Friends Film?

On the heels of "Sex and the City: The Movie" and its gargantuan success, there's talk of a Friends movie in the works. It's not like we had any doubts!

Listen up! The gang may reunite for a filmThat's right, we think the gang from Central Perk will be there for you -- for a price tag, of course -- in theaters in around 2010.

Since Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox Arquette both have their own production companies, rumors are flying to see if perhaps they'll have more creative control than others and can get the film made.

If "Sex and the City" can achieve further greatness on the big screen, given the six main character and the rich story archive of "Friends," a movie could prove fruitful for the friends to say the least.

All we know is it would be refreshing to see them on screen -- but other than the slapstick comedy, can they really fill about 90 minutes of screen time?

Potentially...yes!

Recent entertainment features

The stars of My Boys dish on dating
Leighton Meester: the SheKnows interview
The ladies of Sex and the City give SheKnows a piece of their mind

Comments

Comments on "Is a 'Friends' movie in the works?"

Ernst September 07, 2008 | 4:07 AM

Yes!! a movie would be GREAT!! we love these six actors here in Norway!! Please come back, all of you in Friends!!

WAHAB August 23, 2008 | 8:33 AM

FRIENDS WAS ONLY HI CUZ MY NIGA JOEY "HOW U DOIN" HE ROCKED IT!

Hannah August 20, 2008 | 8:39 AM

i say , u make the film friends is amazinng and the film would be as well they would be doing somethingg excellent if they did !

JayJay August 10, 2008 | 6:55 PM

I really think that a movie would be amazing for Friends! This has been my favorite tv show since 6th grade (about 4 years running), and i think this will only increase the cast's popularity. So please please PLEASE make a movie out of it!

Tahe August 01, 2008 | 2:26 AM

I have seen infect own all the season wiht me but i wana know that after the 10th season did the 11th one come??? plz reply guys...

natiko July 16, 2008 | 8:17 PM

i love the frnds show.....i would love to c them bak again.....realy miss that show....

sufiyan July 12, 2008 | 10:22 AM

iv'e watched each and every frnds episode..hope to see a new one soon :)

Tamara July 12, 2008 | 8:02 AM

That would be great .....i watch these the serials of them and I can't stop laughing.... I loved them so much....

Safa July 09, 2008 | 11:54 PM

well Jennifer, if u choose not to do it coz as u said "its a step back in ur career" then ur just wrong the show got u where u r now...n ppl all over the world will def watch this movie...sooo just do ittttt woman!!!!

preston July 08, 2008 | 9:27 AM

it kinda disappoints me that she would regard this great show that she was a part of for a decade, the show that MADE her, as a red headed step child... I personally haven't liked her in any role since I've seen her play since friends

Keelan July 08, 2008 | 7:13 AM

Jennifer, you must do this, this will only help blossom your career not take it a step back, half the people in the world would see this movie on the day of the realease, please help to make this rumour reality!

Mino July 08, 2008 | 6:39 AM

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ jennifer dont blow it up... playing Rachel Green wont take u a step back in ur career..I LOVE FRIENDS!

Rami July 08, 2008 | 1:38 AM

F.R.I.E.N.D.S is SUPERB! Best show anyone can think of. I have the show on DVDs, got the whole set, I can watch it forever :) I think the movie will blow everyone's mind AGAIN! Hope none of the characters change cause it will just not fit :( Good luck and hope to see the show on the BIG SCREEN!

jenni July 07, 2008 | 1:40 PM

Friends is the funniest programme show I've never seen!!!!

zucchero July 07, 2008 | 11:08 AM

"Friends" Movie! Great news, hope to see everyone on the set. Jennifer the movie will not be the same without you and any other one that will not want to participate. Interesting, what the story will be? Love the show and I still watch it even though I have watched the series over and over. I can’t stop it; you never get bored by watching the show. Fantastic, love you all Chandler, Joe, Fibi, Monika, Ross, Jennifer. Can’t wait… Staten Island, NY

Isli July 07, 2008 | 10:55 AM

C'mon...we want to see FRIENDS on the big screen..........................Friends Friends Friends Friends Friends .........luv ya

ozy July 07, 2008 | 10:44 AM

if it goes on i swear m gonna work hard 4 tis movie!! givin ma best efforts for tis !! and gonna feel very proudy if m gonna be a tiniest character of d movie !! Ozy

Stephen Thompson July 07, 2008 | 8:34 AM

Friends is the greatest show on T.V. If they were to make a Friends movie, it would blow the and the City movie out of the water. Matthew Perry (Chandler) is the funniest person on Friends. Hope they make a movie, Its The Greatest Show EVER!!!!!!!

Renee July 07, 2008 | 4:51 AM

I love friends! Im so addicted..I still watch it on foxtell even tho I hv almost every season on Dvd (bar the first 3 seasons)! I would love to see a movie on it...& Rachael Green is my fav character cause she's played by Jennifer Aniston..it just wouldnt be the same without her!

Laura July 07, 2008 | 4:08 AM

Heyy my mum and dad hate friends but i love it so much i watch it every day on e4 from 5 til 6pm evry day bring on the friends movie it would be such a ****ing laugh x