Runway Returns On Lifetime!

Light the stage and turn up the music, Project Runway is about to begin anew. It's season 6 of Project Runway and it's only on Lifetime beginning August 20.

Project Runway is back and Heidi Klum now resides on Lifetime!Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are back along with your favorite judges, fashion designer Michael Kors and Nina Garcia, fashion designer for Marie Claire magazine. And you won't believe who shows up in the Project Runway guest judge seat every week. (Want a sneak peek? Watch the video below!)

Sixteen new contestants are ready to sew up a storm competing in some of the toughest challenges ever. In the end, only one will walk away with the prize package which includes an editorial feature in an upcoming issue of Marie Claire magazine, a $100,000 cash prize from L'Oreal Paris to start a fashion line and a trip to Paris furnished by Evian.

That is one amazing prize, so you can bet Tim Gunn is going to make those designers work. Sloppy seams, drooping buttons and broken zippers simply won't do. These 16 Project Runway contestants are going to have to do better than their best, bringing something completely new and exciting to the runway.

The new season of Project Runway premieres August 20 at 10:00 pm, but you'll want to tune in to Lifetime at 8:00 pm for a very special event -- the Project Runway All-Star Challenge. This two-hour event features eight former fan favorites including the fabulously flamboyant Chris March, the eclectic Santino Rice, and the inventive Sweet P. They'll be stitching up a storm in hopes of taking home the $100,000 cash prize and bragging rights (which is the most important prize of all).

Since Lifetime knows how much you love Project Runway, they've come up with a companion series that will air every Thursday at 11:00 pm, right after the show. It's called Models of the Runway and it's your all-access backstage pass into the Runway world from the view of the models. For the first time ever, you'll get to see what it's really like in the fitting room and on the catwalk as these 16 models compete for a prize all their own; $25,000 in cash from L'Oreal Skin Genesis and a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine.

It is going to be one full night of satins, silks and sequins with more of everything you've come to love about Project Runway. More concerned frowns from Tim Gunn, more ego jabs from Nina Garcia, more gaudy garments from over-the-top designers and some of the most incredible fashions ever seen on a New York runway. It all begins on August 20 with Project Runway All-Star Challenge at 8:00 pm, the Project Runway season 6 premiere at 10:00 pm and the premiere of Models of the Runway at 11:00 pm and it's all only on Lifetime.

Project Runway season 6 preview video!

Comments

Comments on "Project Runway season 6 preview"

EEDEN August 25, 2009 | 6:27 PM

I'm GLAD that Daniel won AND I am sick and tired of listening to black contestants and viewers blaming their losing as racist. Just "Maybe" they weren't good enough that particular time. I also do not like the contrived arguments and back biting, and ing. It was SO obvious last season and now it is starting again.

L Bryan August 25, 2009 | 6:48 AM

I will naver watch project runway again, it has no credibility, Karto should have won. You will have to do somthing to make it up to Karto.

Lynette Jenkins August 24, 2009 | 4:07 PM

I completely agree with viewers who feel that Korto should have won the challenge.Her designs were impeccable[all of them].This show has clearly demonstrated that an African American who executes creativity,skill and talent above their peers, will never win.Korto was not the only designer of color who was jilted on this show.To watch the broken spirit of Korto was riveting to me.I only have words of encouragement to my sister.Continue to display your God-Given Gifts; for those who are intelligent and worthy will receive you with open arms.

Weezie August 24, 2009 | 12:36 PM

I too am disappointed with the Judge's decision. I didn't really care for anything that Daniel made. No on the other hand, Koto had a Bombing set of outfits. I'd wear anything she makes. Even her restaurant dress was fabulous. I think we either need new judges, or they really need to stop being discriminatory. No way should Daniel have won..but then again, he wrote about all of them in his book.

Shorty August 23, 2009 | 3:49 PM

I purposely did not watch last season, because I have found this show to be one of the most racist shows I have seen in a long time. There is no way that they are going to allow an african-american designer to win and they showed that on several occasions. Daniel's line was a complete disaster and Koto deserved to win, but they gave it to Daniel anyway. The look on her face said it all! I totally was there with her screaming at the tv as if the idiot judges could hear me. I really don't like Santino, but his line was better than Daniel's. I couldn't believe he even made it to the top 4. The show is laughable and I will not be watching it any further. Kara Saun also should have won her season, but didn't. I don't know who the judges are looking for clothes designed for, but no woman I know would wear that ulgy crap that they gushed over! They are completely insane.

Candlelight August 22, 2009 | 8:32 PM

Chris March, Chris March, Chris March He's a genius who needs his own show! I want to see more of his humor and humility and creativity!!!!! There's just no way that SweetP was better than Chris. I'm sorry, but she's just so boring. Santino is boring too, with his super ego and hooker designs. Jeff is a still a putz. Koto is forgettable as a person & as a designer. And except for his RC dress, which had that same 'military' button thing that he used before, Daniel's collection was so ugly! No woman is going to wear those garbage bag, puffball shorts and I've seen that Lycra blue and white top since the 80s. I don't know WHAT the judges were thinking, really. Anyway, Chris deserves better than he got, which was a terrible lack of respect from the others and 4th place. I can't blame him for sleeping to get away from those selfish, nasty, brats he was forced to be around. Thanks for letting me express my chargin and regret that Chris didn't win and that he STILL doesn't have his own show and line of clothes. Aaaaarrrrrrghh!

Barbara Miraglia August 22, 2009 | 2:24 PM

I fell alseep! Who won?

Darling Ford August 22, 2009 | 9:47 AM

Heidi, I was very disappointed that Koto lost the Project Runway challenge for the second time. All of you spoke very highly of her designs and how she had grown as a designer. She looked devastated when you announced the winner. I truly thought her designs displayed all the qualifications for a winner. What did I miss? I pray she stays encouraged, her big break in the design industry is coming and she is going to take the world by storm, if it hasn't happened already! Koto we're pulling for you!!!!!