Documenting Her Journey

The Little Couple's Jen Arnold is documenting her journey through treatment of a rare form of cancer. Two days after Christmas, she tweeted a photo of her chemotherapy.

Jen Arnold

Dr. Jen Arnold is battling a rare cancer, and spent her holiday week in the hospital beginning the fight of her life. Arnold tweeted a photo of herself in the hospital on Friday, Dec. 27.

The Little Couple star Jen Arnold has cancer >>

The Little Couple star revealed she had cancer earlier in December, but said she's planning to fight it head-on.

"I have recently been diagnosed with a rare type of cancer and am currently undergoing treatment, including surgery and chemotherapy," Arnold told People. "I am very fortunate as the prognosis is good. While there is never a good time to get news like this, getting it just as we are building our new family is tough in many ways. But being surrounded by the love of my husband and our two beautiful children is actually in many ways giving me the strength to fight it even stronger."

The photo revealed a lot about what she's going through.

The 39-year-old and her husband Bill Klein have two children, 3-year-old Will and 2-year-old Zoey. Her chemotherapy had been postponed because of "low blood counts." But she said it ended up being a happy delay, because it made for "a better Xmas."

She said she baked cookies, and enjoyed Christmas with her family.

The couple has struggled with infertility, something they went through publicly on their show The Little Couple. But they feel blessed with their adopted children, and the family they have made.

Klein also tweeted about his wife's cancer and how they're fighting it together.

"For a lot of people, loss tears them apart," Arnold said. "In general, we are pretty tough people. I feel very lucky and fortunate to have the wonderful life I have. We are good at putting things in perspective because of our life experiences. I am not a person to give up when something is important. We feel so lucky to be parents."

Other celebrities who have adopted >>

As for her cancer, she is fighting and plans to do everything she can to beat it.

"There are moments I feel just terrible," Arnold told People earlier in December. "I can't believe it is happening. Other times, I feel like this is just a bump in the road."

Photo credit: WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "PHOTO: Jen Arnold begins chemotherapy for rare cancer"

sandy hanson March 12, 2014 | 5:21 PM

Praying for you Jen and Bill, I too had stage three Cancer and I know what you are going through, My Husband was devastated as I know Bill is, and as for you Jen I know how hard it is for you, to not want to worry your family..stay strong ... Prayers and those Beautiful Babies will help you both be stronger. Your show is the only reality show my husband will watch. We both love to see your family ,your life is so inspiring to us,you never give up and are always smiling. Will is the coolest kid and I am sure Zoey will warm up to her new surroundings soon, you are both AMAZING parents. God bless you and all of the people who are supporting you! You are truly loved by millions... :)

Judy Adams March 02, 2014 | 12:21 PM

Bill, I am a nurse and I understand what jen is going through boy I also know what this is doing to you. May you be blessed With strength rest peace and faith. Your children are beyond beautiful . My prayers are with you and yours

Diana January 21, 2014 | 11:24 AM

I'm so very sorry that Jen has to go through this horrible pain but I strongly believe in my heart that god can heal her because he did it for me. 26 years ago my parents thought I was gonna die but my grandma has rock solid faith and her daily prayers are what kept me alive

joann January 14, 2014 | 1:57 PM

I have watched your show and I am very sad that you have to go something like this our prayers are always with you.we are staying in mission tx for the winter we are from Michigan. Remember God is with you always

Deborah Neuharth January 09, 2014 | 5:54 PM

Bill and Jen, I believe our God is a God of miracles and I am praying that's what happens for Jen. That he brings her back to complete health and wholeness. I also pray that good things and times are coming ahead for your family. I am looking forward to meeting your daughter and seeing the love that you guys have for each other...Take Care

Pat Walters January 05, 2014 | 6:11 PM

You are in my prayers....I have bee thru chemo and radiation last year and will be fine. You are such an inspiration to so many people. I feel like you are part of my family. You and Bill are great parents...hurry back to TLC...we are waiting t o meet Zoey!

Dale Shaw Fryer January 05, 2014 | 5:50 AM

Bill, I apologize for addressing my initial comment to Jen & Will. Can't believe I did that!

Dale Shaw Fryer January 05, 2014 | 5:07 AM

Dearest Jen and Will, I am thinking of you and sending prayers for you and your amazing family. Next month I turn 60 and can proudly tell you that I've survived 3 primary cancers and lived to tell the tale. I had 5 surgeries and a lot of radiation and today, am feeling really good. Jen, I know exactly how you feel when you say that sometimes the cancer is a bump in the road and other times, not so much. It can be the most surreal feeling and at times, it's put one foot in front of the other and focus. Sometimes, I took it 1 second at a time, whatever it took to get me through the tests and treatment. You have a strong and loving family, as do I, and I fought for myself and them. My incredible husband, 5 dogs and 2 cats keep me going. They need me and I refuse to let them down. I miss seeing you guys on tv every week and can't wait till' you can come back and introduce us to Zoey! Hang on very tight to your loved ones and there's no doubt in my mind that you'll be fine!!! I'll continue to send all my love and prayers to your whole gang!!!

