Michael Jackson Dead: Heart Failure

It's true: "King of Pop" Michael Jackson died suddenly after suffering cardiac arrest on Thursday, June 25 in Los Angeles.

Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Stay tuned to this page for regular updates about the death of the legendary Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson dead 1958-2009

Michael Jackson dies: What we know so far

Only 50 years old, longtime music legend Michael Jackson has died. Here's how the story began.

Jackson memorial videos

Michael Jackson memorial videos

The July 7 tribute to Michael Jackson produced some memorable moments. Here are the performances that musically moved millions.

Michael Jackson memorial replay

Michael Jackson memorial replay

Miss the Michael Jackson memorial? Watch the Michael Jackson memorial replay here on SheKnows.

Celebrities at Jackson memorial

Celebrities at Jackson memorial

The Staples Center was ready for thousands of Michael Jackson fans and A-list celebrities, all gathered to salute the King of Pop.

Jackson memorial recap

Jackson memorial recap

Michael Jackson's July 7 memorial servics opened with Smokey Robinson reading condolence letters from Diana Ross and Nelson Mandela...

Michael Jackson remembered

Michael Jackson dead: Remembering a legend

Michael Jackson dies after suffering a sudden cardiac arrest in his California home. The King of Pop's death is a shock - both unexpected and untimely.

Michael Jackson's will information

Michael Jackson's will information

Details of Michael Jackson's will surface -- and his mother is denied the chance to be executor of the document.

Michael Jackson memorial service

Michael Jackson memorial

Over a week has passed since the King of Pop's death, and Michael Jackson's memorial service has been set.

Michael Jackson's 10 greatest videos

Michael Jackson's 10 greatest videos

Through his music, the legend of Michael Jackson will live on for eons.

Michael Jackson's will is found: leaves everything to mother

Michael Jackson's will is found: leaves everything to mother

Michael Jackson's will was filed in a Los Angeles court July 1 -- leaving everything to a family trust, and excluding ex-wife Debbie Rowe.

Michael Jackson tour issues refund

Michael Jackson tour issues refund

Now that Michael Jackson has died, what happens to the ticket buyers who spent more than $90 million to see Jackson's 50-performance tour overseas?

Fans react to Michael Jackson's death

Fans react to Michael Jackson's death

The fans of Michael Jackson have been crying for almost a week over Jackson's death. As the memorials are beginning to get going across the world that outpouring of emotion has been nothing short of earth-shattering.

Lisa Marie Presley statement on Michael Jackson death

Lisa Marie Presley statement on Michael Jackson death

Lisa Marie Presley, the ex-wife of Michael Jackson, has spoken out about her former husband's death.

Janet Jackson speaks at June 28th BET Awards

Janet Jackson speaks at June 28th BET Awards

Janet Jackson spoke about the death of her brother, Michael Jackson, at the 2009 BET Awards.

American Idol salutes Michael Jackson

American Idol salutes Michael Jackson

American Idol paid tribute to Michael Jackson on TV by repeating the top 13 performing the Michael Jackson songbook.

Michael Jackson's 10 greatest videos

Michael Jackson's 10 greatest videos

Through his music, the legend of Michael Jackson will live on for eons.

Jackson kids battle looms

Jackson kids & estate battle looms

The mother of Michael Jackson asked an LA court to allow her to administer his estate and take custody of the late singer’s three children.

Michael Jackson's kids: Who gets custody?

Michael Jackson's kids: Who gets custody?

The shocking death of Michael Jackson leaves many questions in its wake, including who gets custody of the singer's three children.

Michael Jackson: Death perspective

Michael Jackson: Death perspective

The fact that Michael Jackson died should be put in perspective. Michael Jackson dead is the death of Elvis, plus the assassination of John Lennon, divided by the suicide of Kurt Cobain: monumental, shocking and crushing.

Jackson death sparks fake celebrity obits

Jackson death sparks fake celebrity obits

Jeff Goldbum is not dead. The words are haunting considering the death of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. But, the 56-year-old actor is very much alive - and so are others who were reported deceased on June 25.

