18. "I was right about my maid. She’s leaving to get married. I mean, how could she be so selfish?"
19. Cora: "I think Granny's right."
Violet: "Can somebody write that down?"
20. Isobel: "How you hate to be wrong."
Violet: "I wouldn't know, I'm not familiar with the sensation."
21. Robert: "First, Matthew must agree. Second, you will both admit it when you realise you were wrong."
Violet: "Oh, well, that is an easy caveat to accept, because I'm *never* wrong."
22. "Life is a game, where the player must appear ridiculous."
23. "No life appears rewarding if you think about it too much."
24. "Principles are like prayers; noble, of course, but awkward at a party."
25. "Nothing succeeds like excess."
26. "You know me: never complain, never explain."
27. "The presence of strangers is our only guarantee of good behaviour."
28. "An unlucky friend is tiresome enough, an unlucky acquaintance is intolerable."
29. "Hope is a tease, designed to prevent us accepting reality."
30. "Vulgarity is no substitute for wit"
31. "All life is a series of problems which we must try and solve, first one and then the next and then the next, until at last we die."
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!