Jail Time
For Hulk's Son

Nick Hogan was shipped off to jail this weekend for eight months after pleading "no contest" to felony reckless driving charges.

Hulks son heads to jail for eight monthsThe son of WWE wrestler Hulk Hogan, and whose real name is Nick Bollea, was driving when a car crash left his passenger, family friend and former Marine John Graziano, in critical condition.

Graziano will need nursing home care for the rest of his life after having a portion of his brain removed.

"I would like to apologize to the Grazianos and to my family for the accident. Every single day I think about the accident and about John," Bollea said in court.

In addition to his eight months in jail, Nick was sentenced to five years' probation, 500 hours of community service and will have his driver's license revoked for three years.

As his sister Brooke Hogan has made a name for herself in the entertainment business, her brother has become notorious for breaking the law.

Nick, 17, tested positive for alcohol several hours after the accident. Police estimate the car was traveling around 100 miles per hour when it careened off the road and into a tree.

The teen had previously been cited multiple times for excessive speeding.

Comments

Comments on "Nick Hogan heads to jail"

v_e_99 October 25, 2008 | 2:23 PM

well I think everybody ,makes mistakes and nick did not do this on purpose they were BOTH doing what every other kid there age does...I'm sure thinks about his friend everyminute if the day we are not to judge anybody yeah hes got the good life but its like everybody says accidents happen they dont get planned I'm sorry but they should of just been a little bit more responsible if they were going to be drinking.

its me! August 12, 2008 | 8:30 AM

eight months>? is anyone else thinking 8 years?? never give him his lisence back and make sure he never drinks again!!! the hulk family is just sick!!!! i was never a fan of any of them!

Dickey Deuce June 10, 2008 | 6:29 PM

There should've been NO reason why we heard about him whining in prison. I'm pretty sure I would be whining about it also, BUT since I'm not a big star it would've never been released and it would've never made it to the public eye. I think we should release all tapes about conversations in prison between people so that we can really see how many people are complaining about their situations they face everyday. This whole situation sucks if he is a big star or if he isn't. Fact is, THIS kind of stuff happens all the time. Someone gets injured in an accident due to negligence just because these are famous people, rich kids, having a silver spoon. Thankfully they are so they can help out in the ways they have, and they have the money to be able to pay his hospital expenses and not the family themselves. Just think if they WEREN'T stinking rich? Pray for all of the families effected in this and so many other horrible accidents like this one that happen around america, and stop thinking that the solution is shooting all the rich spoiled kids. I know someone else who had that same idea about getting rid of a certain type of people....Look how that came out.

whateva June 02, 2008 | 7:15 PM

are you kidding me..he wants out after 1 month..the whiny brat...and because of who his parents are watch it happen..rediculous...nancy grace is awesome..love her..listen to what she says...he is crying and whining about missing the beach and boat ??? ya and im sure john is missing all those things also thanks to nick...and hulk has the nerve to blame john for not wearing his seat belt..perhaps it would def have helped but....it wouldnt have stopped nick from speeding...again..look at his record!!! if he is released and his sentenced changed it just will show what money and fame can actually do.....he didnt go to trial he chose this punishment..take it like a man nick...

quig May 28, 2008 | 1:35 PM

I think he should get the full amount of time everyone else would. This is not right for a person to get only eight months and 500 hours of community service. Just like Jess Says, "Just A Little Dab, Thats All You Need"

Teraisa J. Rogers May 15, 2008 | 1:26 AM

This has nothing to do with being rich or having your actual parents around and involved your entire life. ANYONE can make a bad judgment to change a life. John's life is so very important and this stinks. But it's not like Nick planned to do this. The majority of people make decisions they regret all life long, and most are lucky, their decisions do not devastate the way this will for life. Every once in a while, though, here comes someone who gets in a car with someone who shouldn't have been driving, much less drinking and the worst happened. I thank God they ran into what looked like a pole, rather than a car full of a family. Do you mind letting me know privately where the documents are about his breaking the law other than this time? I thought the judge said Nick has no previous record of any kind? I'm looking into the public records, but if you have them, that'd save a lot of time. Pray for John and his family. No pain can be worse than being helpless or for knowing it was something that could have been avoided easily. I'm sure they were both out for a good time, maybe even to help John feel "good" after courageously serving our country. Pray for the Bollea/ Hogan family, their pain will be endless as well. Yes, they get to hug their son and he'll be able to understand them the rest of his life and go on... but anyone who really thinks there is only one victim, is plain wrong. You can make a bad mistake and be a victim. Accidents aren't planned. When the Hogans say their life is ruined, they are NOT saying they have it worse or not compared to John's family, they are just saying life will never be the same and will always suck. And it will. I wonder, if the Hogan family did NOT come out and say they were truly sorry and that they were going to be struggling... would you wonder if they were stuck up and think they are above the law? They can't win because morally, it's wrong, physically, it's the end of what could have been a wonderful life, but guess what? The next graduating class will be drinking and driving soon, which means wreckless driving, of course, and there will be hundreds of fatalities. Perhaps, Nick can use his celebrity and stop that from happening. If he saves one other person's life, it will be worth it (not worth what happened to John, but worth trying). Prayers to all families from my family. It'd be awesome for a miracle to happen and John lives up to his strong life and somehow gets better and becomes an even better person than he already was. I'd love to hear what Dr. Drew and Ricco Rodriguez has to say on this situation. Teraisa

hard worker May 14, 2008 | 6:31 PM

freakin rich kids. I think every rich person in this country needs to be shot!!! if that would have been me i woulda got life. BUT THANK GOD I WASNT BORN WITH A SILVER SPOON IN MY HAND. LINDA SHOULD HAVE POPED HET FAKE TITS OUT OF HIS MOUTH BEFORE HE TURNED 17. MAYBE HE WOULDA LEARNED

Shocked May 13, 2008 | 12:08 PM

Eight months! Is that it? He should have to stay in jail until Graziano can take care of himself or passes on.