What would you like to know?
Share this Story

RHONJ twins dish on all their haters

Passionate about dance, Stephanie's love of reality television and celebrity entertainment began with "Dancing with the Stars" and "So You Think You Can Dance." She has since discovered the wonders of the "Real Housewives," the Kardashia...

Nicole Napolitano and Teresa Aprea are still adjusting to the influx of social media haters

It doesn't matter if you're the most lovable Bravo-lebrity or the most obnoxious, you are bound to deal with social media hate at some point if you are featured on a Real Housewives show. Nicole Napolitano and Teresa Aprea learned this the hard way, as they admitted during the latest Girls in Heels podcast.

Life as a Housewife may seem like one huge party, but there are definite downsides to being featured on a Bravo reality show. Twins Nicole Napolitano and Teresa Aprea of The Real Housewives of New Jersey have certainly discovered this, especially while reading the ensuing influx of negative comments on Twitter. In the latest Girls in Heels podcast, they chatted at length about the social media adjustments they were forced to make after joining the cast of RHONJ.

More: RHONJ twins talk about how Ashley Madison ruined lives

Prior to becoming Bravo stars, the twins primarily received positive and uplifting comments on social media. That all changed after they filmed RHONJ. Suddenly, both stars found themselves mercilessly attacked by shockingly cruel Twitter haters.

More: Teresa Giudice turns to faith in emotional RHONJ clip

According to Napolitano and Aprea, it is very difficult to avoid negativity when you're a reality star. Even the best-behaved celeb can attract negative attention. And when you're featured on a Bravo show, it's impossible to always be seen in a positive light. Bravo has a way of poking and prodding already drama-prone stars until they do something stupid. An exasperated Aprea admitted, "There's no hiding anything... you're on all the time."

If they have one drink too many or are just a little bit grumpy, the stars of RHONJ are bound to be caught on camera. Eventually, these bad moments result in nasty insults on Twitter. Napolitano and Aprea understand that it's easy for people get caught up in the drama of reality television, but they cannot fathom why anybody would go out of their way to say "horrific, horrible, mean things."

More: Teresa Giudice's lawyer reveals her amazing prison transformation

Although Napolitano and Aprea have received their fair share of social media hate since joining The Real Housewives of New Jersey, they still believe that the good outweighs the bad. In fact, they are of the opinion that 90 percent of the feedback they receive on Twitter is positive. As they've adjusted to life in the public eye, the twins have realized that to maintain their sanity, they simply need to focus on the 90 percent of followers who love them and pay the other 10 percent no attention. This is easier said than done, of course, but it ultimately makes the whole reality television experience much more rewarding.

What do you think of Nicole Napolitano and Teresa Aprea's approach to handling negativity on social media? Comment and share your opinion below.

New in Entertainment

And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .

SheKnows is making some changes!