Hollywood Hurts Over Jackson Death

Michael Jackson's death has celebrities speaking out. Merely hours after Jackson died at a the UCLA Ronald Reagan hospital, devastated stars are emotional.

Madonna and Michael Jackson attend the OscarsSome stars made official statements on the death of Michael Jackson through their PR people, while others took to Twitter to express their sadness and disbelief.

Madonna says: I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless.

Justin Timberlake: I can't find the words right now to express how deeply sadden (sic) I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Eddie Van Halen: I am really shocked; as I'm sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on Beat It back in '83 -- one of my fondest memories in my career. Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace.

Director John Landis: I was lucky enough to know and work with Michael Jackson in his prime [directing the Thriller and Black & White videos]. Michael was an extraordinary talent and a truly great international star. He had a troubled and complicated life and despite his gifts, remains a tragic figure. My wife Deborah and I will always have great affection for him.

Elizabeth Taylor via a rep: Dame Elizabeth Taylor is too devastated by the passing of her dear friend Michael Jackson to issue a statement at this time.

Smokey Robinson: It is always hard to lose a friend... I will miss Michael and all that he brought to the world through his music and his creative genius. I know his legend will live on and the world will miss him dearly.

Akon: I am deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the sudden death of Michael Jackson... He is a musical icon. I have always said to myself that the top would be working with Michael and last year when I got the chance to work with him, I was completely humbled. The world has lost one of the greatest entertainers who shaped many generations and will continue to for years to come.

Corey Feldman: I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend.

John Mayer misses Michael JacksonSTARS express sadness via twitter

Almost every star with a Twitter account took to the web to share their grief over Michael Jackson dying.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: We lost a great entertainer and a pop icon. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael Jackson's family, friends and fans.

Sean Diddy Combs:
Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!

Joel Madden: I'm getting off the computer. Gonna spend time with my family. It was a sad day. Need a break from all of this. Rest in Peace Michael.

Pink: Michael Jackson was one of the best that ever did it. RIP

Jane Fonda: I am stunned. My friend, Michael Jackson is dead. He lived with me for a week on 'Golden Pond' set after Thriller.

Samantha Ronson: His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I'm sure it will remain so for generations to come. R.I.P. Mr Jackson.

Ice T: Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love, miss & remember your greatness.

John Mayer: Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.

See more Michael Jackson death coverage hereLudacris: If it were not for Michael Jackson I would not be where or who I am today. His Music and Legacy will live on Forever. Prayers to the fam R.I.P.

Star Jones: 'Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument.' He is and was the greatest entertainer of all times... Peace to you brother.

Rachelle Lefevre: Rest in peace Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson. Condolences to their families.

Liza Minelli: "He was just a really splendid man... and a brilliant performer who changed theatrical history. And I will miss him, I cannot tell you."

Lance Armstrong: Terrible news about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. My best to their friends, fans, and families.

Miley Cyrus: Michael Jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings.

Demi Moore: I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!

Ashton Kutcher: I plea to the press to respect his wishes of maintaining the anonymity of his children.

Jenny McCarthy: Michael Jackson has passed away. His spirit and creative influence will live on through his music that we have loved for decades.

Taylor Swift: It just doesn't feel real.. Everyone is walking around backstage saying "Have you heard?".

Paris Hilton: I am so sad right now. I can't believe Michael is gone. What a sad day today, I'm devastated.

Watch Ashanti react to Michael Jackson death:

Read on for more Michael Jackson death news

Michael Jackson dead: what we know so far
Remembering Michael Jackson
UCLA Medical Center statement on Michael Jackson's death
Michael Jackson's 5 greatest entertainment moments
10 Michael Jackson performance videos
Photo gallery tribute to Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson's most famous albums: a photo gallery
Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett: 1 day, 2 icons lost
BMI Music Publishing releases statement on death of Michael Jackson

Share your favorite memories of Michael Jackson below!

Comments

Comments on "Michael Jackson dead: celebrities react"

brenda July 29, 2009 | 4:59 AM

The music world will NEVER be the same cause there will NEVER be another you, yes we will mourn you but we will all have been better off in the long run for having danced with you in life; I am still hoping I get to meet you..........wearever you are;MAY YOU FIND ETERNAL PEACE: which you did not have in all areas of your life...

