How Will The Fans Take To Agent Bishop?

CBS has announced that a new actress is joining the team on NCIS. But is it soon after Cote de Pablo's departure to replace Ziva?

Has NCIS found Ziva's replacement too soon?

CBS hasn't wasted any time in locating a replacement for Ziva on NCIS. Cote de Pablo left the show at the beginning of Season 11 and already it looks like her desk is going to be filled by another female agent. The question is: Are fans ready for someone to take her place so soon?

Cote de Pablo leaving NCIS (finally!)

Here is an excerpt from the announcement made about the new actress joining the show:

Emily Wickersham joins the team on NCIS as a series regular beginning Tuesday, Nov. 19. She plays NSA Analyst Eleanor "Ellie" Bishop, a mysterious mixture of analytic brilliance, fierce determination and idealism who specializes in international threat assessment and global preparation.

"Emily Wickersham's Ellie Bishop is proving to perfectly compliment the NCIS team," said Executive Producer Gary Glasberg. "Her energy and enthusiasm is contagious. Great things are planned for Bishop and we couldn't be more thrilled to have her on board."

Wickersham's character, Ellie Bishop, will be introduced when it is discovered the Secretary of the Navy was bugged during a confidential briefing, a security breach Bishop described in exact detail two years ago in a threat analysis report. Working side-by-side with Gibbs and the team, Bishop cross-examines the case file to help determine who is behind the crime.

Ziva has been off the show for five episodes so far and, by the time Bishop appears, it will have been six. Six whole episodes to get over a character that has been on the show for eight seasons. That hardly seems like enough time for fans to get past Ziva. Then again, fans only had one or two episodes (depending on whether you count ghostly appearances) to get over Kate before Ziva was introduced.

Music review: LL Cool J Authentic >>

There's also the simple fact that the team seems to be doing quite well right now. Gibbs, Tony and McGee have a fantastic dynamic on their own and it's not like they don't have plenty of help. Between Abby, Ducky and Palmer, it feels like the team has plenty of members these days. Plus, Tony and McGee's bromance has been going so well. Wouldn't it be a shame to see all of that messed up by a new face coming on board?

Robert Wagner is a murder suspect — on NCIS >>

On the other side of the coin, the team has been made up of four people for a long time. Do fans really want to see a team of three forever? As much fun as it is to have just the three guys, it is definitely great to have the female point of view to offset them. The show has already given fans the uptight, tough, sort of goody-two shoes in Kate, and then gave them the mysterious, tough girl in Ziva. What kind of tough girl (because, let's face it, of course she will be tough) will Bishop be?

What do you think of the news that Ziva's replacement has been found on NCIS? Are you ready to accept someone new on the team?

Image courtesy of CBS

Comments

Comments on "Wow! Has NCIS found Ziva's replacement too soon?"

Jennie March 28, 2014 | 9:58 PM

Bishop is all wrong for NCIS.She acts like a little girl who is trying to prove she is as good as "she" thinks she is.NCIS has had many female guests on in the past with various Gov.Agencies, any one of them would be fantastic replacements for Ziva...but this girl...no way!! She just does not fit with the cast or with the show! Sorry,but the truth can be bitter! Hope you get rid of her soon or you might be losing two of your most faithful fans who have never missed an episode.

Barb March 26, 2014 | 11:23 AM

I think Bishop was a BIG mistake. Doesn't fit in with the cast at all. Last night's line, "Three letter word for mistake - HER." described it perfectly. Find someone real, please.

Dianna March 26, 2014 | 11:22 AM

I loved NCIS with Ziva and was saddened when she left. I agree with previous posts that Bishop does not have the personality that shows intelligence, aggressiveness and NCIS defense techniques so necessary in adding suspense and drama to the show. The last episode was full of the "good old boys approach" to telling a story. Part of Tony's character was built upon the sparing between him and Ziva...how can we get that with a married NCIS agent. Sadly, the show's future does not look promising.

Marlo March 26, 2014 | 10:46 AM

I have tried but I just cannot get behind this new character, Bishop. She seems as if she is just out of high school, is too quirky, cannot act, and always has a frown on her face. Her character just does not fit in with the rest of the show's cast. Her character is not believable. I could go on, but what's the use? The show needs a super tough character to replace Bishop. She is too childlike. Please find a replacement NCIS. I am sure your ratings have dropped dramatically.

