There's some distressing (and conflicting) news coming out of Baltimore on the afternoon of Wednesday, Oct. 18. Deadline reports that three people have been killed and two others were wounded in a shooting near the Maryland metropolis close to where House of Cards is currently filming its sixth season.
Production for the show was reportedly shut down as a precaution, though according to Deadline, no one on set was in any immediate danger. House of Cards producer Dana Brunetti posted on Facebook about the shooting and the lack of media coverage about it.
The Harford County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting took place just after 9 a.m. at the Emmorton Business Park in Edgewood, Maryland, 20 miles northeast of Baltimore. The suspect, Radee Labeeb Prince, is still at large, and the FBI is helping in the search for him. Local officials said he's considered armed and dangerous.
Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said all five people who were shot were believed to be employees at Advanced Granite Solutions. The company's owner told reporters the suspect has worked there as a machine operator for about four months
On the heels of Deadline's report that filming had been shut down, The Hollywood Reporter issued a new and conflicting report claiming that filming has not been affected. According to a statement released by Netflix and production company Media Rights Capital to THR, "We have been in touch with local authorities and are aware of a shooting situation that happened about a mile away from the House of Cards set," they said. "Production on the show has not been impacted."
More details will be included in this report as they emerge.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!