No Baby For Michaels

Jillian Michaels has reported that she will never get pregnant because she doesn't want to ruin her body.

Jillian Michaels

The celebrity trainer from The Biggest Loser told Women's Health that if she ever has kids, she will adopt.

Altruistic, right? Not when you hear her reasons.

"I'm going to adopt. I can't handle doing that to my body," Michaels said. "Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."

So basically, she doesn't want to ruin her body and equates adopting a child with adopting a dog, with the purpose of feeling better about herself.

Experts say fitness role models like Michaels should exercise more care when projecting their own obvious body issues to their public.

"She is teaching people about body image and self-esteem," said Los Angeles family therapist Dr Leslie Seppinni.

"Women have children all the time and get right back in shape, particularly if they exercise. If this is how she truly feels, she should seek counsel before coaching others on issues of body image."

Michaels' body issues are rooted deep in her childhood and are no secret. She weighed 175 pounds at 12 years old.

Read on for more TV news

Kate Gosselin voted off Dancing with the Stars
Glee tributes Madonna
Alyssa Milano is Romantically Challenged

Comments

Comments on "Jillian Michaels says no baby will ruin her body"

Ciera July 22, 2010 | 1:21 PM

Women can get back into shape after a baby, but it does alter your body. It's never the same again. Her profession requires her to be slim and trim, with the abs and all, in order to be taken seriously. At least she's aware of her priorities and is being honest about how she feels. So many people have children because society dictates they should. Having a child in an overpopulated world is more selfish IMHO than saying you'd like to adopt because you don't want your body to change.

James Bey May 23, 2010 | 2:15 AM

I totally agree and understand where Jillian is coming from. The world is already over populated with people. At least she is willing to give a child a home and be a mother to someone who is in need. @Andrea take ya fat ass and buy her dvds. U need it!

Robyn May 01, 2010 | 7:51 PM

Those words were taken out of context. She said she had personal reasons from her past that she didn't want to have a baby because of. I wish they would actually write the entire statement instead of editing certain parts. Everyone has their own reasons for their decisions and her are more than she doesn't want to get fat.

Andrea April 29, 2010 | 6:08 AM

I was definitely planning on purchasing some of Jillian Micheals Wii workouts but after these statements I couldn't be more turned off. She helps women to lose the baby weight but apparently is to afraid that she can't do the same. Why should i trust in her if she doesn't trust in herself. Sorry, but she just lost me as a fan.

leslee kahler April 28, 2010 | 9:47 AM

I was a bit offended by her comments, I was a third degree black belt in karate and worked out with my first child till the day before he was born. Then it took a long time to get back in shape, and I had to do it again after my daughter was born, but they are worth it. As a fitness coach she is being very insensitive to moms, don't you think lots of moms want to have tight abs? But you try working out while your up to 3 am or changing diapers round the clock. Also how can she expect to really understand a moms struggle to get back into shape if she's never been there?

Chris in Columbia CT April 27, 2010 | 4:30 AM

Jillian did an awesome job of getting herself into shape and staying that way right through her 30's. Her decision to not give birth makes sense for someone who values her body that much. She is NOT suggesting that others do the same. I don't think that someone will not have children just because she has decided not to. If they take her that literally, then they are idiots anyway. She is strictly talking about HERSELF. Let's get it straight here folks. And the fact that she would consider adopting is one of the most caring things anyone can do for an unwanted child. Come on everyone, stop being so jealous and critical of her and instead give her credit for being such a good contributor to our society by helping so many people bring their weight down to where they want it to be. How much weight have YOU lost since you were 12 years old, and how many people have YOU helped meet their goals lately??

Nicole April 26, 2010 | 8:52 AM

Yeah a lot of women get back in shape after a baby ( I did ) but what about my hips and torso that will never be the same. My hips literally ache ALL.THE.TIME! I don't judge her at all.

beth April 26, 2010 | 8:49 AM

children dont ruin your body, you do..though they sure dont help ;) lol they've ruined my mind too, but thats my own problem! LOL I can understand feeling this way, especially with her childhood issues, but she is a public figure who deals with other peoples body images & self esteem...she might want to censor what she says a bit better. now personally, i am offended by what she has said. for all that my body is "ruined" if i had taken better care of myself before, during & after, things would be different..but for all the "ruining" that happened here..my kids are worth it. even if they do cause me to sit down after they go to bed and eat a huge bowl of ice cream for release. LOL

joann April 25, 2010 | 10:28 PM

Good for you girl, too late for me. your body isn't the only thing kids spoil...take care