Tarsha June 29, 2009 | 9:43 AM

I just cant believe that he is gone. I have listened to his music all my life and it breaks my home to see him gone. He will greatly be missed but his legacy will live on. My prayers goes out to his family and childrens. Michael you never any peace while physically her one earth may you rest in peace now. We love you Michael.

mary June 29, 2009 | 7:42 AM

michael taught the world to dance in perfect harmony. his music was a bridge that crossed all barriors, eg. race, age, culture, wealth. RIP Michael I love you, thanks for sharing yourself with us while you were here.

darlene June 27, 2009 | 9:31 PM

When I met my husband in early 1970 we did not have too much in common, he liked iron butterfly and i was more of hermit hermits person. Then there was michael jackson. We both liked his music very much then and still do today. michael jackson was a great singer, dancer, whatever. he had such a hard time trying to express himself that he became very misunderstood, i do not think that he ever hurt a one of those children, why he was such a child like person himself. i hope and pray that he has finally found the peace and happiness that he deserves. hopefully his death can bring his family closer together and they will always have his music, as will everyone,his children and each other to get them through this very difficult time of their life. be strong for his children and do not let anyone take them away. hopefully you all can be a better family because of this, there are three little children that had no choice of who their family would be so please, they need their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and all of their families and friends to help them adjust and try to get on with their young lives. may God bless and take care of each and everyone of you.

darlene June 27, 2009 | 9:28 PM

Michelle June 27, 2009 | 12:50 PM

I grew up on The Jacksons' music. I had all pictures, posters, etc... I used to even fantasize about meeting Michael. He was so amazing. He had a serious soul. He seemed to gentle and loving. I admired the way he tried to keep his children out of the negativity of the public. That showed true fatherhood. My heart goes out to his family, especially his children. R.I.P. Micheal. You are finally able to rest. Love always.

jaydottee June 26, 2009 | 7:31 PM

true legend cant believe hes gone doesnt feel real

delores June 26, 2009 | 9:39 AM

Rest in peace Mike. You have left a talent and legacy that will be hard to follow. Your music and talent was of the highest caliber. Your gone to be missed. The world loved you and those that did not dont count. My prayers to the jackson family and to Farrah Fawcetts family in their time of sorrow.

Patsy June 26, 2009 | 9:32 AM

I've always been a fan of Michael's and I really don't want to here about the celebrities and stars come out now and say anything about Michael....Where were them when Michael was on trial for the accusation of child molestation??? These celebrities & stars disgust me that they have anything to say. I will only listen to his true friends, family, and fans.

angie June 26, 2009 | 8:59 AM

we will miss you michael. Forever in our hearts and you live on through your music and your children. We as the world love you and will always love you. We are in disbelief. It doesn't seem real. Seemed like just yesterday i saw your first thriller video on MTV. It was a hot video, you made great music and knew how to throw an awesome show. RIP Michael Jackson. We will miss you deeply.

Ella June 26, 2009 | 8:55 AM

Has anyone heard what happens to Michael Jackson's children? Do the kids go to Mrs. Jackson so they can be with their grandmother?

CJ June 26, 2009 | 8:54 AM

I'm still in shock. I thought this was a hoax at first. I can't believe Michael Jackson is really dead.

Ikey Benney June 26, 2009 | 8:29 AM

So, you have left us, Michael. It is impossible to believe. How can this world be the same without you? What happened to you my dear bro? Is it possible to go on in this life without you? Please answer! Rest in peace.

janet June 26, 2009 | 5:42 AM

I grew up to Michael Jackson and his music, I am 50 my heart is heavy with grief, he was a great humantarian as well as an entertainer,the world has lost a pure soul, I feel as though he was put through so much torture with the allegations, which certainly were lies. God Bless You, Michael!!! We love you and will never forget you!

Vanessa June 26, 2009 | 4:43 AM

I can't express how bad i feel inside cos of the death of Michael Jackson, i luvd him from my childhood... Dis is one person d world will miss, i sure will miss him. He'll forever be in our hearts for he lives through his music... Rest in peace Michael.