Let it be said: I absolutely adore Amy Schumer. She owns her sexuality and isn't afraid to say all of those things I say to my girlfriends only after being emboldened by more than a few cocktails. Having said that, I'm not sure how I feel about her saying them while hosting the MTV Movie Awards.
Don't get me wrong... I love them for me. I laughed like hell every time she cracked a bawdy joke. God knows I love a bawdy woman. Still, I'm 31 years old and, you know, kind of bawdy myself.
More: The Magic Mike XXL stars' MTV Movie Awards speech about women was condescending
But seeing as the MTV Movie Awards' target demographic is much younger — think teens — I couldn't help but wonder if the hilarious but sexually explicit one-liners she kept zinging out there were appropriate, considering the age of the audience presumably watching.
I mean, I'm no prude, but I can't imagine being comfortable with my own daughter LOL'ing (that's what the kids are saying these days, right?) over Schumer's decidedly adult humor. Clearly, I'm not alone.
More: Amy Schumer reveals if she'll crack any Bruce Jenner jokes at MTV Movie Awards
Seriously, have a look at some of Schumer's bawdiest jokes as hostess of this year's MTV Movie Awards.
1. "Nice try. I lost my 'Di-virginity' when I was, like, 17. That’s the butt one, right?"
2. "The cast of Magic Mike is here. [That movie] really is magic. Anytime I’m watching, at least two of my fingers disappear."
3. "This drought in California is horrible. I just found out about it right now, but it’s all I can think about for the next few minutes. These four presenters are doing their part by making it rain in my Spanx."
4. "When I’m looking at them, I’m the next celebrity leak."
5. "I'm seeing Fifty Shades of Grey... I bought two seats next to each other so I can sit on the armrest — pow!"
6. "Well, guess who got a bottomless popcorn? Hellooo! Mr. Grey will see me now." *sticking hand up through bottom of bucket and gesturing with two fingers*
7. "I will see you at the after-party. I’ll show you my seat. Get it? I'm talking about my butt."
8. "I feel like this is a good time to reveal I have two super powers. One, I have no gag reflex, and two, I can fly."
9. "I know what you’re thinking right now. This is amazing — she has no gag reflex. When kids found out about my superpower, they called me a freak. And then they called me all the time."
10. "Guess how I convinced the crew to let me fly for no reason? Because the first super power is real."
More: Robert Downey Jr.'s MTV Movie Awards speech sends teens a powerful message
Do you think Schumer's humor was too adult for the MTV Movie Awards, or am I just getting old and crotchety? Sound off!