Chicago Fire’s Season 6 fall finale ended with quite the shocker — especially for Dawson. Her father, Ramon, was brutally stabbed. When she and Brett arrived, hoping to save him, his chances looked quite grim. Poor Ramon.
The episode also left fans wondering if Stella and Severide will get back together after she drunkenly kissed him (and pretended she didn’t remember the next morning). Oh, and Hope’s scheming ways were finally discovered, she was fired and Brett told her off — finally.
Then, of course, Otis, Dawson and Herrmann are potentially turning a bar that was closing into a Molly’s North, with help from a new love interest for Otis: Lily, the bar owner’s daughter.
Yeah, a lot definitely happened, and seeing as the midseason finale was on Nov 2., fans are probably dying to know what’s ahead for Firehouse 51. If you can’t wait until the show returns on Jan. 4, then you’re definitely going to want to read the following spoilers.
Will Dawson and Antonio’s dad live? Showrunner Derek Haas dished to TVLine in November about his fate, “A vague answer is that Dawson is going to be freaked, and Brett is going to try to step up, and they’re going to do everything that they can to save him. [The next episode is] going to pick up right where [the fall finale] left off.”
6. Stellaride rising. https://t.co/k0fWc95S1o— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 5, 2017
Will they or won’t they? As you can see above, Haas teased on Twitter, “Stellaride rising,” which seems to mean something positive is ahead for them. He told TVGuide in December about Severide and Stella, "A great deal of [the rest of] this season is an off-again romance between these two.” But it won’t be without conflict. Per Haas, "For her, there's a different man in her life that comes into play. For him, there's other things going on and so, yeah, we're gonna build it up for a little bit.”
Regarding their kiss, Haas told TVLine that Stella totally remembers kissing Severide. “You can tell on Severide’s face that she’s full of it. He knows she’s lying.” Haas added, “She knows she’s lying. She’s trying to float that balloon, but it’s not going very far. But I do like that Severide lets her off the hook.”
As for whether or not Hope will come back, well, Haas teased to TVLine that it’s a possibility. He said, “There’s a 50/50 chance she’ll be back in the second half [of the season]. She’s such a great foil and a really great actress.” It also doesn’t seem that, if she were to return, she’d come back for revenge. Haas explained, “We’ve shied away this year from the true crazy characters.”
4. We are going to this season but we haven't cast her yet. Looking like episode 616 but don't hold me to that. https://t.co/DkYtJ1G1t5— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 26, 2017
Haas also told TVLine, “We’re going to bring Severide’s mom into the picture in the second half of the season [for] a story that’s pretty involved, and if we can get Benny [Treat Williams, Severide’s dad], it will be ideal, but it’s hard because [Treat’s] not a regular on our show.” On Nov. 26, Haas also replied to a Twitter user asking about meeting “Momma Severide,” “We are going to this season but we haven't cast her yet. Looking like episode 616 but don't hold me to that.”
6. Antonio and Brett and Brett and Antonio and https://t.co/DbNYwU35Fa— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) December 17, 2017
While speaking with Entertainment Weekly in December, Haas had some good things to say about Brett and Antonio rekindling their romance. "Brett and Antonio are going to heat things up, like red hot, by the end of the first episode back." As you can see above, he also told a Twitter user that the first episode of Chicago Fire in 2018 will include a lot of Brett and Antonio. If you want to know exactly when they'll share a scene, Haas told another person on Twitter that Brettonio will appear in the second scene.
Visited by two guys from Chicago PD and one awesome coach today. pic.twitter.com/ZGI82GpfNh— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) December 6, 2017
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter in October, Chicago P.D. will celebrate its 100th episode by having a crossover with Chicago Fire. Per TVLine, it will air sometime in early March, and a few characters from Chicago Med will probably show up as well. Haas dished to TVLine that the episode will focus on "P.D. taking over Firehouse 51 for the second part of [the crossover], on a stakeout kind of a situation."
7. I did write them their first ever stand-alone scene in episode 614. We'll see if it makes the cut! https://t.co/7JSzgMvZ9R— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) December 17, 2017
Compared to how much we see the other characters, viewers hardly get to see Capp and Tony shine. Well, that might change. Haas wrote them a standalone scene for Episode 14, but he's not sure if it'll air.
