Sade's new track on SheKnows

Bring Me Home Has Premiered

Sade and her band are back after 10-year absence. Hear Bring Me Home, a track from their new album, Soldier of Love, right here on SheKnows!

"I only make records when I feel I have something to say. I'm not interested in releasing music just for the sake of selling something. Sade is not a brand," lead singer Sade said of the record. The notoriously shy and brilliant musician thankfully has much to say with her new release.

The elusive Sade is in her element with Soldier of Love

Soldier of Love arrives February 9, just in time for Valentine's Day. A perfect time for an album release by Sade given their talent for producing romantic songs.

When Sade last left audiences, it was 2000 and Lovers Rock had just gown several-times platinum. Sade has been recording masterful music for 25 years, yet have only crafted six studio albums.

Soldier of Love began its coming to life in 2008 when Sade called her band mates eager to make more musical magic. Huddled in Peter Gabriel's Real World studio near Sade's residence in Southwest England was the first time the four main band members shared space since 2001.

With such a rich history of music, Sade could not return with a simple series of melodies. This is the voice that launched 1984's Your Love is King, Is it a Crime and Smooth Operator when we first discovered Sade years ago. Soldier of Love needed to set itself apart from the rest of the Sade catalog. According to keyboardist Andrew Hale, "The big question for all of us at the beginning was, did we still want to do this and could we still get along as friends?"

As their new album bows February 9, that answer must have been a highly-charged affirmative.

Buy Sade's Soldier of Love here

Sade's bring Me Home

Read on for more music

2010 Coachella lineup
The top CDs of 2009
Grammy Awards performers: The full list

Tags: sade soldier of love

Comments

Comments on "Sade's new track on SheKnows"

Gail May 26, 2012 | 8:47 PM

Sade what can I honestly say,really? everything has been said.You are a supreme artist ans so is the band

christofunk February 10, 2010 | 2:36 AM

Sade, Is the most brilliant, smoothest, intimate artist in the universe. And I think she sets the bar for talent, sincerity, and deep familiar feelings through her music

christofunk February 10, 2010 | 2:25 AM

Lighten up Sade. Bluegrass tends to be the same way as far as songs about and or moching(moccing?) death. Have fun with it! Dont make me think that this your ulegy(youlagey?) whatevre. death is fun. i mean like singing about it And yes of course , you are the best. Really.

Valerie February 09, 2010 | 12:17 PM

Words cannot express how happy I am that Sade is back!! Soldier of Love is one of the hottest cuts she's created. I've been a fan since DAY ONE (the day Diamond Life was released)and will be a fan until the end. Saw her at Radio City Music Hall back in the 80's and I was blown away. I have to say if Sade evers come to a city near you, you should make it a point to check her out. She is AMAZING!!!!!! Love you Sade!

Eric February 05, 2010 | 5:55 PM

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!! You were missed in that unless I popped in a CD, good music was a rarity. I am estatic that you are back with some new music for me to enjoy.

kenneth delano huny February 02, 2010 | 11:04 PM

stunning beautiful, and hauntingly breathtaking ,please don't leave us again.I will always and forever be by your side

Rady February 02, 2010 | 7:06 AM

Hi! I'm come from Bulgaria. I like Sade's music very much. I have all albums of Sade. The Soldier of love is amazing song, and I hope this album will have big success. Congratiolations!

Wabi Sabi Kimmo February 02, 2010 | 6:12 AM

Sade is back ! and about time All my best to you in heart and mind Sade

Yessim February 02, 2010 | 1:40 AM

I only can say Thank you very much for your songs. God bless you, Sade. Love you forever.Yessim from Kazakhstan, Taraz city.

Mister January 31, 2010 | 6:13 PM

Well..let's see now. First,it was,"Soldier Of Love",next it was,"Baby Father";now,it's,"Bring Me Home"... ...I say that Sade is 3 for 3 on showcasing great songs for their forth coming effort. Keep up the great work guys. Peace,from Atlanta,GA.

Deon January 31, 2010 | 9:05 AM

8 rows back 1993 The Gorge Amphitheatre George, WA. I fell in love with Sade. 2002 Key Arena Seattle I confirmed my love for Sade. Their band is unbelievable and can’t wait to hear their new CD. Sade is amazing. Get the DVD of her Lover Rock concert if you haven’t already and you too will love Sade.

roy January 31, 2010 | 8:02 AM

This is awful! And I am a Sade fan. Now I am a fan of the older stuff. Lovers Rock on back. Hopefully there will be some good remixes of these terrrible songs!

JAY January 31, 2010 | 6:40 AM

ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE HELPED ME GET THROUGH ANOTHER LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE, I NEEDED THIS CD TO GET ME THROUGH IT. NOTHING HAPPENS BEFORE ITS TIME. YOUR RIGHT ON TIME. MAY GOD BLESS YOU. YOU JUST DONT KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE TOUCHED. I LOVE YOU MY SISTER. I FEEL YOUR JOY AND PAIN AS YOU DO MINE. ITS ALL IN YOUR MUSIC.

Sonia Bina Limas-Zamorano January 30, 2010 | 9:11 PM

This has been such a long time coming 10 years I think this has been anticipated by so many of Sade's fans. I have been a fan since a baby I was born in 83 she came out in 84 with Diamond Life and I have been such a dedicated fan her music has archived moments in my heart and soul I was just a child when I heard Love Deluxe and then I didnt know what the meaning behind those songs meant now that I am an adult I have gone through the situations she writes about. I love her music and I cannot wait to run to my music store and buy 2 or 3 copies.

Darlene January 30, 2010 | 1:02 PM

At last you have come back to us better than ever. We have missed you. Can't wait for 2-9-10.

kathryn January 30, 2010 | 10:42 AM

Love SADE!! You must see her LIVE-amazing concert!! Cannot wait!

WANDA January 30, 2010 | 9:41 AM

I love that you make music b/c you have something to say, and not b/c you want to make money. That's a true exercise of your gift and that's why it is so Blessed. Thank you Sade.

Scott January 30, 2010 | 6:37 AM

TIMELESS!!!

Tedi January 30, 2010 | 4:55 AM

The new song is realy great.I will love you forever,i need you,thanks come back.God bless you Sade.

Dawn January 29, 2010 | 7:53 PM

Sade is the epitome of a phenomenal woman! You have truly been missed!