Their Love Doesn't
Look So Bright

Going into the winter break, things didn't look good for Vincent and Catherine on Beauty and the Beast. Hold your breath, because they don't look any better when the series resumes on Jan. 13.

Tori and Vincent on Beauty and the Beast

If the photo above doesn't send Beasties everywhere into angry spasms, I don't know what will. How dare Tori (Amber Skye Noyes) have her arm on Vincent's (Jay Ryan) shoulder?

The CW moves The Tomorrow People to make room for The 100 >>

If you recall, heading into the winter break on Beauty and the Beast, Cat (Kristin Kreuk) shot Vincent to keep him from harming her father, who had not only altered Vincent physiologically, but was using him as a one-man killing machine to knock off all the other beasts he knew about.

Things are about as dire as they could be between the couple, even more so when you add in the pesky discovery of Tori, a born girly-beast whose own beastly characteristics only enhance the animal side of Vincent. The repercussion of their attraction drove Cat closer to Gabe (Sendhil Ramamurthy).

Top 10 reasons fairy tale shows are here to stay >>

According to TV Line, the Jan. 13 installment titled "Don't Die on Me" promises this: "In order to prevent Vincent from further injuries, Cat helps protect Tori when her life is threatened, revealing a new, unexpected mystery. Meanwhile, Vincent's stubborn attempt to intervene leads to life-changing consequences, which causes Gabe and Cat to grow closer."

Come on, it's not as if we expected Vincent to die, or be out of the action for any period of time, right? Let's get some blood boiling by perusing a few photos.

Gabe and Cat walking

So Gabe's going to try to get to Cat by helping her through the shooting of her FBI daddy? Of course he is! What red-blooded man wouldn't want to get closer to Cat? You really can't blame a guy for trying.

Tess and J.T. arrested

J.T. (Austin Basis) is always getting himself into some sort of awkward trouble when he's around Tess (Nina Lisandrello). It looks like they're transporting an organ and she has to arrest him. TV Line reports he opens up to Tess and reveals a truth — could it be more about his crush on her? Here's hoping!

Vincent and Tori in hospital

Did you notice in neither of the photos featured in this article that Vincent looks nearly as comfortable with Tori as she does with him? Could that mean something? There's no doubt she needs him more than he needs her.

The best places to find shirtless men on TV >>

It's unfortunate that Vincent's dalliances have been with red-haired girls, as it seems to denote a pattern. Let's try to look beyond that to the bigger picture. If VinCat are together and without strife, what story is left to tell?

So here's the big question. Are you prepared to let the writers take you where the story needs to go to make the best of VinCat's love? Are you a fair-weather fan who only watches to see the romance between Vincent and Cat, or do you trust that their current struggles will make them a stronger couple in the long run?

Take the poll, and then hit the comments and share why you feel the way you do.

Images courtesy of Ben Mark Holzberg/The CW

Comments

Comments on "Poll: Are you ready for VinCat's woes on Beauty and the Beast ?"

older lady February 10, 2014 | 9:18 PM

DON'T CANCEL THIS SHOW!

Niovi January 22, 2014 | 6:04 AM

I love this so.. And yes definetelly i prefer cat with vin together... I cant understand how 2 people tha t loved each other so much arent together. On the other hand i feel like cat has done anything for vin.. I am ok cat to move forward.. What i would like to see is vin to really try to win her back.. I think is time... He is not behaving nice. However you cant have 2,3,4 seasons the same thing.. U need to put some interest passion anger emotions generally. Many said that this series is nothing like the title beUty and the beast.. Well it is pretty obvious guys that in 2014 we speak dor something metaphorical... We have seen many version of the fairy tale.. Enought we know the story.. Beauty and the beast is something new know means different things.. Give some time to the show to suprice us.. Give your support!! We all want can and vin together.. U said that they arent going to end up together anyway?

brooke demallorca January 21, 2014 | 10:39 AM

Enough of this spoilers pleaseeee..... Bring back Vincat's romance! STOP making Vincent a monster. It's just too much to take! Bringing out his evil side is just so unrealistic! Because it's just too much! They are already assassinating the character of their main lead & i can't understand that. And they're also trying to portray Catherine as cold, heartless & pathetic person. Bring back the fire of their love please & the goodness in the both of them. Stop breaking our hearts & murdering the story of BATB! We want VinCat back the soonest!

