The Other Woman

Shania Twain and her soon-to-be ex-husband, music producer Mutt Lange, are finally producing some divorce drama. After days of no news after the initial split shocked the entertainment world, details are emerging.

Shania Twain is understandably upset

The couple split in May after 14 years of marriage and rumors have been flying that the cause was a good friend of Shania Twain's.

Another woman is why this marriage became a love triangle. Shania's longtime assistant and close friend, Marie Ann Thiebaud, has allegedly taken her guy.

The 37-year-old made statements to People magazine disputing reports that she caused the break up of the marriage of "a dear friend."

Sources close to the situation have been vehement about the reason for Shania Twain and Mutt Lange's split…infidelity.

Like a bad country song, Twain and Lange head toward divorce court to settle their estate split and the future of their 6-year-old son, Eja.

Lange is best known as the producer behind the massive hits of his ex wife, as well as Def Leppard and Bon Jovi.

More celebrity couple news

Comments

Comments on "Shania Twain divorce details emerging"

Alberto March 01, 2012 | 6:22 PM

I don't know this story and I'm so sad for them. I so that Shania is a wonderful flower in this dark world and without love! God Bless to you Shania........forever and ever....... Ciao

Sunny James August 02, 2011 | 9:24 AM

I wish both parties the best & hope they both love & raise their son & remember looks aren't everything

gail June 27, 2011 | 6:18 PM

Dear Shania,I just watched your film you made on your journey on getting your voice back and facing your fears,I admire you for picking yourself up and getting back on that stage where you belong!!!You are loved by so many you are such a great example for so many women!god bless you and i can"t wait to see you in vegas!Gail from New York

Thimothy June 05, 2011 | 10:14 PM

We love you too much and have a great weekend

Dave May 13, 2011 | 11:03 AM

Good-looking gal with mediocre talent. I feel bad for her (Mutt is a dipstick), but the music industry will not miss her. Move on, Shania, find a new niche in life.

Shania Tucker April 18, 2011 | 2:56 PM

Shania is the most amazing woman in the world, i have been listening to her voice literally all my life, she's always been one of my idols and i love her immensly. Mutt is an idiot, i dont know him personally, but what other sane or clever person would cheat on Shania Twain? it just shocks me in all honesty, she's amazing and with his ugly mug he will never get someone that beautiful again, good luck trying mutt :) oh and btw Shania&Frederic for ever

Eddie January 10, 2011 | 12:48 PM

Shania Twain is a very beautiful, y lady. She can sing, and she can perform. Mutt Lange is a talented music producer with a proven track record for producing some wonderful music. That's pretty much all I know and I would surmise that is all anyone who has posted a message here knows. I will withhold my personal opinion of who did what in the marriage. Both artists benefited from the union. Other than that everything else is speculation. Do you personally know Shania or Mutt? Do you know why Mutt strayed? Only he knows that. Do you know why Shania attended award ceremonies alone? I doubt it. Only she knows that. I find it interesting that we, the public, have no problem writing something negative about a public person online. Would you say it to their face? Do you know all of the facts? I don't, and I doubt anyone but those closest to Shania and Mutt know. So, I wish the best to both of them. May they each learn something from this experience, and may they each be comforted.

Lilly January 08, 2011 | 2:24 PM

he is so stupid he will never get anything better than her she is awsome and he was unpopular until he married her.

Diana January 03, 2011 | 5:12 PM

Mutt really messed up big time. Not only is Shania more easy on the eyes than this other woman but lets look a bit deeper since beauty is NOT everything... Mutt is now involved with a woman who worked for both him and Shania for years as an assistant and care taker of their homes. Shania is said to have been a very close friend if not a best friend of this womans. Wow... Mutt really traded down -this other woman is not loyal, trust worthy or a true friend. Mutt is going to realize sooner or maybe later he made a huge mistake. Let's just hope Shania can find some happiness and also that Mutt doesn't realize his mistake until later... when this other woman puts him through the ringer and when karma comes around and bites him in the A$$. Hang in there Shania you are a much better person than that.

Nancy Lee November 27, 2010 | 5:18 PM

You go girl! You are loved by so many! This too shall pass.

kat November 03, 2010 | 7:02 AM

To: timmins twain. Are you kidding? Shania worked really hard to get to where she is, basically from the bottom. Only until she got very far on her own, she got a little help from Matt. Everyone needs help at least once. I'm sure you get help from people. Also, she has a very beautiful voice. It may not be as strong and loud as Mariah Careys, but it's natural, consistant and emotional.

constablejim September 22, 2010 | 10:17 PM

I could listen to Shaina Sing or talk all night.

constablejim September 22, 2010 | 10:15 PM

The most Beautiful woman alive. Im going to write a song called "MAN WHAT A WOMAN" to go along with her song , "MAN I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN" if she is looking for a new Bow Im the one . A police constable in the USA. jimconstable43@yahoo

ayoola August 23, 2010 | 8:47 AM

Hi Shania, u are an angel, u may not know it. Hold on to God and be srong, we share ur feelings, ur music is so emotional 4 me and in the the end u'll end up well.

Ik July 10, 2010 | 2:15 PM

I am available for Shania if she's interested.

et June 13, 2010 | 5:10 PM

I thought it all a bit strange when he didnt accompany her to awards nights and kept out of the spotlight all together. 95% of all pics were of her alone. I understand she toured alone too. What sort of foundations for a marriage is that? Shania is brilliant, she will come back. Would like her to come back to Australia too because we all miss her.......its been 11 YEARS girl!!!! :o)

BH June 09, 2010 | 5:43 PM

A woman with her strength and talent can always move on. Remember nothing in life is permanent. She will always be the queen of country music.

# 22 MOM June 08, 2010 | 10:20 AM

My daughter started listening and singing Shania when she was only 4 years old. She has been a real hero to my child. I believe Shania is a strong person she will end up better off than before. I really can't wait until she tours again so I can make a dream come true for my daughter who is now 15. I wish her all the best and MUTT------You lost a beautiful person. the other woman lost a friend. HOW SAD!!

FrYrEyesOnly May 25, 2010 | 12:59 PM

Some people that have commented on here need to move to another planet.If you have nothing nice to say, then do not write it here. Grow up you pick on people- people. Shania Twain is more then a someone way more then the that MUTT we all thought she had married and shouldn't have. He didnt care about her at all, he was using her and her voice and controlling many situations. He should be shut down. He will pay a price some day, he did more then just this wrong we will here. Hiding his paranoid self, pretending to be innocent is going to do this person no good. It appears he had other motives in mind, to go and do as he did. Sad mess he created for his son, his name and if this was my brother or relative yes I'd be dragging him kicking screaming from the closet he hides in. Sorry people in seeing Shania attend most events alone, in seeing her have to miss out on what a real relationship is...Im glad she is almost finished with that MUTT of a dog- she was sucked into believing him doing what he wanted -and really should have been with a better manager then that -deserved someone who would be with her any where at any time someone who cared about her completely not just when his mood allowed him. Mutt better just move on into a closet some where with someone else he has done worse then others we have heard of in the news. I'd be ashamed of him being my father...wouldn't you?

timmins twain May 18, 2010 | 3:09 AM

I think her carefully crafted image, mediocre voice and false marriage have shown themselves in a true light. I hear she cant sing anymore, maybe an octave or two, nothing more, she's got no new material, and no superstar producer. So where does that leave poor lyin shania?. Exactly where she deserves to be!. Exposed for the fraud she is!. Karma is a