Thought you were the only one trying out a hoverboard this holiday season?
Former The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville found herself on an iWalk this weekend, and then she found herself off her iWalk.
Swollen paw 6 stitches I'm officially done with iWalk slash hover board :( pic.twitter.com/aPS3rpj6ZK— Brandi Glanville (@BrandiGlanville) January 9, 2016
She tweeted, "Swollen paw 6 stitches, I'm officially done with iWalk slash hover board." Glanville gave an update on her ailments on Monday: "Antibiotics equals no alcohol, allergy to pain meds equals pain, 6 stitches & a hairline fracture #priceless."
There's no rule that says a grown woman can't ride a hoverboard, but we do picture it as more of a teenage boy toy. Could this have been a gift from Glanville to sons Mason and Jake?
According to People, many hoverboard customers have gotten injured in the days after Christmas. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says the number of reported falls rose just after the holidays. No better way to ruin a gift than a trip to the hospital. Mike Tyson also fell victim to the craze.
Patty Davis of the CPSC told People, "We've seen a lot of falls over the holidays. We've seen at least 39 emergency room treated injuries associated with hoverboards — concussions, fractures, contusions, abrasions." Add the hefty price tag of your hoverboard to the cost of the hospital bill and it's looking like less than a Merry Christmas for anyone (aka everyone) who can't keep their balance. Get better soon, Brandi!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!