gee ibanez January 21, 2014 | 10:16 AM

my answer to the poll was yes, that VinCat's struggles can make their love stronger no doubt about that. but please that's enough! we loyal VinCat fans can no longer tolerate it! it's plain torture on our part to see them both go separate ways. it heart wreaking to see that! trying to break two people whose love is so raw, so pure & so unconditional. maybe we're just hopeless romantics...please let them get back together soon. the show is starting to lose it's appeal if it would go on like this. please STOP!!! there is a limit to what we can bear. please stop portraying Vincent as a monster coz he is NOT! he is more human than any of us...he is a HERO! that's how we love him & this show. and stop portraying Catherine as a cold & heartless person coz she's not. they are both destined to love & make our world a better place to live in. we know this is just fiction but believe me this show has an impact in our lives in ways the producers & the writers can never imagine. let VinCat get back together the soonest please. thanks!

kla January 15, 2014 | 7:12 PM

I am an "older" die hard fan of Beauty and the Beast. And, while I really hate the writers constantly putting obstacles in front of Cat and Vincent being together, what I truly can't stand is the inconsistencies in the story. One minute it is perfectly okay to kill someone involved in Muirfield or beast activities, but the next minute it means Vincent is losing his humanity... we spend a whole season hiding and covering up every piece of evidence and now suddenly it is perfectly okay to call for an leaving dead people that clearly weren't killed by an average guy, and leave the door open to a room with a beast skeleton on a table. Really? Looks like alot of questions right there that would all end up right in Vincent's lap. And moments before, Cat questions why they did all they did if Vincent wasn't going to save himself and try to have a future, but doesn't seem to be the least bit bothered that she's walking out leaving all this evidence that could end his future if he goes public. I get it that some people don't like seeing a couple in love actually working together for a cause, but would rather see them constantly being tempted and/or arguing the way their own relationships work... but I think it's ridiculous that Cat is now acting like she didn't love Vincent, but rather felt obigated to repay him for saving her life, many times. Seriously, that's almost making a joke out of S1. I want to keep watching and hope other viewers that have stopped watching will come back, and I hope the writer's figure out that Beauty and the Beast has always been a love story. What they have right now is a fantasy soap opera. I watch Vampire Diaries for that. Please don't let this be the last season, but more importantly, don't let these characters end worse than they started.

Marsha January 12, 2014 | 9:51 AM

The viewers have been treated to a rare and beautiful chemistry that is emotionally involving. Even if the producers insist on providing trite "obstacles" and triangles and whatever else they feel necessary to prove our staying power, they would not be so foolish to deny what all of us witness, the extraordinary connection between our stars. Call it epic, call it sizzling, call it whatever you wish but you won't find it in many other shows. Any production staff member who watched even one interaction between the two main characters felt it. The electricity is palpable. If I must wade through this awful nonsense just to have a brief scene of that intangible, I will. It is a shame that the producers don't capitalize on what is in front of their faces instead of this "angst." It is powerful and emotional and shouldn't be allowed to disintegrate.

Diane January 10, 2014 | 8:56 AM

The thing about love on television and in real life is, the journey. They are soul mates after all. Remember Vincent was able to hear Cat's heartbeat in a crowded club and busy NY Street--if that's not a soul tie, I don't know what is! The writers are getting to the parts where VinCat get to really see each other's mistakes--both the good and the bad sides of each other--and yet choose to LOVE each other. I can get behind that kind of journey--getting to fully understand why they are so in love each other. I love this show!!!!!!

Cathy Tapp January 06, 2014 | 9:39 AM

Sure the show has a darker feel this season, but what do the fans expect. If they had continued on with the show as it was and there were no other problems in the relationship it would be a pretty boring show. I have faith in Vin/Cat's relationship. Sure there will be obstacles(young red-haired beasty women, Gabe ) but I feel positive that the writers will get Vincent and Cathering back together. Fans please stay watching the show, and send you support to the actors. This is my favourite show and we as Beasties have to give it a chance to let it go where the writers are taking it.

beastfan January 05, 2014 | 8:10 PM

It's actually funny how the fans are much more concerned about regaining the fans that left than the show runners themselves.

bonnie January 05, 2014 | 10:28 AM

Hopefully all the fans that left will come back even Jay said they were destined to be together we all know that, you just have to give it time and take the good with the bad, hopefully all the fans will come back and boost our ratings. This is a great show!!!! Please give it a chance.

