ABC Family Ends Show After Season 1

ABC Family has decided Ravenswood won't be getting a Season 2, but all our hopes won't be lost if it means Caleb is returning to Pretty Little Liars.
Ravenswood has been cancelled after one season
Images courtesy of ABC Family

We can't help but have mixed feelings upon hearing the news that Ravenswood has been canceled by ABC Family after only one season.

Ashley Benson and Ryan Good — back on! >>

On the downside, it means we'll probably never know how the whole current-Miranda (Nicole Gale Anderson) and old-Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) scene from the finale plays out. Not to mention what's to become of Abaddon? But, let's be honest, the downside is totally overruled by the upside because it means that Caleb will maybe, hopefully, be returning to Pretty Little Liars. And, at the end of the day, we're Team Hanna (Ashley Benson) and Caleb all the way. With so many fans rooting for these two, especially after Hanna's return to Ravenswood on the season finale, the show would be silly not to add Caleb back into the cast.

It might not be coincidence that Hanna put the brakes on things with Travis after their little makeout session.

After all, it's no secret that Ravenswood failed to live up to its parent show, Pretty Little Liars. The spinoff premiered with solid ratings during last fall, but struggled to gain traction for the remainder of its 10-episode run.

What do Now and Then and Pretty Little Liars have in common? >>

The show is set in the fictional town of Ravenswood, Pennsylvania. It focused on five teenagers who are brought together by a curse that has plagued the town for generations.

According to Deadline, Ravenswood is the first canceled show under ABC Family's new president, Tom Ascheim, who took over in December. We wonder if this is the first of more changes to come.

Ravenswood aired its season — now also series — finale on Feb. 4.

Are you sad to see Ravenswood go? Do you think the show deserved a Season 2?

Comments

Comments on "Ravenswood canceled! Is Caleb returning to Pretty Little Liars ?"

ryan April 06, 2014 | 5:44 PM

I hate that they always do this. At least give us some closure to the shows, not just cancel it like that. They should do another season of Ravenswood! It was like watching The Lying Game. They just cancelled the show, with the finale at a climax. Geez! There are a lot of viewers to these kinds of shows. Be considerate! If you think you'll cancel the show out of no apparent reason later, then just don't continue on with the show rather than making your viewers excited about nothing.

Sarah April 03, 2014 | 5:39 AM

I'm so ------- ------ I loved that show thats not right bring it back

hailey April 02, 2014 | 3:15 PM

i am so ------ right now omg

NOone April 02, 2014 | 1:08 AM

well Damn, i was really hooked up on that show

blah March 31, 2014 | 5:37 AM

I really hope ravenswood will come back because I will die if Caleb has to come back to PLL for some random reason I really hate Caleb...

Melissa March 26, 2014 | 9:44 AM

I really hope they bring the show back, I actually got scared watching Ravenswood compared to American Horror Story. I absolutely loved the show and the cast! I really hope ABC brings Ravenswood back for at least one more season

Vivi March 25, 2014 | 10:51 PM

SO TRUE !!! - ~~Canceling a show without any answers makes it hard to become invested in new programs. Why waste the time if the writers don't have any respect for the viewers.~~ !!!!!!!!

Brandi March 25, 2014 | 9:46 AM

Really think that ABC Family should have given Ravenswood at least 2 seasons before making the decision to pull it off air. I thought the show was good alot better than some of the other so called good shows they air.

Robert March 13, 2014 | 7:49 AM

I just discovered ABC Family. Thoroughly enjoyed Ravenswood. Sad to see the show gone! -To the new President, just like Ravenswood ABC will cancel you too. A position like yours these days are never safe "layouts" -Good Luck

kekdefied March 12, 2014 | 2:18 PM

I'm sooooooo happy that ravens wood is to in end expressions can't explain what I'm feeling like now I want my haleb back And guess maleb friends halebs back whoooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy me and my sisters love the show. HALEB FOREVERRRRRRRRR!!!!! and forget about travis..................Sorry travis Caleb is coming back but you could be a friend adios :)

ABC FAMILY SUCKS! March 12, 2014 | 12:29 PM

We should all go on strike, no one watches PLL unless they put Ravenswood back on the air.. ): I'm crying so bad.. At least tell us the secrets.. HORRIBLE ABC FAMILY HOW COULD YOU!

Daytona March 11, 2014 | 5:20 AM

I HATE THIS! I HATE THAT THEY HAVE CANCELLED THIS SHOW! Are they freaking serious!???? They think they can make us watch an amazing season of Ravenswood and cancel it. This should be illegal! Miranda and Caleb have so much chemistry. Then I wanted to see how the others would turn out. This is honestly the most disappointing cancelled show ever. I want to cry. How could they do this? Did they think this show sucked? At first it was kinda boring but then it just got BETTER. Guess I'll just have to read some season 2 fanfics online. That would help with my healing.... :(

jojo March 09, 2014 | 3:29 PM

Its pretty stupid that their not have a season 2 you left us with big suspense ! I honestly think they should look into having more seasons !!!!

janelle March 07, 2014 | 3:13 PM

I hadnt watched any of ravenswood until after it was already over. And by the end of the 10th episode, i must say i was rather upset to find it was discontinued. I'd be content if they just made like an hour and a half long special to wrap up the loose ends, my personal opinion is that it was far to cerebral for the demographic that usually watches said shows. PLL is a little slower paced and easier to grasp, ravenswood had much more going on at an exponentially exceeded pace. Im bummed its over but as long as they put caleb back in PLL i'd be content. Even more content if they would tie up the loose ends.

Deanne March 06, 2014 | 6:25 PM

Loved the show and hate to see it end especially with no closure for the fans. I think it at least warranted a season 2, it seems it could take time for a show like this to catch on.

Tiff March 04, 2014 | 1:16 PM

Didn't care for Ravenswood, I love PPL and twisted.

Gail March 03, 2014 | 10:44 PM

They could have given us closure... or better yet, bring back Secret Circle!!!

Allison March 03, 2014 | 2:58 PM

I am sad to see the show is cancelled I really enjoyed it and watched it very Tuesday after pretty little liars. I really like Twisted but I did love Ravenswood. I just wished they would have tied up the loose ends and not left such a big cliffhanger. They did the same thing with The Lying Game when they left a huge cliffhanger in the final episode.

J C March 01, 2014 | 8:25 PM

Seriously!!! How's Caleb supposed to return to PLL? Oh yeah that whole ghost thing I was talking about... took care of that. Ummm NO!!! I really think there should have at least been 13 episodes so that there could have been a decent finale. The show was really great, and kind of spooky. Sad to see it end.

Kali February 28, 2014 | 11:34 AM

I really didn't care for Ravenswood, especially Miranda. I hated her. I'll super happy if Caleb comes back to Rosewood. He and Hanna are soulmates