Talk Replacing As The World Turns

A talk show featuring Sara Gilbert will replace the long-running, yet departing soap opera As the World Turns this fall on CBS.

Sara Gilbert

When As the World Turns goes off the air in September after an impressive 54-year run, an hour-long chat fest, developed, hosted and executive produced by Sara Gilbert, will air. In addition to Sara Gilbert, who starred on Roseanne and has recently been added to the cast of The Big Bang Theory, five other women will serve as co-hosts.

While the talk show doesn't have a name just yet, the remaining co-hosts have been selected and will include Big Brother host and The Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen, America's Got Talent judge Sharon Osbourne, Celebrity Apprentice runner-up Holly Robinson Peete, former Dancing with the Stars contestant Marissa Jaret Winokur and former The King of Queens star Leah Remini.

The new talk show will take a mother's point of view on current issues as all the hosts have children.

Of the new show, senior vice president of daytime for CBS Entertainment, Barbara Bloom, stated, "Daytime is an evolving daypart with more variety now among soap operas, game and talk shows. We were looking for a new format that would speak to the core audience but also have the topical and entertainment value to go even broader. This panel is not a bashful bunch; they are outspoken on any issue you put on the table. It promises to be an hour of television with timely discussions, unfiltered opinions and a lot of personality."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the new talk show, based in LA, will tentatively begin airing on CBS in October and will include guest interviews with entertainers and newsmakers, live remotes and personal home footage shot by the co-hosts.

And no, it is not The View!

Tags: julie chen marissa jaret winokur

Comments

Comments on "Sara Gilbert anchors new talk show with Julie Chen and Leah Remini"

Casey February 17, 2011 | 3:09 PM

I agree with Rebecca, Sharon is gross when she takes her shoes OFF and sits on her legs, I love the show but could do without Sharon, the gals are great and make me laugh a lot, Leah is funny, I enjoy the show...

dj January 31, 2011 | 10:22 PM

I love the show and my girls. I've watched them all on t.v. throughout my life. I can relate to them all. It's a brilliant concept. Leah's opinion does count....she a sista from another mista to me. As a teacher, one of the best things about a snow day is watching The Talk. No disrespect, but maybe the soap just ran out of ppl dying and coming back to life. That low blow to my girl Julie was uncalled for. Love u girls....one fab girl to five others.

kat January 06, 2011 | 3:10 PM

love the show. has alot of good topics and love the guests and ideas. thanks for the show thats for women. want to know the name of excercise dance that was. look fun and good to lose wieght the show was january 6th 2010 thanks

lynn hodges January 05, 2011 | 6:09 PM

hey sara i wonder what is vegan have you always been a vegan and what is a sample weekly menu what do you drink do you or your kids have any allergies some folks think if you go more natural that you are more suseptible to allergies a lot of kids have peanut allergies some one said its cause they dont have enough dirt in their life i kind of think they are right our pioneer ancestors did ok i would like to do a simpler life one set of clothes for each day of the week one pair of shoes simple meals things that are good for you are more expensive than things that arent good for you candy bar 50 cents apple 1.25 soda 89 cents milk 2.65 or more thank you for your time i enjoy each of you

MAMA January 05, 2011 | 11:11 AM

Don't care for the show....tried to watch it, but I really don't care for Leah (always talking loud and over people and she thinks her opinion is really important (?) go figure!). Plus I have nothing in common with these ladies and I don't like what CBS did to Harry Smith and I know that Julie was aware of the hanging of her coworkers. I'm really staying off CBS, but I just don't care for the show.

Cindy Young December 16, 2010 | 12:13 PM

I enjoy the show very much.I wasnt so aure about Holly and Julie at first, but am sure now after watching it. Good crew. A topic Id love to see covered is the destruction of history. Alot of historical landmarks are being destroyed in the name of progress. All the destruction does is deny future generatwexperience/ see for themselves. I am such a person. My family Inn was destroyed in England for the Arndale Mall. Sucks to be me I guess.Good luck with the show

ana gonzalez November 30, 2010 | 11:47 AM

nov 30th show. I put my son in a bassinet next to the bed for the first year.You can tell when they have a fever so its ok to put them in bed with you.(when they are sick,hopfully no contajous).Just keep reminding them this is only temperary(as they get older)so when theyre old enough they will stay in their own bed.By the time the second son came the first one was trained to sleep with his brother, than with us.Woman show ur children that ur bed is ur bed,show ur husband how wonderful it is to be with him and the kids see the love and how to treat ur man or woman.

Bonnie Nightingale November 18, 2010 | 9:36 PM

My Daughter in Law has Written a Book Call "A Mom's life" The Great, The Bad and The Disgusting. She was inspired to write in when one day her Husband came home, looked around the house and said "What have you een doing all day" Well she is a Mother of 4 children all under the age of 10, a Homeschooler, beauty consultant for a reputibleMake up company. So she just started to write down what she did in the course of a day with all she does. The book came to her in "poem form" and it turned out AMAZING! Please check it out: Go to Brookenightingale and you won't be sorry to see what you will find..

suzan lewis October 23, 2010 | 9:27 AM

Thank you to Chandra for the tip about CVS. My three grandchildren have had occasional vomiting for no reason, stumped the doctors......now we are "charting" the episodes and have connected to the CVS website for info. Good Job! Love the show. Suzan.

suzan lewis October 23, 2010 | 9:24 AM

You were wondering how to treat ear pain on airplane trip? Easy. Ask the flight attendant for a plastic drinking cup filled with a napkin that's been wet and heated in the microwave. Place the cup on your ear (or two for both ears) and VOILA, the pain in gone! The steam is very soothing. It works! I'm an ex-stew. Suzan from Sebastopol, CA.

Reecca Graham October 22, 2010 | 7:17 AM

Good week's start. Sharon O. Must keep her shoes on. Gross and will not watch if she sits on feet, rubs bare feet, and then shakes guest's hand. No, no.

laura holtsclaw October 21, 2010 | 9:01 PM

must be nice to be in her shoes,but don't hate cause you are not in her place,the talk will be a big hit...i ideal all these ladys an congradulate them on there show.

Deena October 14, 2010 | 11:17 AM

Must be nice to have a husband BIG-WIG at CBS who throws off a beloved show of over 50 years to give his wifie another inane talk show.