It's Twilight Time

"Twilight" is much more than a novel. Stephenie Meyer's brilliant book about a teenage vampire and his human lady love has become a phenomenon.

Keep your cool kids, the legend has arrived!Now the trailer from the film that millions are anticipating with heartbeats racing has arrived and SheKnows has it!

Stephenie Meyer's first foray into film also has its one-sheet poster debut late Friday (pictured at right).

Let the discussion begin about this cultural craziness that is "Twilight" and the upcoming movie this December.

After the book's two super-successful sequels -- "New Moon" and "Eclipse" -- the sensation of "Twilight" was too hard for Hollywood to resist.

A script was written, unknown actors were cast and the buzz began. A legion of fans began an Internet-wide discussion about the film as each rumor and piece of information was dissected.

Fans produced their own trailers, witness YouTube, search for "Twilight" trailers and you'll see the point.

These fans are feverish and rightfully so, Meyer's prose is compelling, lightning-fast and chilling.

Not since Harry Potter waved his wand has the teen fiction genre had a following as passionate. And, mirroring Harry Potter, "Twilight," is geared towards teens but is so fantastically written, it is compelling to readers regardless of age.

Stephenie Meyer's "The Host" arrived in bookstores last week.

Visit SheKnows May 23 to read our interview with the "Twilight" author herself, Stephenie Meyer. She discusses her new adult-geared literary work, "The Host," and the anticipation and fervor she has captured with a tale of love through extraordinary circumstances in "Twilight."

Dim the lights and grab the kids, the "Twilight" trailer is here!

Comments

Comments on "Twilight trailer is finally here"

Sanguina June 05, 2008 | 1:52 PM

Thank you for mentioning the broad age range these books appeal to. I am a member of TwilightMoms, a fansite for over 25s, and I can assure you Stephenie has definitely sucked us all in. I read the Twilight Saga with my husband (after I had read it a ridiculous amount of times myself) and he actually ASKED me to wait to read The Host until we could read it together. We are enjoying it thoroughly. I very much look forward to you interview with Stephenie, thank you for your inspired article, you 'get it' in a way many do not.

Mary Alice May 12, 2008 | 6:12 PM

I have never read the book twilight, and yet, i feel as excited as the other fans (maybe just not as much, i mean, i still need to read the books here people!) but, i know i will love them! This article made me so motivated, and i believe it captured the essence of the story. I have heard alot about these books, and i wanted to get some information. By the looks of it, this book is supposed to be FANTASTIC! and i believe it will be. Even if i wasn't going to read the books, i still would want to see it because the trailer looks AWESOM! and someone said that one of the main character's name is mary alice! woop woop!

bre May 12, 2008 | 3:11 PM

i can't wait for this movie that should be awsome because they picked great actors for this movie. and whats even better is that they didn't pick actor who every one knows about so people dont just go to this movie because their favoret actor or actress is in that movie. and from what i am seeing from the trailer they did great. they also picked a very hot actor to play edward and picked a pretty actress to play bella i can not wait to see this movie

covenof5 May 12, 2008 | 9:29 AM

Also a member of the Twilightmoms site, I too am glad when someone reviewing the books and talking about the movie sees that it has reached all generations, not just the young adult demographic. The story is a modern day Romeo and Juliette and therefore has a timeless feel to it despite the vampire and werewolves aspect of the story. It is the LOVE story in it that is timeless and compelling. I can't wait to read your interview with Stephenie. :)

debbie-dub May 12, 2008 | 8:14 AM

Thank you for your article. As a part of TwilightMoms, I appreciate that you can see the books/movie as being a timeless, ageless story that is compelling to many demographics - young, not so young, boys and girls. I am reading The Host now and so far it is griping and deep. You know a book is good if you get mad at interruptions that take you away from reading. That is how I felt reading the Twilight Saga and that is how I feel now reading The Host. I think Stephenie Meyer has another blockbuster on her hands! I look forward to your interview with Steph. Thanks again, keep up the good reporting!

Karen May 12, 2008 | 7:51 AM

Stephenie Meyer is my idol when it comes to writing! The way she writes just makes you honestly believe that you are right next to Bellas as she experiences her first encounter with Edward and every single scene from there on. I can't wait til Breaking Dawn Comes out!! I am so excited because I am sure Stephenie threw in twist and turns to make us fall off ourseats as we read! I just began to read the host and i am already loving it. She is an AMAZING writer and cannot wait to get more from her!! I love you Stephenie Meyer!!!

cullengirl1 May 12, 2008 | 5:40 AM

What a great article. I think you have captured the feeling the twilighters have about these books better than anyone else who has written about it lately. I would just like to add that I think the actors who have been cast in the movie have been so sincere in trying to portray the excitement and emotion of the story. I am so excited to see the movie. Also, I would just like to say that Robert Pattinson is absolutely breathtaking as Edward Cullen!

mary grundman May 11, 2008 | 5:55 PM

oh my lord... i want to be in new moon so badly! Stephanie Meyer- if you see this i really would like to audititon or new moon as jane i have a lot of theater experience and im sure i would be great in the role you can find me on facebook under Mary Dody

Priscilla May 11, 2008 | 4:36 PM

Twilight is my life. Honestly. The books, the movie, and the excitement is just so amazing that I just can't seem to "un-addict" myself. The essence of the books just sweeps you off your feet into this crazy and addicting world of vampires and werewolves, but ultimately love. Bella and Edward are extraordinary characters, and their love is so deep that the readers feel it themselves. Reading Twilight is like falling in love, and that's why it's such a huge phenomenon. I've been a huge fan since last October, and I don't see anything stopping me from being a Twilighter forever. I simply CAN'T wait till Breaking Dawn in August, and I don't think I'll survive watching the movie all the way through. Paper bags are always handy by my computer in case they release more breathtaking stuff (which is frequently)... Let's just say that this poster and trailer were almost the last things I saw. You can watch my reaction on YouTube here: http://youtube/watch?v=8h7zMAb7ATU And, as your talking to Stephenie Meyer soon, please let her know that she is the most amazing and cherished woman in this world. Her books are my escape from reality. I can lose myself in them, and it's not just Twilight. I finished The Host yesterday, and... wow. It was absolutely astonishing. I cried at the end, which isn't something that easily occurs. I highly recommend The Host to EVERYONE. Stephenie, you're a sheer genius. I don't know what I'd do without you (well, your books/imagination). :]