kat January 05, 2014 | 8:43 AM

If you're a #Beastie who fell in love with "VinCat" please listen. The trials Vincent and Catherine r facing (minus the sci-fi aspect) r situations people r faced with in real life. Unfortunately these very situations can sometimes result in the ending of a relationship. Here's the thing, everyone has their own tolerance level. Fans r no different. Those who left could no longer tolerate what was happening. Those who stayed still believe their is hope for VinCat. In my opinion those who stayed are no better people than those who have left. It is a personal choice. Please stop using terms like True Beasties and Fake Beasties and terms like Fair Weather Fans. I am staying though I must admit I am highly upset about some things that have occurred. It is not my place to judge anyone else or try to lay some kind of guilt trip on them b/c they've reached their limit. I've read the comments and know that anger can sometimes be pain in disguise. Yes it's a tv show. But this show forms an emotional attachment on it's fans like no one I've ever seen or been a part of. I don't want this show to end. And the only thing that will save it is more viewers to raise it's ratings. So I'm gonna go out on a limb now and ask those who fell in love with VinCat to reconsider and come back to r show b/c r show will come back to us! Our VinCat will light up r hearts again. I believe that!

Laura January 05, 2014 | 8:15 AM

Everything about Tori is ridiculous, including her sense of fashion. Look at the awful outfit she's wearing. UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan January 05, 2014 | 8:09 AM

Well, if this article was payed by the show runners I have my answer to why the show is so close to cancellation. Calling the fans shallow doens't really seem like a good move on trying to make them still watch the show. If anything, pushes people away even more. If you want to have an action drama, made the show an action drama, don't put elements like abuse and infidelity in it only for the sake of shock value. Be efficient instead of complaining about how your fanbase, the very one that granted you a 2nd chance, is not faithful.

Clemens January 04, 2014 | 4:08 AM

Together they can overcome anything. They are bent not broken ,so they will find the way back to love.

Christine January 03, 2014 | 3:50 PM

After reading everyone's comments one thing I see is the Passionate responses for this show. I truly do not feel that we have anything to worry about with VinCat. Truly if they were lovey-dovey all the time it would get boring. Yes Tori having red hair may not have helped the story line but it certainly ignited a lot of angst and agony in the viewers. Cat has been all over the board emotionally in S2 so far but that's because she's truly burnt out. Spending 3 entire months looking for Vincent only to have him not remember. Let's also remember that for 3 months the fans have no clue what they did to V to reprogram him. I have watched enough TV in my lifetime to know that challenges and a bit of upset do occur to keep the fans. Let's not give up, this show is too good for that. Yes we'd love it to be perfect and the way WE want but let's just hold on longer. Don't give up on VinCat. What concerns me is that our negative and fearful comments may give CBS or the CW reason to not allow our show to grow. We've got to be patient, more optimistic and supportive. There's a lot of other TV out there that is just bad and yet you don't hear the fandom go on like this. Let's agree to disagree on some of the plot lines but still support our show. Christine

Shaman magic January 03, 2014 | 2:48 PM

Give beauty and the beast a proper ending before they go off the air!

No guilt trip January 03, 2014 | 1:47 PM

This gives me very little hope that TPTB even realize the true reason so many have left. So sad. "Fair Weather Fans"? There is no guilt trip to be laid here. No one expects the road to be easy or honkey dorey all the time. Love should have struggles/ups and downs. The real reason fans have left or are leaving is not b/c of lack of romance but b/c of the lines that the writers have crossed here, the destruction/character assassinations of beloved S1 characters and I'm not just talking about Vincent. These people, I call them people now, can't even call them by their character names aren't even recognizable anymore. It's like the writers have come in and ripped apart the very foundation this show stood on! And something smells fishy about this article.

shoe20 January 03, 2014 | 1:20 PM

So if we're not on board with Vin/she-bit$h or Cat/Gabe, were only fake "beasties" You gotta be kidding me....How could anyone like what the writers have done to Vincent's character? You can still love VinCat, and not like the direction the writers are taking the story. I agree with other friends TPTB have gone after a different audience this season, and taken the S1 supporters for granted.....I feel like I'm being served up a big S sandwich, and it's my fault I don't like it.=)

bonnie January 03, 2014 | 12:04 PM

Oh my God people do you not get this story line at all I can't believe so many people won't even give this great show a chance,they can't be all lovey dovey all the time, how boring a show would that be. But your entitled to your opinion but please be respectful to those of us that are fans of the show

anana January 03, 2014 | 11:10 AM

This show must end with the Second Season if the writers put Vincent to Tori arms! Vincent "love" Cat and he first choice Alex, now choice Tori..for what? wtf?? We are very dissapointing! So we want cancelled this show. It's boring, another red-head, we hate her,and we hate Vincent now.. Where's mithology? We want romance VinCat!!! So bring this back.. The ratings is low..because show is weak