Share this Story
/

Maria Menounos Is Stepping Down at E! News as She Battles a Brain Tumor

Allie Gemmill is an avid writer, cinephile, Ravenclaw, and pizza enthusiast. She regularly writes on film and television with a special focus on women’s involvement & influence in Hollywood. Additionally, she has bylines at Bustle, Keyfr...

'I'm so grateful for the past three years at E!'

As she continues to valiantly battle a brain tumor, Maria Menounos has announced she will step down as an anchor at E! News. The announcement came early Monday morning, with Menounos issuing a statement that largely thanked her team and co-workers at E! rather that specifically commenting on the state of her health.

More: Maria Menounos Reveals the Oscar Speech That Turned Her Into a Feminist (EXCLUSIVE)

As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Menounos began her statement by saying, "I am so grateful for the past three years at E!, I had such an amazing time co-hosting with Jason Kennedy and working everyday with the wonderful roster of talent on the show including producers, staff and crew."

A post shared by maria menounos (@mariamenounos) on

She continued, "It was such a special, good-hearted group and one I'll always consider family. A special thank you to Frances Berwick and Adam Stotsky for all the support they have shown me through the years especially during these tough times. I will truly miss everyone and looking forward to this next chapter in my life."

As indicated by Menounos' account, it sounds like she had and continues to have a very supportive team behind her at E!. In fact, this is confirmed by the statement released by E! on the heels of the announcement of Menounos' departure.

More: Maria Menounos Is Leaving Extra, Going to E!

E! president Adam Stotsky, whom Menounos' personally named in thanks in her statement, said, "[O]ur thoughts and support go out to Maria and her family and we wish them all the best knowing that Maria will tackle this with the same fierce dedication she is known for. We are grateful for Maria’s many contributions to E! over the past three years." Menounos came aboard E! in 2014 after exiting Extra. She officially became an anchor in 2015 and has frequently worked alongside co-anchor Jason Kennedy, becoming of the most recognizable E! faces.

More: Giuliana Rancic's Leaving E! News to Focus on Three Other Projects

The news of her step away from E! comes swiftly on the heels of her revelation to People in May that she had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Back then, Menounos told the magazine that her diagnosis came as her own mother was battling a brain tumor; the news, it seemed, didn't shake or surprise her. "I didn’t cry. I actually laughed. It’s so surreal and crazy and unbelievable that my mom has a brain tumor — and now I have one too?" Now, Menounos appears just as ready to fight this as ever before if her statement and previous statements on her state of mind about this tumor are indicators.

With her E! team sending her support, luck appears to be in her favor. Here's to hoping Menounos wins this battle and recovers to good health quickly.

Comments
Follow Us

SheKnows Media ‐ Entertainment

Hot
New in Entertainment
Close

And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .

SheKnows is making some changes!

b h e a r d !

Welcome to the new SheKnows Community,

where you can share your stories, ideas

and CONNECT with millions of women.

Get Started