After being eliminated on Dancing With the Stars last week, Sean Avery claimed that the real reason he was sent home was due to a disagreement with a show producer, rather than a lack of votes.
Upon getting booted from the popular dance competition, Avery took to Twitter to post a message regarding the truth behind his elimination, People magazine first reported. "I will tell everyone on #GMA tomorrow why i was voted off... my partner @Karina_Smirnoff is AMAZING," he wrote.
During his March 25 appearance on Good Morning America, Avery spoke about his elimination, as promised, and revealed how his dispute with show producer, Conrad Green, could have been what caused his early elimination on the show's second week of competition.
The former hockey player said the show tried to peg him as "the bad boy of DWTS" by using old footage of him speaking ill of his ex-girlfriend.
"I think we knew as of probably Monday last week that our fate was sealed," he said on GMA. "I had a conversation with Conrad, one of the producers, and I was upset at the package that they had brought in the week previous."
Avery added that, "In reality TV or some sort of competition, if you have a disagreement with the producers, then generally that seals your fate quite early."
During the night of the premiere, Avery was obviously annoyed and even made some comments about the video package. An insider told People that Avery did indeed contact Green, telling him how he felt about the issue, which could have possibly led to his premature exit.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!