Brittany Murphy: Accidental Death

Brittany Murphy's autopsy results have been released. As the 32-year-old Brittany Murphy was laid to rest six weeks ago on Christmas Eve, questions swirled around the cause of the death. There are no more mysteries.

Murphy died accidentally as a result of multiple drug intoxications, pneumonia and iron deficiency anemia. Prior to her death, the actress's husband and mother both said she was suffering from laryngitis and flu-like symptoms. On December 20 she was found in her Hollywood Hills home. Attempts by her mother and husband, Simon Monjack, to revive her were unsuccessful.

Brittany Murphy's death has been ruled an accidental death

Sadly, the LA County Coroner office has mentioned they believe her condition was "treatable."

Unfortunately, hindsight is 20/20 as no one took her to the hospital in time.

Regarding the multiple drugs found in her system, they were prescription drugs including medicine for cramps and over the counter meds including cough syrup. It's likely the drugs pushed her over the edge but underlying problems were the pneumonia and anemia.

If any lesson may be learned from the untimely death of Brittany Murphy, it's that being unhealthy in this day of modern medicine can be fixed with the simplest visit to the doctor's office. In essence, Brittany was very sick and did not get proper treatment. It appears that her self-medication of cough syrup did not help her cause either.

We also don't know what physical state Murphy was in but considering her conditions she was likely exhausted as well. Although the autopsy report can not bring the actress back to life, it will hopefully answer questions so her husband and mother may properly grieve and move forward.

Read on for more Brittany Murphy

Brittany Murphy is laid to rest
The must-see movies of Brittany Murphy
Remembering Brittany Murphy in photos

Tags:

Recommended for you

Comments

Comments on "Brittany Murphy autopsy results revealed"

Casey Astin July 12, 2012 | 7:28 AM

I am shocked to just now find out that this lovely talented actress is now gone. I had only seen "The Ramen Girl" last week and was in the process of telling everyone how much I enjoyed it when I found this article and feel like I have lost a friend. No need to try to punish whomever you feel should have been there...the end result is she died too soon and we should mourn her instead of trying to place blame. Rest well honey, you will be remembered.

Marie N February 05, 2010 | 1:04 PM

Know that many disagree will disagree with me but this young woman was not a child. She was an adult who had the awareness to tell her mother she was dying. That means she had the awareness to go to the doctor or an emergency room if she felt sick enough. Last time I called 911 it took them about 5 minutes to get there...don't know what happened at her house that morning but someone wasn't thinking clearly and I don't think it was only Murphy.

anjela February 04, 2010 | 2:01 PM

Well pneumonia is a result of her system shutting down and it is very distressful to know she was surrounded by people who were no good to her in terms of being an advocate. Look if it were a puppy or a child wouldn't a mother take it to the DR or hospital. These people could have paid a Dr to have come to the home just to examine her- I know she would have needed an xray but with that money there are xray units would have come and confirmed the pneumonia....so sad....

+ Add Comment


(required - not published)