In the early hours of Aug. 31, 1997, Princess Diana died following a serious car crash in Paris. This led to an enormous outpouring of grief across the world, as people struggled to come to terms with the loss of "the people's princess."
Diana's legacy lives on in her two sons, Prince William and Prince Harry. Earlier this year, Harry opened up about losing his mother at the age of 12, saying, "When she died, there was a gaping hole, not just for us, but also for a huge amount of people across the world. If I can try and fill a very small part of that, then job done. I will have to, in a good way, spend the rest of my life trying to fill that void as much as possible. And so will William.”
On the 19th anniversary of Diana's death, we're remembering some of her most inspirational quotes.
1. "Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back."
2. "Hugs can do great amounts of good — especially for children."
3. "I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them."
4. "Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can."
5. "Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life — a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
6. "Do only what your heart tells you."
7. "If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love."
8. "I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
9. "Every one of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves."
10. "The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other."
11. "Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone — kindness in another’s trouble and courage in your own."
12. "I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am."
14. "They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?"
15. "People think that, at the end of the day, a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me."
16. "When you are happy, you can forgive a great deal."
17. "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!