Diane Couchot January 05, 2014 | 2:46 AM

Dearest Jen, You are truly one of the most awesome and amazing women I have had the pleasure of getting to know, if only thorough your wonderful TLC show with your loving husband Bill, your precious pooches, your supportive parents, as well as your extended family, co-workers, and dear friends. You have an incredible circle of love surrounding you, plus the rest of America virtually holding your hand. Is Cancer just easier to diagnose now, or are more people getting it? At the end of February, my husband will be celebrating his two year anniversary since surgery then radiation for tongue cancer AND thyroid cancer. He has always been the one who eats well, exercises, has never smoked anything or drank alcohol. It doesn't make any sense who gets it. You are the best AND you are surrounded by the BEST!!! You are in my prayer list along with several million others!!!! You are SO loving and are SURROUNDED by LOVE!!! You already know the facts and figures. You have been down many difficult paths in your young lifetime. Perhaps they were preparing you for this... Who really knows. Many things just don't make any sense at all. You, dear one, have it all now, and all will be there for you night and day!!! You have such a warm place in my heart! I have learned SO much from you!!! This is definitely a bump on the yellow-brick-road, but, when you are having a bad day, or hit a rough spot, take a deep breath and feel the energy being sent to you through prayers, good thoughts, and know that this too shall pass so you can get back to doing all that you do so incredibly well!!! I hope that you can feel my virtual hug!!!

lily Trinidad January 04, 2014 | 8:05 PM

One thing I know to be true is prayer is the best medicine. Your prayers, your families prayers and our prayers will get you through this. So with that said....May God hold you and your family close. Keep you strong and don't be afraid for He is with you now and always.

Diane allen January 02, 2014 | 3:33 PM

Jen, baby love you are going to recover, from this cancer.everything is going to be ok..you are a very beautiful woman . And I love your show .your little son is a little doll, praying for you and your family. Love and kisses.

Susan Fontenot January 02, 2014 | 12:18 PM

Jennifer, I am praying for you and your complete recovery, in the name of Jesus Christ. I love the show and your family. Remember, the Lord is the great Physican.

Lisa Webbert December 30, 2013 | 10:18 AM

Hi Dr. Jen I hope you get along fine my mom and I pray for you ever since we read u had the dreaded C word but we know u will beat it because u are a strong woman, mom and I watch u every week without fail I adore u and Bill and Will (haven't seen Zoey yet)u take care and keep up the work u look great my friend...

Laura :) December 29, 2013 | 6:31 PM

FIGHT!!!!

Danyele J Osceola December 29, 2013 | 1:40 PM

Poor Jen, I hope you feel better soon. I will always pray for you for your rare cancer.

Danyele J Osceola December 29, 2013 | 12:50 PM

Poor Jen, i hope you feel better soon I will pray for you battleing a rare cancer and be wonderful wife and mother I love watching your show in tlc . Your handsome son, will is complete adorable. I know you how you feel but get better. Dr. Jen even know you don't have hair you still look beautiful with your glasses,your smile and your earrings. I hope you don't pass away because I will feel sad and I gonna miss you in the show. My friend Bella Rodriguez-Torres was diagnosis with rare cancer called stage 4 alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma and she pass away on May 28th 2013 when is was 10 year old. She battle cancer for 6 years so livelikebella and livelikejen. So I will pray for Bella and you. Also be brave and be funny mother. God bless Jen,bill,Zoey and will. This note is wrote by a sweet,loveable,nice,creative,artistic,7th Grader young lady named Danyele Osceola who lives in Miami,Florida. I am a Native American called miccosukee tribe of Indians of Florida

KaringKris December 29, 2013 | 8:54 AM

God bless you, Jen and family. I will be praying and believing that you will be healed and healthy, to continue the life that you share so graciously with us. You have been an inspiration to me from the first time I saw you and Bill on TV, and now you are even more so. You are remarkable!

Patty Pforter December 29, 2013 | 7:57 AM

Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.I know you will be okay and you will continue to be blessed with your adorable family.This to will pass. Take one day at a time and faith will take over.Turn your fear into faith.Thanks for the wonderful show look forward to watching your happiness and love with your family.

jodi mackie December 28, 2013 | 11:36 PM

I love watching your show!!! It brings a smile to my face!! You are so positive and always smiling Jen!!! You will beat this, those babies need you!!! Just watching how happy you are being a Mom makes me smile!! Bill and your family are such wonderful people. We will keep you in our prayers. Lots of love, for a full recovery!!!

Karen Shaver December 28, 2013 | 11:03 PM

Hang in there Jen and Bill! You are such an inspirational couple and you will overcome this terrible cancer thing. I say a prayer for you and your sweet little family. God bless