By now, between your detox and reboot, you’re ho ho ho-hopefully realizing that you deserve and can have a wonderful life without your ex, who clearly had a heart two sizes too small — just like the Grinch! No one can ever steal the spirit of the holidays or your sense of self and sass unless you let them.
In the spirit of new and classic holiday flicks like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, here are nine inspirational quotes to rejoice, keep the force with you and realize that it's a wonderful life during the holidays — and beyond.
1. “I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite.” — Will Ferrell as Buddy in Elf
2. “I wanna live again!” — Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey in It’s a Wonderful Life
3. “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to." — Maureen O'Hara as Doris Walker in Miracle on 34th Street
4. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the past, the present, and the future. The spirits of all three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!” — Reginald Owen as Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol
5. “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day; it’s a frame of mind.” — Edmund Gwenn as Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34 Street
6. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." — Will Ferrell as Buddy in Elf
7. “No! Try not! Do or do not, There is no try.” — Yoda, Star Wars
8. “One man’s toxic sludge is another man’s potpourri.” — Jim Carrey as The Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Happy New Year's, renewed you!
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!