Who's Your Pick?

On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Ward has had flirtations with Skye, and a possible tryst with May. Who do you think is the better match for the team's stoic tough guy?

Should Agents of SHIELD's Ward be with Skye or May?

It didn't take long for ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to give fans some "shipping" possibilities. For those not aware, "shipping" refers to fans putting two characters into a romantic relationship in their heads (or in fan fiction) — whether that relationship has been alluded to on the show or not.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earns full-season order from ABC >>

In this case, the possibility of a romantic relationship for Agent Ward most definitely has been hinted at on the show. The only trouble is, it's been hinted at with two different women. Which woman on the team is better for Ward? Let's take a look at the facts.

A Ward and Skye romance

Skye and Ward have had a little flirtation going since she first got recruited onto the team by Agent Coulson. In many ways, they're exact opposites: She's a geeky free spirit while he's a stalwart soldier. But they say that opposites attract and though they've had some rocky moments, the two of them also seem to have grown closer since her arrival. When Ward began acting as Skye's field training officer, she learned from him how to handle weapons and keep herself safe on missions, while he learned from her how to open up and let himself be vulnerable every once in a while. Because they were so unalike, Ward and Skye influenced each other in great ways and brought out the best qualities in the other. For those reasons, Skye could be the perfect match for Ward.

VIDEO: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cleans up Thor's mess >>

A Ward and May romance

While Ward and Skye's flirtation has been front and center on the show since pretty much day one, the relationship between Ward and May had been kept purely at a professional level. That being said, there's no doubt that these two do have a lot in common and work well together. Fighting side by side, Ward and May don't have to waste a lot of time chatting to let the other know what their next move would be. They always seem to know what the other is thinking and while that ability only seemed to apply to combat, "The Wall" episode hinted that it might also apply to more personal matters. After Ward went through his terrible experience with the Asgardian staff, he was in a bad place. Skye was there to offer a sympathetic ear, but Ward turned her down. But when May, with no unnecessary words, offered a different kind of release by the simple act of leaving her hotel room open, Ward took her up on it. While it's possible that Ward just went into May's room for a chat with a colleague who understood his pain, it's just as likely that he went in there for a lot more than that.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode 7 "The Hub" review: Unlikely partners, likely heroes >>

After looking at both pieces of the evidence, my vote is for Skye. I still think that, out of the two, she's the better choice for Ward given that they seem to bring out the best in each other. I love May, but I think having two people who are so much alike in a romantic relationship could be problematic. Also, I still kind of have my hopes on May and Coulson ending up together, as crazy as that sounds.

What do you think? Who's better for Ward on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Skye or May?

Image courtesy of ABC

Comments

Comments on "Should Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 's Ward be with Skye or May?"

Tanya April 04, 2014 | 1:53 PM

I like Ward with Melinda but this show pushes Skye so much there's really no question that it will be Skye in the end.... Skye will be the reason I finally stop watching AOS... I've tried so hard to ignore my dislike of the character and the actress but it just doesn't seem possible... As much as I like everyone else on the show I hate Skye 10 times more ...It's just not worth it ....

Monay March 21, 2014 | 6:20 PM

In my opinion Ward and May are entirely too similar, Ward and Skye balance each other out, because he is so serious and just is so not!! Also May and Courlson have a little something going on as well!

courtney March 13, 2014 | 8:45 PM

Ward and May should stay together they can relate to one and another due both of them have a broke past.Can Skye really be trusted how do we know she is not just messing with the teams head?Ward and May make a good couple they understand each other......

alicia March 13, 2014 | 7:30 PM

Skye and ward

Hannah February 20, 2014 | 4:37 AM

I want Skye and Fitz. I don't even Like Ward that much XD

mia February 19, 2014 | 5:12 PM

skye and ward

abdullah khan February 02, 2014 | 4:02 AM

Ward and Skye all the way! Skye and Ward ! Skye and Ward should be together!!!!!! Skye and Ward!!! they two are so cute together. Ward and Skye are great together they have a spark and definitely more chemistry May seems better suited for Coulson there is more heat there.team skyeward all the way! it makes perfect sense and besides... she his match and understand him in ways that may can never comprehend. no offense to may, love her but she's not right 4 ward... skye and ward are a great fit!!!

Gerri February 01, 2014 | 9:58 PM

blackfire January 23, 2014 | 6:32 AM

Lauren January 20, 2014 | 9:24 AM

Skye and Ward!!! they two are so cute together.

JAsper January 16, 2014 | 8:08 PM

Ward and May of course! Its hot!

Bella January 11, 2014 | 9:24 PM

Skye and Ward should be together!!!!!!

hannah December 31, 2013 | 2:01 PM

So Skye and ward. Although I think Fitz likes Skye just a little. May seems a little old for ward.

steph December 23, 2013 | 5:54 PM

Ward and Skye! Cecelia May and Ward did Hooke up but I hope they realice they are not for each other.

Liana December 19, 2013 | 4:04 PM

Skye and Ward !!

S December 12, 2013 | 3:04 AM

Simmons. No trust issues as with Skye and hacking, he seems to have a tender spot for her he doesn't have with Skye or Fitz, and she has a big enough heart to put up with Ward's crap - look at her more realistic but forgiving approach to Skye (when Fitz is upset about the betrayal) and when Fitz is insecure about not jumping out of the plane after her. May is too damaged for Ward, and he is too damaged for her. May's been getting all snippy the last two episodes; clearly Coulson has had more success getting her back to a human place than Ward has.

Cecelia November 26, 2013 | 8:32 PM

Skye and ward of course!!! May and ward have to much baggage and are way to serious... I'm assuming they hooked up considering this weeks ep but I am not happy about it :(

Cece November 26, 2013 | 9:55 AM

Skye. May/Coulson is too good to quit, and Skye and Ward have good chemistry as well.

Jenny Singh November 26, 2013 | 4:25 AM

Ward and Skye all the way!