These Famous Ladies
Speak From The Heart
Being in the public eye gives celebrities unique insight, and these wonderful women have given us some words that are truly inspiring.
- Sandra Bullock: "Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself at the beginning."
- Oprah Winfrey: "I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that's how I operate my life."
- Judy Garland: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."
- Queen Latifah: "I made decisions that I regret, and I took them as learning experiences... I'm human, not perfect, like anybody else."
- Ellen DeGeneres: "I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we're all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose... When you connect with that love and that compassion, that's when everything unfolds."
- Margaret Thatcher: "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
- Lady Gaga: "I used to walk down the street like I was a superstar... I want people to walk around delusional about how great they can be — and then to fight so hard for it every day that the lie becomes the truth."
- Kristen Stewart: "I think it's ridiculous that you need to look a certain way to be conventionally pretty."
- Jillian Michaels: "If you act like a victim, life is going to victimize you. You're going to get kicked and you're going to get knocked down, but how you respond to that is what makes or breaks us."
- Julia Roberts: "If you love someone, you say it, right then, out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by."
- Maya Angelou: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
- Jennifer Aniston: "The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain."
- Angelina Jolie: "Figure out who you are separate from your family and the man or woman you're in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that's the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else."
- Sofia Vergara: "I'm fearless. I don't complain. Even when horrible things happen to me, I go on."
- Tyra Banks: "Never dull your shine for somebody else."
- Jane Fonda: "You can do one of two things: just shut up, which is something I don't find easy, or learn an awful lot very fast, which is what I tried to do."
- Drew Barrymore: "God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped."
- Janis Joplin: "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
- Kate Upton: "I love my body. It's what God gave me."
Which quote is your favorite? Let us know in the comments.
Other articles you might enjoy
Oprah Winfrey accepts failure
Lady Gaga admits it's been hard to find love
Yes, Jillian Michaels is gay: The quiet coming out
Photo credits: Apega/WENN.com, Brian To/WENN.com, WENN.com