Cumberbatch announced his engagement to the lucky lady via The Times of London's Forthcoming Marriages section, obviously going at it the old-fashioned way. No announcement tweets for this classy guy.
Reports had been swirling that the Sherlock star and Hunter were an item for several months, although the pair kept their relationship very low-key. Not much else is known about Cumberbatch's future wife, so we gathered some information for you to get more familiar with the woman that stole your man he will marry.
So, here they are, five impressive facts we dug up about bride-to-be Sophie Hunter. As we expected, she's super-interesting and, honestly, she makes for the perfect partner to our beloved Cumberbatch. Read on — if your heart is up for it.
1. Hunter graduated from Oxford with a Modern Languages degree with a concentration in French and Italian. She moved to Paris to study avant-garde theater for two years at L'École Internationale de Théâtre Jacques Lecoq. She also trained at New York City's Saratoga International Theater Institute (SITI Company).
2. The accomplished theater buff cofounded the Lacuna Theatre Company and is an artistic director of the Boiler Room. Hunter is also an associate director at the Broadhurst Theatre.
3. She has directed and conceived numerous theater productions throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East and in North America, including the tour for the experimental play 69° South in 2012, The Rape of Lucretia, based on Benjamin Britten's opera, and The Magic Flute from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 2011.
4. Not only has Hunter directed and produced several plays, but she has also acted in film and television. Some of her credits include TV guest appearances in Torchwood and Mumbai Calling and the role of Anne Boleyn in Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant. Hunter also had a role in the 2004 big screen film Vanity Fair as Maria Osborne.
5. In 2007, Hunter received the Samuel Beckett Award for writing and directing the avant-garde play The Terrific Electric at the Barbican Centre.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!