3. The opening will be on Otis's shoulders, so what do you think? https://t.co/vNh2CXGc23— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) December 17, 2017
Now that Otis, Herrmann and Dawson are officially looking into another location for Molly's, they are bound to encounter some drama along the way. After a Twitter user asked Haas about Herrmann's future, he replied, "I'll answer your question with a question. Do you think he can step back and let Otis run with his ideas for opening Molly's North?" As for whether or not "Molly's North will have a bumpy road," Haas answered on Twitter, "The opening will be on Otis's shoulders, so what do you think?"
9. Severide’s marriage
7. Seems like that would come up if he ever decides to get married again. https://t.co/S3oboywhto— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) December 3, 2017
Remember that time Severide got married? Well, it doesn't seem likely to come up until he decides to walk down the aisle again.
5. The ending of 611, right before the Olympics, looks like it might be an awesome scene but I haven't seen it cut together yet. The next batch of episodes is https://t.co/BMTvIvhvuc— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) December 3, 2017
Haas' favorite episode from this season will air before the 2018 Winter Olympics, so fans should definitely tune in.
6. Her name is Lily and Otis is going to continue to court her as he tries to get Molly's North up on its feet. https://t.co/szbKHBzN9t— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 26, 2017
It looks like things are going to heat up for Otis and Lily. Haas also told TVLine in November about their relationship, "Yes, it’s going to be significant for a while. Otis has never really had, other than Severide’s sister, a love story on the show. So this is going to play out for a while."
5. Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe. https://t.co/YQdzo4AhIg— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 26, 2017
1. Let's see... stabbings, burnings, clinic fires, smells, shift switches, morgues, rehabs, homeless encampments. https://t.co/vMu9abTmww— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 26, 2017
According to Haas, "Next we see them will be in the aftermath of Dawson's dad's stabbing... Casey rushes to the hospital to see her." Overall, it seems like they are going to deal with a lot as a couple.
As for Dawson, Haas also teased that she will face even more heartbreak. She'll also focus some time on a "teenage girl," and Casey apparently won't be happy about the way Dawson handles her. Regarding the young girl, Haas also told TVLine, "We have a batch of episodes coming where it’s less about Ramon, and more about a young teenage girl that Dawson feels for, and Casey’s worried that she’s putting her heart into a precarious position."
Oh, and Louie will definitely be on Dawsey's minds. Jesse Spencer teased to TVLine in December, "The Louie storyline will come back in a different way. Those feelings will resurface. She did lose a baby, and then we had Louie, and then we lost him." He described it as "sort of 'the monster in the closet' a little bit, but in a good way. But there’s a lot of pain and emotion associated with that."
7. Nine. or Ten. I might get labeled a monster after 609. https://t.co/tldav64oqG— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 19, 2017
You better prepare yourself, because this is what Haas told one Twitter user about the episode that will upset fans the most.
1. Yes. 'Cause she's working ambo for a shift. She and Brett click together like ruby slippers. https://t.co/xanKRpiqWi— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 12, 2017
The last time we saw Brett and Stella, they weren't necessarily BFFs, especially after all that Hope drama. "It’s really the relationship with Kidd and her, and that will get resolved in the next episode," Haas told TVLine about their friendship. "I don’t necessarily like all internal conflict that keeps going for a long time. Look, good friends have fights, and then they work stuff out." She and Brett also end up working together and, per Haas, "click together like ruby slippers."
1. Well, not immediately next, but pretty soon... he and Casey are gonna take a leap of faith. https://t.co/xajH5unz1g— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 19, 2017
Does this mean literally?
3. Ramon. And Brett. https://t.co/YAonmbGAPk— Derek Haas (@derekhaas) November 5, 2017
Haas told TVLine that Antonio will "play a bigger part" in Chicago Fire in the aftermath of Ramon. "He’s going to be, for sure, in the next two [episodes], and then [there’s] a little bit of a break where you think, 'Oh, that was short,' but it’s not going to be as short as the audience thinks." Haas continued, "I know our audience well enough to know after the events of Episode 8, they’re going to be like, 'Why would they give us this if they’re not giving us more?!' And then there will be more."
Who else is ready for the rest of Chicago Fire Season 6?
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!