Ariana Grande is supplying all the weekend girl power you need in a superfeminist, empowering blog post she sent out on all her social media Sunday. The post is about how women shouldn't be judged and evaluated by the men they've dated, but rather for themselves — their own contributions to the world. Yeah, yeah, we know you've heard it before. But as long as women are still being judged according to the men in their lives rather than themselves, we're going to keep giving props where props are due to the ladies who tell it like it is.
Here are the seven most empowering things Ariana had to say.
1. "Being 'empowered' is not the same as being a 'bitch.'"
2. "HAVING SOMETHING TO SAY... is not the same as HAVING A BAD ATTITUDE."
3. "I am tired of living in a world where women are mostly referred to as a man's past, present or future PROPERTY/POSSESSION. I... do not. belong. to anyone. but myself. and neither do you."
4. "If a man has sex... HE'S. A. STUD. a BOSSSSSSS. a KING. If a woman even TALKS about sex openly... she is shamed!"
5. "I can't wait to live in a world where people are not valued by who they're dating/married to/attached to, having sex with (or not)/seen with... but by their value as an individual."
6. "I want the people reading this to know that they are MORE THAN enough on their own."
Ariana has plenty of great thoughts of her own, but she ends the post with one of our favorite quotes from Gloria Steinem:
7. "Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke... She will need her sisterhood."
Keep singin' it, sister.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!