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett die

UCLA Medical Center Statement on Michael Jackson

Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where Michael Jackson died on June 25, released this statement a few hours after the star's death.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Michael Jackson dies: Jackson's entertainment hits

As the news of Michael Jackson's death due to heart failure shoots across the world, SheKnows takes a look at some of the singer's greatest moments.

10 Michael Jackson performance videos

10 Michael Jackson performance videos

See Michael Jackson on stage and on the street, performing several of his songs, from the days of the Jackson 5 through the recent past.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Photo Gallery: Tribute to Michael Jackson Gallery

In the wake of Michael Jackson's sudden demise, we look back at his life in this photo tribute

Michael Jackson's albums

Photo Gallery: Michael Jackson's Most Famous Albums Gallery

From the iconic Thriller cover to his work with the Jackson 5, we revisit some of Michael Jackson's musical releases.

Hollywood reacts to the sudden loss of Michael Jackson

Hollywood reacts to the sudden loss of Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson's death has celebrities speaking out. Merely hours after Jackson died at a the UCLA Ronald Reagan hospital, devastated stars are emotional.

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett die

Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson dead: two icons, one day

What are the odds? The world loses two entertainment icons in just one day.

On the boards: Where were you when you heard the news of Michael Jackson's death?

Tell us your memories of Michael Jackson

Did you learn the moonwalk? Dance to one of his songs at your wedding? Tell us about your best memories of Michael Jackson and his music by leaving a comment below!

Comments

Comments on "Michael Jackson dead"

jaybird November 14, 2010 | 10:15 AM

he was a child molester, i wish they all die, riot in pieces now tht our kids are safe

debra ware July 12, 2009 | 3:23 PM

I remember Michael very well. I grew with and his family not personal but on TV. The Jackson Five in everybody home. I miss very much. When he first died I just cried my heart out. My kids looking at me like mom you didn't know him. But I did know him. I remember him and his brothers on the Ed Sullivan show Apollo and American Bandstands. That was long time ago.Michael Jackson is like our Elvis Prestly. He will be missed. Love him and his family.

Chrissy Muffuletto July 09, 2009 | 4:09 AM

Everything Michael did was memorable. Some people didn't like a lot of it, but that doesn't matter. Michael was a man in the mirror looking at his world making changes and doing his best to make a difference. RIP Michael. Now you will see how many people truly loved you, myself included.

jackie July 07, 2009 | 9:23 AM

michael jackson was the man of pop. OMG HE REALLY IS THE KING OF POP. HIS SONGS R THE BEST THING ALIVE I JUSS CAN NOT STOP SINING HIS SONGS. R.I.P LOVE U FOREVER.

Hannah July 06, 2009 | 4:04 PM

I can't believe he's dead!!! Do you think he wanted to die because he died $400,000,000 in debt???

angee205 July 05, 2009 | 3:35 PM

i just heard on tv that one caller said that elvis was and always will be the king of rock and roll, well yes he will but Micheal was the King of Pop, and always will be. Elvis and the Beatles have not been inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice(2), once with his brothers and once by himself. Don't hate!!!!! Elvis and the beatles did not pave the way for micheal, micheal reached people all over the world. Elvis touched just the white people and so did the beatles, micheal is worldwide nobody can touch micheal. RIP MJJ

lynns888 July 03, 2009 | 2:42 AM

Its sad that I forgot how much I really loved his songs until he was gone. He is such an interesting perrson. I feel sad that I will never be aable to see him ever again. I had my chances before but I never thought aabout going to see him. It makes me think about other things......... maybe I could lose an older brother of mine who is not in the best of health. he doesn't take care of himselp and is not well. I can lose my dad anytime because he is 79...... life can be over at anytime for anyone. i will try to treat them better and to spend more time with them. God be with you, Michael. Thank you for bringing so much joy and excitement to my life. You are really gifted. You were the victim of people's greed. I am glad you will not have to suffer anymore. Be happy in heaven.

Lisette June 30, 2009 | 11:14 AM

Michael Was a very interesting person,very Shy,and inocent ,a warm and loving Man. He saw inocence and wonder ,and love, all that is good in Children,as they are not poisend by othere,s views yet,just genuinally fun. He was a genius with his music, and could imagine what to do, for a vidio with each song. He danced like no other, even surpased his favorite Dancer Fred Estair. His Fans were his life. He will be Saddly missed

Tina June 30, 2009 | 6:36 AM

Micheal Jackson is a wonderful artist. People can say what they want about him, but they should take a look at his life as a child and listen to his music :) R.I.P. 06-25-09.

