He Dumped Her And So Did "A Few Others"

The world is familiar with Taylor Swift's dating history and her high-profile breakups, but her ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas thought he'd shed some light on them anyway.

Joe Jonas mocks Taylor Swift's dating historyTaylor Swift has become almost as widely known for her singing and songwriting abilities as she is for her string of high-profile breakups.

Her romances include stars such as Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer and most recently Harry Styles, the inspiration behind her hit track I Knew You Were Trouble.

Who's Hotter? Jonas Brothers edition >>

In fact, her ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas chose to shed some humor on the situation during an interview with E!'s Fashion Police.

The star dated Swift in 2008 and broke up with her in a record-breaking time, 27 seconds to be exact!

When Joan Rivers asked about his ex-girlfriend and her dating history during an interview with Jonas, he decided it was the perfect opportunity to have a little dig at the country singer.

Rivers asked, "Joe, you're the one who dumped Taylor Swift?"

To which The Jonas Brothers star responded, "I think it's me and a few others, but yeah."

At the time of the breakup Swift infamously revealed that she had been dumped in a 27-second phone call. Ouch!

In an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Swift said, "It was, like, a record, I think, for how quick. I looked at the call log — it was like 27 seconds. That's got to be a record."

"It's all right — I'm cool. You know what, it's like, when I find that person that is right for me, he'll be wonderful. When I look at that person, I'm not even going to remember the boy who broke up with me over the phone in 27 seconds when I was 18."

It is no secret that Swift continues to make millions out of her songs about heartbreak, which have all been based on inspiration from her ex-partners.

After her breakup with Joe, Swift poured her heart out into a song titled You're Not Sorry, which detailed the pair's split.

Rivers continued to press him, saying, "You did it over the phone, and you got three songs written about you."

Kevin Jonas thought that would be an opportune moment to chime in and joked, "We still haven't seen the royalty check. It's weird."

You would think that Swift would have learned her lesson by now.

Although, all that heartbreak has paid off, because Swift has made it into the 2014 Guinness World Records.

As People reports, Swift made it into the book as "First Solo Female with Two Million-Selling Weeks on the U.S. Albums Chart."

Way to go, Taylor!

Photo credit: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Joe Jonas laughs at Taylor Swift's dating history"

Alphonso October 28, 2013 | 1:00 AM

Joe is awesome! I like Taylor too, but hey they were just kids when they were together...it would have been like experiment and experience time for both of them, and Taylor got three songs out of it. That's a pretty good return, so don't go dissing Joe, he's a cool guy. I only hope he knows what he is doing with his brothers and that it works out the best for them, they are all good boys...

Yanna October 04, 2013 | 8:28 PM

You're such a jerk Joe. I liked you for you have the looks and talents but talking about your personality and attitude, I think I should think again. It's not proper for a guy to dump a girl. And seeing you also broke up with Demi is unforgivable. :(

SwiftCat October 03, 2013 | 5:01 AM

Ugh! Joe Jonas is just using Taylor's name for fame. The "Jonas Brothers" aren't really THAT popular anymore and Joe is just trying to use Taylor to get more popular?! Seriously? That was like 5 years ago. Just shut up, Joe. I dislike Joe for what he did to Taylor and Demi. Joe is an idiot. Also, TAYLOR LAUTNER DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT dump Taylor. And, "You're Not Sorry" wasn't for Joe. That's all I have to say.

MCRC September 22, 2013 | 8:31 AM

I've been a fan of Taylor Swift and Joe Jonas but when they broke up and I knew what Joe did to Taylor. I hated him since then. How come a guy would do such thing as that? It seems to me that respect and manners were not taught to him even in preschool. He's such a player and he breaks up with every girl he's had relationship with. Well, when Camilla dumped him I hope he felt the same way that Taylor felt. If he keeps on doing that, I don't think so that he can settle with the right girl. What goes around comes around. To Taylor and Demi, I know you've been hurt but cheer up! You both are more talented and popular. You will find the right man for the both of you. We love you Demi and Taylor! From your fans here in the Philippines. Mabuhay!

oldswifty September 14, 2013 | 1:05 PM

Dating is just what women in thier 20s do. I really believe that a lot of men are intimidated by her. because she is so successful. And possibly even envious. These (so called "players") will over come the intimidation factor just to get a piece of her and then leave. I'ts sad I really hope that she does find the right person one day. Unfortunatly, She is a Romantic. She sees everything all the way to the alter, She gets her heart broken easily. A good quality for a woman to have. She picks up the pieces and carries on very well. She's got plenty of time. When she meets the one ,I hope he's good to her . She's worth it. A good one Gonna make a man very happy one day

Aine September 14, 2013 | 10:45 AM

Oh come on Joe! You broke up 5 years ago, why are you still talking about her like that?

tiffany September 12, 2013 | 8:14 AM

Excuse me Joe, you don't really have a great dating history yourself. You treated Demi Lovato like crap, and have gone through as many relationships if not more than Taylor. So glad you have to use her name to try to stay in the headlines since your singles you and your brothers have released have flopped.

Susan September 12, 2013 | 8:11 AM

Joe--Once a -----, always a -----

Pointypoints September 12, 2013 | 5:53 AM

This is a huge mix-up. guys don't listen to this Joe Jonas guy. saying those mean things about Taylor. oh come on men grow up all ready and be a gentleman. treat girls the right way to treat them. you're just jealous of her achievements. Making her reputation some bad insights. If I were you I should've let go Taylor. think of your words men. I respect you but this Is ways too far.

BBJ September 12, 2013 | 2:50 AM

"You're Not Sorry," was not the song written for Joe. It was "Forever and Always." If you're going to write an article at least have your details double checked. Makes the writer look like an idiot. The Jonas Brothers have to use Taylor's name to make the news because their isn't anything keeping them in the limelight, and that is the bigger laughing matter at hand not their little jabs at Taylor who has become bigger than they ever imagined.

Charles D. Windham September 11, 2013 | 8:17 PM

Joe Jonas is a true jerk,and time will tell what a real ------- he is. Taylor Swift may have not had a lot of good relationships,but one day the right man will come around that will be a gentlemen to her,and win her heart for good. I have faith in her. She is a smart talented singer,entertainer that runs her whole business on her own. She writes music,plans all her business,and she will always succeed in life. There will of course be some things that you don't succeed as well,but she will always be good. I wish her the best in this life,and in Life after this earthly life. I truly hope she is a Christian,and has Eternal Life with Jesus Christ Our Lord,and Saviour.

Nick September 11, 2013 | 6:09 PM

I'm sorry, but Joe Jonas has no room to jab at the way other people treat their partners after that stunt he pulled during his 2010 concert tour with demi Lovato. He dumped Demi Lovato, who was going through a deep depression at the time, and then had his new gal pal Ashley Greene tag along and was banging her from one state to the next. All the while Demi was cutting herself and throwing up her food. She eventually had a nervous breakdown and had to go to rehab, where she received no support from Joe, who was supposedly her "best friend". Taylor Swift is a joke, but Joe Jonas is a complete -------