forward to your shows every day.

GIDGET November 10, 2011 | 9:49 AM

I WATCH OR RECORD NATE AND WATCH LATE AFER WORK DAILY, HE IS A GENIUS - SUCH A WARM AND SO SMART, THE SHOWS ARE MEANT FOR EVERYONE AND COVERS GREAT AREAS. I AM CONSTANTLY TALKING TO OTHERS ABOUT HIS SHOWS, HIS DECORATING. THE RECIPES -- ALL I TRULY LOVE IT AND HOPE HE DONT GO OFF FOR MANY YEARS. I LOVE NATE, LIKE A SON.

Claudia November 09, 2011 | 4:38 PM

I look forward to watching the Nate Show evert day. The great ideas, guest, receipes and you feel like you have known him for years.

Marilu Pulkownik January 18, 2011 | 12:44 PM

I love, love, love the show! I'm glad that you're much better after your surgery. My best friend is living in Maine. Her husband is in the Navy and they are being sent to California where they will be downsizing their home. She has some beautiful antique pieces that I want to buy. My problem is this, I can't afford to have them brought over to Chicago from Maine and pay her as well. I'm hoping you can help me come up with a way to ship the items to me inexpensively and in tacked. Price is my main concern because I still have to come up with a way to buy the furniture. Please help I think they'll be ready to move in April. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Marilu