Season 1 Will Wrap On Jan. 19

While the official announcement regarding the show won't come until May 2014, the future doesn't look bright for Betrayal.

Betrayal is headed toward cancellation

Less than desirable ratings is one thing, but a Season 2 for Betrayal has more working against it than that. ABC has released their early 2014 schedule and, surprise, Betrayal isn't on it. The show will end its run on Jan. 19 after just 13 episodes.

That doesn't mean the show is a guaranteed out. ABC is holding off until May 2014 to give the official announcement regarding Betrayal's future, but all signs point to cancellation.

Betrayal premiere fails to spark curiosity >>

Betrayal revolves around photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who meet and embark on a steamy affair despite both being in committed relationships. Things are further complicated when Jack and Sara's husband end up going head-to-head against each other in a murder trial.

The premise had such potential, and ABC really tried to market the new drama, but when the show premiered, it failed to inspire.

10 things to know about ABC's Betrayal >>

Despite terrible ratings early on in the season, ABC chose to keep the series on the air. This was most likely a decision made because the network had already canceled another show, Lucky 7, after airing only two episodes. Not to mention, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland also met with underwhelming ratings.

It's been a rough TV season for ABC. With all three shows underperforming, the network couldn't cancel them all without having multiple empty slots to worry about filling during the week.

Fans of the show can only hope the season will wrap with a satisfying end. Since Betrayal is being dubbed a "limited series" we're guessing ABC is aware of the need for closure.

The final episode in Season 1 will air Jan. 19.

TELL US

Do you think Betrayal should be canceled or is a 13-episode season enough? How do you think the show should end?

Images courtesy of ABC

Comments

Comments on "Oh no! Is Betrayal headed toward cancellation?"

Mems April 06, 2014 | 10:15 PM

Please bring back Betrayal, best show ever.

Julia April 06, 2014 | 9:55 PM

DONT CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST SHOW ON TV I BELIEVE. My whole family got into it and there's 7 of us in one house!!!

I linda April 06, 2014 | 7:16 PM

Wow one of the best shows on tv please please keep it running

iva April 06, 2014 | 5:47 PM

Noooooo don't ..... it just starting to bet good!!

Rene April 06, 2014 | 3:57 PM

Seriously, I even have my husband watching Betrayal with me and we both love it. PLEASE don't cancel!! Desperate Housewives cancelled, Private Practice cancelled....what seems to be the problem, I know a lot of people that watched all of these shows and we all feel the same way! Betrayal was REALLY getting good, please don't let us hanging out here waiting!

Arianna April 05, 2014 | 11:41 PM

Nooooo dont cancel! Things are just picking up speed and mysterious suspense. While the beginning was a bit slow, it more involved now and very interesting!

Ana Jardim April 05, 2014 | 10:34 PM

I love the show betrayal please don't cancel .

Jeanette April 05, 2014 | 2:40 PM

Please do not cancel this show!! I looked forward to watching it every Sunday night.There are too many others you need to cancel, but not this one!! Please give it another chance!!!!

B April 04, 2014 | 7:55 AM

I'm just watching the show because of Jules and Valerie...so maybe they should give them more scenes..:)) P.S. They have lots of fans (Jules and Val)..:)

Dween April 04, 2014 | 6:53 AM

I suppose this is too late, but I am so disappointed to learn that Betrayal is cancelled. My daughter and I both loved it. I loved the story line, the actors and it kept me looking forward to the next episode. Please reconsider!!! You have other shows that I don't even bother to watch.

Jenny April 03, 2014 | 9:31 PM

Great show! Please don't cancel

am April 03, 2014 | 9:19 PM

I really enjoyed Betrayal more than revenge. Very disappointedthat the show was cancelled. I was looking forward every Sunday to watch this show. Too baf it is cancelled. I like the ending of the espisodes.

Matt April 03, 2014 | 12:54 AM

I have to say couple things that pissing me off really.......Im sure some people will AGREE... but the worst thing that can happen is after season or two the show is canceled even without giving a chcnce i start watching this show after season end and i would like to watch another but I hear might be canceled and thats WRONG just WRONG....Jeez give a chance to some of the shows....and if there is somebody from ABC whos gonna read some of the post I would like to say something IF U GUYS GONNA CANCEL BETRAYAL I SWEAR I WILL NEVER WATCH ANY OF ABC SHOWS EVER AGAIN and THATS IT

Frank April 02, 2014 | 3:10 PM

Hannah Ware is the reason I watch & enjoy this show. Her beauty & sensuality is the best on TV today. Bring her & the show back. I'm a devoted & faithful viewer.

Isha April 01, 2014 | 9:30 PM

Why ya'al have to go and cancell this show is absurd really! Why don't you just cancell Once upon a time, walking dead and all those ------ programmes that we don't really need and we don't deal with those issues in our everyday life! Betrayal is one of the main issues couples face nowdays and it's epic and everyone loves it except ABC that is....

nikki April 01, 2014 | 3:55 PM

please dont cancel am so looking forward to watching

Sarah April 01, 2014 | 12:46 PM

I am not one to comment but I feel like I have to. This show was my favorite show and the second the episode was over I was already looking forward to the next weeks episode. My friends and coworkers love it and we were constantly talking about it. You have to give it another chance, it is amazing.

Anna leopold March 31, 2014 | 1:12 PM

Loved the show really disapointed it is canceled.please bring it back

Keepdreaming March 31, 2014 | 1:36 AM

Please don't cancel it ABC... I loved it and i still do. While watching it , it was like daydreaming. Happiness is worth fighting for so please.....

Caitlin March 30, 2014 | 11:12 PM

Of course ABC would cancel good shows, such as Betrayal, Zero Hour, and bring in unrealistic ones like Resurrection. Didn't watch any episodes of Resurrection, by the way, but the preview was enough to NOT get me interested. At least Revenge is still on..please bring back the aforementioned shows. Thank you.