What To Expect On The Season Finale And More

This season Eric had his heart broken by Sookie, watched his sister die, saved everyone from Vamp Camp and then flew off into the sky. What else is there left for our favorite vampire sheriff to do?

Eric in True Blood

Of all the True Blood cast members, Alexander Skarsgård has been able to make the movie blockbuster rise to fame. From Battleship to his recent indie flick The East, the actor seems to have quite the promising career ahead of him. (Okay, yeah, Battleship wasn't the best film... but it did have a budget somewhere in the range of $200 million.)

Top 10 things we want on True Blood's season finale >>

Now Eric's flown off into the sky on True Blood, perhaps because Skarsgård's got a really busy schedule this upcoming year. He's off to tackle a role in the much-anticipated movie The Giver, and slated to star in a remake of Tarzan. Or maybe True Blood is just trying to psych us out and the lovable Eric will be back sooner than we think (contracts willing).

Rumors have been swirling since the start of Season 6 that Eric wasn't going to make it through the season. Showrunner Brian Buckner has said openly that one principal character won't make it through, but after Terry's death the future of the other cast members became unclear.

True Blood's Michael McMillian talks the end of Steve >>

In an interview with Access Hollywood, Kristen Bauer Van Straten (Pam) seemed to get emotional when asked about working with Alexander Skarsgård but, of course, refused to confirm or deny the rumors that he would be returning for Season 7.

Maybe he's just taking a bit of a break? The way the show ended last episode seems to suggest that he won't be returning for the finale, but perhaps the show left it open-ended for future appearances. Unless we see him burst into the bloody mess of the true death, we're not ruling anything out.

The season finale of True Blood airs this Sunday at 9/8c on HBO.

Images courtesy of HBO

Comments

Comments on "True Blood : Will Eric return?"

Austin August 19, 2013 | 12:56 AM

If Eric is really dead, I'm done with this show. I will have no reason to watch it. Unless Bill goes crazy again or something.

Leta GothWitch August 18, 2013 | 9:25 PM

There was no conclusive ending as far as Eric goes. I think if they were going to kill him it wouldn't have been left so up in the air. I mean he at least has to come back next season to answer those questions. There aren't just going to disappear his character without further explaination. I feel like I'm talking myself into believe it, but I'm trying to get past the searing after finale headache that's dancing the cha cha on my forehead. I would miss Eric, but I'd still watch and follow Alexander Skarsgård career where ever he went. As a storyteller, I just don't see them ending him without any further mention of him, it doesn't make sense.

Dee August 18, 2013 | 8:35 PM

If eric dies I will never watch the show again

Patryk August 18, 2013 | 7:33 PM

I wont watch this ---- anymore... that crazy mother------ put Eric to die, go to hell...

katey August 18, 2013 | 9:49 AM

Don't get the Eric thing or the fairy blood. All I could think was that the higher he flew, the closer to the sun he would be, and just how long does fairy blood last anyway? That was a very weird ending and made no sense at all, but then neither does a lot of the writing this season. It's been almost painful to watch in areas. Last weeks funeral/end of Vampire imprisonment was annoying. No one really cared that much about the Terry storyline. Seemed like they were just stalling. The Sookie character this season is irritating and so sad. Her head is certainly not into her acting. The whole Warlow storyline is beyond stupid and anything fairy world is just embarrassing to watch. It's crossed OVER the line into hokey,so maybe...just maybe, it's a good thing Alex might be leaving the show. Maybe the svensk poika knows when it's time to leave. I will say though that remaking Tarzan is even more stupid than this season.

cheryldearing August 17, 2013 | 6:05 PM

need to have eric back and sookie turn

Denorth August 17, 2013 | 6:34 AM

Please don't go Eric! We need you to put Warlow craps to an end. How I miss seeing Eric and Sookie get together in one scene.

aolani08 August 16, 2013 | 3:28 PM

I hope he does he has a huge fan base and his storyline was the show....at least we knew the who, what, why, and when concerning vamp camp. The other storylines sat around waiting to happen and he grabbed vamp camp by the horns and made it happen. Bill was too engrossed in trying to day walk. Warlow was too busy having a pity party in cemefairy it was disheartening and funny watching Sookie stick her wrist in his mouth like a pacifier and whatever he did to Sookie to stop her melo dramatics can he give Eric some pointers although we love Eric and Sookie because they were the closest to being a couple without actually being in a relationship. They called one another on their BS and respected one another's space. Pam was too busy throwing her temper tantrums jealous insecure Pam is wasted energy and it is not cute...Eric still has to teach Willa how to embrace her new life but life got in the way. I think Eric is going to figure this Warlow crap out and show up during the jump. I love True Blood and put my one cents in whenever I am able but what I can't do is a full season or half a season without him sorry the man is all man and the real deal mcmcoy brains, braun, and looks. Grat personality inside and out