Last night's premiere of The CW's new virus outbreak show Containment was definitely terrifying (in a good way). But what wasn't terrifying was Chris Wood's performance in the series as police officer Jake Riley.
SheKnows chatted with Wood and got the inside scoop on all the random things you should know about this rising star and his new series.
1. How do you like your coffee? "Black... I like to make it myself though. I have a very fancy Wilfa precision coffee maker."
2. What is your favorite CD/record/album of all time? "This is so hard. I'm going to go with the Led Zeppelin Mothership compilation."
3. Favorite exercise? "Baseball." He even plays softball every week on a team.
4. Least favorite exercise? "Probably sprinting."
5. What is a recurring dream you have? "I often dream that I am showing up for a job, and I'm supposed to have been fully prepared, and I don't know any of the lines. The actor's nightmare. I have it all the time. Where I'm just completely unprepared. But I always go for it. I always give it a shot and everyone's always looking at me like, 'That's not the scene. What are you doing?' But they never cut. They always keep rolling."
6. What is your favorite animal? "A monkey."
7. Do you believe in ghosts? "No."
8. What is your favorite movie ever? "Singing in the Rain."
9. Puberty — hard or a piece of cake? At this point, Wood let out a strangled laugh, "Hard."
10. What is your first kiss story? "I was on the playground, and I wasn't prepared for it. I think I was in second grade. There was this club called The Kissing Girls, and they would run up to boys and they'd kiss them. And I got sneak kissed."
11. What was your first job ever? "I worked at Panera Bread."
12. How do you like your pizza? "I like Hawaiian."
13. What is the scariest thing, in your opinion, about the future? "That technology will evolve so much that it attacks us." No, not deadly virus outbreaks.
14. Do you have any tattoos? "No."
15. Tell a story about a scar you have and how you got it. "I was making a blackened chicken pizza for some friends and splashed cooking oil on my arm. So I had really bad burns." He said that it took him about two months to heal.
16. What is your favorite curse word? "Fuck."
17. What is the best date you've ever been on? "My girlfriend and I went on a wine country tour. It was sort of a five-day date."
18. What time is your bedtime? "Midnight."
19. Who was your last incoming call? "Hanna, my girlfriend." (Wood is currently dating his Containment co-star Hanna Mangan Lawrence.)
20. What inspires you the most? "Good art. I love everything. I'm sort of a classical music nerd so I go to the LA Phil all the time."
21. What was the last movie that made you cry? "Room. It's very upsetting."
22. Who is your celeb crush? "Meryl Streep. I mean, give me a break. Can there be anyone else?"
23. What is a philanthropic cause that's important to you? "Mental health. Anti-stigma and awareness."
24. Where do you see yourself in five years? "Hopefully still alive and kickin'. Hopefully it's like the sixth season of Containment. Doing that, and hopefully having some interesting roles under my belt and still have time to read books."
25. What's your favorite book? "I'm just finishing Anna Karenina right now, which I had not read before. And it's incredible. It is so beautiful. I think it's an amazing book so it might end up being my favorite, but I haven't finished it yet."
26. What are you most excited for people to see in Containment? "I'm excited for people to see how these relationships flush out and how these characters' stories intertwine as the season progresses."
27. What was your favorite episode to film in Season 1? "'Seven.'" But he's keeping why a secret...
28. Tell us one spoiler from the show. "There will be an unexpected death." And by unexpected death, he means a Game of Thrones-style unexpected death.
Containment airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!