Which Is These Brothers Are You Routing For?

Reign is beginning to feel like a tug-of-war contest and Mary Queen of Scots is the rope. Which of the King's sons are you rooting for?

reign cast

As is the case with all CW shows, there's a lot of eye candy on Reign. Mary Queen of Scots has two royally handsome guys after her: Prince Francis and the King's illegitimate son, Bash. They both have their strong points, but we all play favorites. Which historical hottie do you want Mary to pick?

Is Reign historically inaccurate? Yes. But, so what? >>

Bash

Bash

We love this hot and lucky bastard! And, yes, it's (mostly) okay to say that. Bash (played by the bloody brilliant and delicious Torrance Coombs) is the illegitimate son of King Henry and his mistress, Diane de Poitiers.

Full name: Sebastian

Title: None, but he's the favorite son

Religious affiliation: That's debatable. He's claimed to be Catholic, but we think he might secretly be Druid.

Yea: Just look at him!

Nay: He's not a prince, which means he can't really promise any political aid to Mary.

Yea: He's still the king's favorite son. If he married Mary and needed help, certainly Henry would offer it. Right?

Yea: He seems genuinely in love with Mary, not just into her if (and only if) she turns out to be his best political move.

Francis

Reign Toby Regbo

Historically, Francis was young and sickly. That's certainly not the case with this version. Toby Regbo is healthy and hot! Sadly, he also has feelings for another girl and is bound to marry in France's interest, not his own.

Full name: Francis

Title: Dauphin of France

Religious affiliation: Catholic

Yea: Mary deserves a prince

Nay: Francis continues to waver on whether he's willing to commit to her, even if Scotland can't offer any political help.

Yea: He stood up to the king in order to help Mary in the Portugal situation.

Nay: His old girlfriend is back and he's already down to have her as his mistress.

Yea? We truly believe he wants to do good. He's just bad at it.

Remember that time Bash and Mary finally kissed? >>

Are you in love? Us, too! So, tell us: Which charming prince do you want for Mary? (Or yourself!)

Photo credits: The CW

Comments

Comments on "POLL: Does Reign 's Queen Mary belong with Bash or Francis?"

January April 05, 2014 | 3:39 PM

I believe Mary married Francis out of obligation and love. I believe there is a burning desire for Bash. She loves him and he loves her.I hope the writers will allow Mary to just one time soon give into her wild pleasure with Bash. That will be quite the show.

SMcNeil April 04, 2014 | 4:09 PM

I don't care that Francis is historical. This is not the history channel. She deserves to be with Bash. He loves her for her, not for what she can get him. He would do anything to please her.

Claris April 01, 2014 | 11:08 AM

Bash!!!!!!! Francis is a cute little boy, but Bash is the right one for her!!!! i love hi sooo hot

Lily March 06, 2014 | 4:12 PM

YES TO WHOEVER MENTIONED THE SCENE BY THE SEA! I really didn't like the show much but I was trying to and that scene did it. The chemistry was unreal between them! I really got into it after that for like two episodes until everything changed. Now I'm back where I started lol :( but wow, those two actors have insane chemistry together. Change it back!

T March 06, 2014 | 2:02 PM

FRANCIS!! He is so hot but more importantly, I love him and Mary together. Their chemistry is perfect.

INGRID February 21, 2014 | 9:10 AM

FRANCIS ALL THE WAY i like bash but it is just not the same no chemistry between them and francis loves mary and she needs to marry him for her countries sake not hers. And i think francis should come back and mary should no marry bash because it is wrong in the eyes of god BASH IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE ILLIGITEMENT. Plus historically mary and francis did get married. TEME FRANCIS!!! NO BASH.

Mathilde February 15, 2014 | 9:15 AM

Bash all the way . He is just perfect he is truly a man and his eyes are just stunning . I feel like Francis is just a boy and cares about Mary but gets carried away too easily . I wonder if Mary still thinks about him, if she still loves him and is using bash to forget Francis don't get me wrong she definitly has feelings for bash but is she truly completely over Francis? I hope that she marries bash and mash will survive!!!!!! :)

maryfrancis February 13, 2014 | 9:35 PM

bash is totally hot, yeah, but since francis has been gone, the show has been almost boring. the scenes between mary and bash just don't have the right spark...no chemistry, too contrived. ugh, bring francis back at least but don't pair him with that lola chick, at least not permanently. she is kinda bogely, but she's always seemed to have the hots for francis in my opinion. i just coudn't believe mary was so stupid to leave francis to "save his life" based on a "vision". and then, to act like she's all over francis. the show is making me physically ill. maybe i should stop watching it. only i can't. the show just seemed to get stupider is all. but i still like it.

Rowe February 13, 2014 | 10:29 AM

It's BASH all the way!!!

Rhonda February 10, 2014 | 1:56 PM

Bash and Mary are perfect together! Bash is the better man for Mary.

Cherie February 09, 2014 | 3:47 PM

Ella your so funny! :D

Cherie February 09, 2014 | 3:46 PM

"Roses are red, violets are blue, Mary belongs with Bash, Francis fans boo-hoo!"

Ella February 09, 2014 | 3:40 PM

Valentine's drawing close..."Roses are red, violets are blue, Mary belongs with Bash, Francis fans boo-hoo."

Cotton February 09, 2014 | 3:29 PM

I love bash. Mary loves Bash. 34088 people here love Bash. Need i say more.

Muna February 09, 2014 | 3:23 PM

I think Mary and Bash should just make love (get it over and done with will ya) so all those rooting for Francis can finally see the love and passion Mary and Bash have for each other.

Team mary February 07, 2014 | 11:28 PM

This is a really hard one because I love the chemistry between Francis and Mary even though he was kind of a player. Francis' love started to turn genuine and Mary's love for him is selfless. As of episode 11 though I'm also quite passionate about Mary and Bash. They have genuine chemistry as well. I'm somewhat bias because I adore the actor who plays Bash. I want to see more development between bash and mary sorry francis (but at least you marry her).

Anonymous February 07, 2014 | 9:38 PM

Since the mid-season finale, the show has really jumped the shark. Mary was in love with Francis and had quite the scene with him. Kind of fickle for her to turn so quickly to Bash and Francis just disappeared. "Bash" is a good actor so get to his dark side already and get Mary and Francis back together, as they are historically.

mary February 07, 2014 | 5:58 PM

Mary should totally be with Francis . He loves her in the same way that she loves him. And Francis does not have a mistress , he had already give up on her , because of Mary .

FARYForever February 06, 2014 | 5:51 AM

HELLO PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY ITS FRANCIS. Bash is awesome and stuff, but the chemistry just isn't there with him!!! Not like with Francis? That first scene, near the sea, when Mary and Francis almost kiss, OH MY GOD did no one else feel that?!? They are obviously so totally in love, and the only reason Mary chooses Bash is to SAVE Francis. They can't make her actually fall in love with Bash after that! Its too cruel and I need Francis back :(

Olivia February 05, 2014 | 6:20 PM

It really irritates how biased this poll is. I realize that it was made when the show first began airing, but Francis has changed so much since this was written. He no longer puts France before Mary, he loves her wholeheartedly. I like Bash, don't get me wrong, but I don't feel that special connection between him and Mary like I do for her and Francis. I understand that love triangles add spark to a plot, but they really need to bring Francis back. It's been two episodes without him and I'm going crazy!