Why Tom Wasn't Right For Her

Nicole Kidman is finally revealing what caused the demise of her marriage to Tom Cruise.

Nicole KidmanA normally reticent Nicole Kidman has spilled the beans to Vanity Fair about details of her former marriage to Tom Cruise, including two sad tales of miscarriage.

Nicole says that she got pregnant quickly after marrying Cruise, at the age of 23, but lost the baby soon after. "From the minute Tom and I were married, I wanted to have babies," she said. "And we lost a baby early on, so that was really very traumatic. And that's when it came that we would adopt Bella." Nicole and Tom went on to adopt another child, their son Connor.

But that wasn't the only tragic loss the star suffered. In March 2001 she suffered another miscarriage, a month after she filed for divorce from Cruise. Weird. You know she got pregnant with a real baby instead of a robo Scientology baby and Cruise got mad and left her, then the stress caused her to miscarry. Murderous Tom Cruise. Run, Katie!

Nicole then goes on to say that she desperately wants a biological baby with new hubby Keith Urban, and that he's slowly coming around. "I'm yearning to have one. I think I would be very sad if I wasn't able to have a baby. Keith knows I want one, and he has been getting there slowly." Well tick-tock, Urban. That chicken ain't gettin' any younger. Botox can freeze her face but it can't freeze her biological clock.

ReLATED ARTICLES:

Nicole Kidman: Why I decided to have my baby via surrogate

Why Nicole Kidman kept her baby a secret

Keith Urban talks cocaine addiction

Comments

Comments on "Nicole Kidman spills the beans on marriage and divorce to Tom Cruise"

Sugar March 25, 2013 | 12:44 AM

It is true the 2nd miscarriage wasnt Tom baby Nicole ran around on Tom all the time she was married to him. Nicole Kidman is a very self center person.

Rik July 14, 2012 | 1:26 AM

There's a few reasons why these women leave Tom Cruise. Without a doubt the big reason is Scientology. The another is I suspect is he's extremely controlling. It's interesting the recent split has been settled almost too quickly. I'm guessing Katie Holmes had some very heavy stuff on Cruise for him to give up so easily. There's something he doesn't want let out to the public. . .Hmmm, what could that be?

mike June 29, 2012 | 3:23 PM

tom cruise is an a@@. what more is there to say

c June 29, 2012 | 11:57 AM

"Such a toxic article with loads of unsavoury anecdotes by the author." Ugh, I completely agree!

elliott forest November 24, 2011 | 2:05 PM

I swear Nicole Kidman makes me fantasize on moving to Australia.She's so beautiful i'm really sorry to hear about her divorce

kenhp1 August 02, 2011 | 12:47 AM

I think Tom is handsome. However, something in my says to me he can be manipulative, controlling, a religion cult nut, and can be verbally abusive, emotionally abusive, and takes his Scientology religion a bit too far. He definitely has one of those "I'm better than you attitudes". I saw this myself in Blowing Rock, NC. It is though he needs Hugh Jackson to give him a sound bare bottom spanking in public to quell his attitude, which really sucks...

Lisa Lee February 03, 2011 | 6:23 PM

Toms so cute for a little midget, but I sure wouldnt want him trying to hump me on his step ladder. Nicole is a class act she is very classy. Midget breath is all wrapped up in his sick cult.He is so insecure he has to have shoes made with lifts in then LMAO. Plus Nicols new hubby is way handsome, way more then the Midget

UniteEarthOrder February 03, 2011 | 5:30 PM

We here in the GLBT Community know and understand that, "Tom Cruise" is a narcissistic closeted homoual with his exalted personal thoughts & rights to be free from the labels. In Scientology, you are not bound to the stigma's and label's of psychology & reality, unless you plan to forsake or leave the group. I'm happy for Nicole's family coming forward with pieces of the truth. Now maybe, they will find the courage to bring the rest of the beast to the surface.

whitney February 01, 2011 | 6:12 PM

this explains the Cruise statement to "Ask Nicole" what happened, at the time. Cruise is a class guy.

Supersasha November 04, 2010 | 3:01 AM

Such a toxic article with loads of unsavoury anecdotes by the author. I love Nicole Kidman and am so glad her "The Rabbit Hole" is getting great reviews.

Eric September 05, 2009 | 3:32 PM

Untrue. Tom filed for divorce when the second miscarriage was found to not be his. A phone conversation recorded by a private investigator and leaked to the public had a distraught Nicole trying to convince Tom that the second miscarriage was his and not her costar's. Although still unknown who she was having an affair with, it is suspected to be Ewan McGregor.