Jermaine(J) June 29, 2009 | 9:44 AM

My name is Jermaine and I just want to say to his family that am sure Michael Jackson is looking over you. I hope that his kids stay with the family that they knew all their live, Janet Jackson should take care of them. Michael was and will always be a prodigy in music and dance, none else will ever be what michael was. His music touch my heart so deeply, it was like feeling what he felt in his songs the moment he wrote them. He is an icon that will trancends death, his music will live on in his die heart fans, the ones who belive in him through his troubles when he was alive and even in death. I am proud to say that I am one. Michael we will miss you more than words can say, we love you, I love you. May you finally have the peace that you search for in life and the respect that some failed to give you. To his family May god bless you through your time of sorrow. You have his fans surport and prays. God bless Michael Jackson and his entier family.

monica June 27, 2009 | 7:30 PM

R I P M.J. will miss u your n god hands your true father never forsake u god call a special angel home on 6 25 09

Rachel June 27, 2009 | 1:01 PM

I saw him perform in Buffalo (Orchard Park) NY in July 1984..It was electifying..I wish I had pictures of that but that day cames back to me today..RIP

findbetterwork.com June 27, 2009 | 8:30 AM

It’s very sad, I think of his family first and his children. So many lives are affected by this one person who brought joy into many peoples lives.

LERRY June 27, 2009 | 5:39 AM

My Name is Lerry, i am 19Year old Living in Nigeria.Well to the death of Michael Jackson, He is a great singer and i love him so much..he as been my best favorite artist..and my advice goes to Janet Jackson that she should take heart. May the soul Of Micheal Jackson Rest in Peace..Amen. I feel as if i am lost without him ..i adore is loving music titled Speechless. Micheal I Love you.RIP

pat June 26, 2009 | 5:11 PM

I am deeply sadden by the death of Michael Jackson. My prayers to the JACKSON FAMILY. In the words of Michael himself......................GONE 2 SOON

Arlene June 26, 2009 | 12:23 PM

Things happen sometime in life for a reason. I believe Michael Jackson is in heaven performing at his best with Elvis and every great entertainer who has left this world. God bless his family at this sorrowful time. God has given them a great gift to be blessed with and to remember always. May you rest in peace. You have given others so much joy.

Anna June 26, 2009 | 9:37 AM

I'm seriously still in shock that Michael Jackson is dead. I remember trying to learn the dance from Thrilled in my nightgown in front of my bedroom mirror before going to bed when I was young. wow.

Chelsea June 26, 2009 | 9:35 AM

he'll be so missed. I have so many great memories of him growing up.

piperbringham June 26, 2009 | 9:00 AM

ohhh how saaaad IM PIPER HES IN HEAVEN AND OH WOW VERY TRAGIC NEVER NVERLAND SOOOO GRACEFULL DID HE HAVE TO DIE??? TALENTED LOVING CHARITY PIPER HAS SPEECHPROBLEM HES IN HEAVEN ISNT HE????????:o:(:(:(:( OFF TO NVERE NVERLAND HUSH LITTLE BABY EXCESS LIFE PLEASE BE KIND IN YOUR HEAD TTOOOO SAAD IM PRETTY FOR ANYONE 5'1'' SLENDER BROWN HAIR BROWNEYES SOOOO TRAGIC LOSS HE S N ANGEL FLYING IN HEAVEN AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LUV PIPER IM CHRISTIAN

Markita June 26, 2009 | 8:33 AM

MICHEAL JACKSON WILL BE HIGHLY MISSED,BUT WHAT HURTS ME THE MOST IS THE FACT THAT HE WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH WHAT HE WANTED THE MOST AND THAT WAS " HIS CHILD HOOD BACK " THE WORLD WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHO HE REALLY WAS " A CHILD TRAPPED IN A GROWN MANS BODY. MY PRAYER GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND CHILDREN " GOD BLESS . PS. JUST LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDERS HONEY " AND I'LL BE THERE. LOVE ALWAYS , MARKITA