Sherry March 12, 2014 | 6:35 PM

I've tried to give Bishop a chance, but it just isn't working. Ziva was a power player, a very dangerous agent. If I ever went anywhere, I would want Ziva watching my back, protecting me. She had skills Gibbs doesn't even have with the martial arts, self defense, knife skills--plus she was 30 years younger. To any bad guy--Ziva was the biggest physical threat. Bishop is a stick figure--weak, thin boned, delicate looking--can she run, shoot, really disable a bad guy and make it look believable? I don't think so.

terry March 11, 2014 | 8:20 PM

This new character is awful. She acts like she doesn't have a brain in body and then comes across as a super NCIS. She doesn't fit in with the others. Her personality is blah and NCIS needs someone acts with a little more professionalism

LARRY FERRERA March 03, 2014 | 6:49 PM

I HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THE NEW DITSY NEWCOMER. SHE ADDS NOTHING TO THE SHOW, AND THE CAST HAS ADJUSTED DOWNWARD TO MAKE HER FIT IN. IF MRS ARCHIE BUNKER WAS STILL ALIVE, SHE WOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS CUTE DUMB BLOND. I USE TO WATCH THE SHOW RELIGIOUSLY, BUT NOW I REFUSE TO WATCH THIS AMATEURISH ATTEMPT TO ENTERTAIN US. I HAVE TALKED TO A LOT OF MY FRIENDS, AND THEY SHARE MY FEELINGS TO THE TEE. SINCE WE ALL ARE NOT WATCHING, YOUR SPONSERS ARE LOSING OUT. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT GIBBS WENT ALONG WITH THIS. SHE MUST BE RELATED TO SOME BIG WIG. DUMP HER. PUT HER ON MATURNITY LEAVE OR SOMETHING. I LOVED THE SHOW, BUT NO MORE.

Carrie February 25, 2014 | 6:20 PM

It's not that it's too soon. It's just that this character does not work. Ziva fit in right from the start, but this one just doesn't.

jim February 22, 2014 | 2:31 PM

its just a story, Next it will be bring back Kate

Deb February 11, 2014 | 9:53 AM

Don't like Parsons at all. Way to weak for the role. Bring back ZEVA. It can happen!

Rachel C February 03, 2014 | 7:17 PM

I think that Ziva needs to come back! It's not the same without her, when she left I cried! I don't think it should get filled. Think they should leave it as it is and see is Ziva comes back. The boys aren't the same! I love NCIS watched all off the epasoids have them all on DVD and I really do think no one should replace Ziva.

sjdls January 28, 2014 | 10:22 AM

Bishop is in no way a good fit for the team, way to boaring, no acting skills and really does not add anything to the show....they need another character with the team qualities, not some just plain silly character...what were you at NBC thinking....awfull replacement

grace January 17, 2014 | 2:05 PM

I love Ziva I miss her no one can take her place

Joan F January 14, 2014 | 6:46 PM

I have been watching NCIS since it began and am thoroughly disappointed in the direction it has taken. Miss Ziva but the problem goes deeper. The show is taking a nose dive. Plot lines are senseless, characters disconnected and quite frankly our Bishop is not their only problem. However, she does need to be replaced. Sitting on floors, desks, eating celery, questioning Gibbs orders doesn't work for me. She is not believable and doesn't blend with the team.

Milton Wedman December 22, 2013 | 8:56 AM

I hesitate to be mean to the Bishop character on the eve of Christmas, BUT honestly do the writer have NO RESPECT at all for the fans. This Bishop brings nothing to the Team- THE Team that always finds their man - THIS ELITE TEAM - she does not belong on this Team - I think she could work in the Office somewhere - maybe the MAIL ROOM - but as an Agent - she is all wrong. Who sits on the floor to work ? The writers are making her so 'different' from a normal person - it almost makes her look like she has issues - and when she won't take an order from her Boss - IT IS EVIDENT ! I gave her a fair chance - she is NOT UP TO THE JOB - nor is the actress...there is NOTHING special about her acting or her look. How disappointing. I knew it was going to be hard to step into Ziva's shoes - BUT this Blondie - she is making it obvious that Tony and Tim have been forever ALTERED since her arrival - and NOT for the better. Give Bishop her walking papers. F A S T

vivien December 19, 2013 | 10:51 AM

Not sure about the Bishop character. Don't particularly like the way the writers have let her "over think" Gibbs. Now that she has made such a bold entry into the show, can't imagine how writers can readjust her role and make it seem that the character, Bishop, will be an emoionally positive addition to the cast as well as being a "bright" young thing. Even though Ziva's character was a super strong female figure, you always felt warmth from her. It'll be up to the writers, really. But for now my vote is "No."

Chuck December 19, 2013 | 1:17 AM

DON'T LIKE HER. she has been running the show since she arrived, and telling Gibb's what to do WTF!!

jo December 17, 2013 | 5:28 PM

The new girl doesn't fit in. All of a sudden everyone on the team is acting 'cutsie'...even Gibbs! Wrong fit; better to leave Ziva's spot empty.

Saddle Up November 28, 2013 | 6:58 PM

Ziva's eight years with NCIS casts a long shadow. NCIS without her isn't NCIS. Whether you liked the character they designed for her in the scripts they gave Cote to work with or not, Ziva had a big impact on each story. Time to move on. It's over. Watch her best reruns.

Avery Crawford November 19, 2013 | 7:18 PM

Ncis will never be the same without Ziva. The new girl don't seem to fit. I saw a hint she might be . The scene where she is at home there was a female past in the back ground. Tony mentioned at the first part of the show about her wedding ring. She got defensive about it. Just noticed.