The Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey and Aaron Yoo starring 21 withstood some serious competition from George Clooney's latest directorial-starring picture and Jodie Foster's return to family friendly film fare.
Clooney's Leatherheads was promoted heavily and just missed the mark finishing second with its $13.5 million. 21 got dealt a little better hand, adding another $15.1 million to its already piling high chips. It's two-week total is $45.5 million. Jodie Foster returned to the film genre that gave the actress her start and her film Nim's Island finished third earning $13.3 million in a very tight race.
The difference between the first and third place films was a tiny $1.8 million.
Looks like that summer heat is beginning at the box office.
1. 21, $15.1 million
2. Leatherheads, $13.5 million
3. Nim's Island, $13.3 million
4. Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!, $9.1 million
5. The Ruins, $7.8 million
6. Superhero Movie, $5.4 million
7. Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns, $3.5 million
8. Drillbit Taylor, $3.5 million
9. Shutter, $2.9 million
10. 10,000 B.C., $2.8 million
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!