Could Daryl End Up With... Beth??

Fans have been clamoring for it, but will a romance between Daryl and Carol finally happen in The Walking Dead Season 4?

The Walking Dead - Will Daryl and Carol ever hook up?The Walking Dead Season 4 premiere is still two months away, but one question that a lot of fans seem to be asking is: When are Daryl and Carol going to hook up?

The Walking Dead Season 4 spoilers: Let's do the time warp >>

Daryl and Carol: Meant to be?

It's hard to believe, but back in the first season, Daryl (Norman Reedus) was portrayed as a mean, squirrel-hunting hick. He was only out for himself (OK, and maybe his brother) and didn't give a rat's butt about anybody else.

Back then, Carol (Melissa McBride) was portrayed as the meek wife of an abusive husband, whose only thought was to keep her little girl alive.

Cut to last season and both characters have changed a lot. Daryl is now a guy who is a full member of the group and often takes on a leadership role with Rick when it's necessary. For her part, Carol (who sadly lost her daughter to the walkers), is now a strong member of the group as well and isn't afraid to fight for anything.

This hilarious Walking Dead video will make your day >>

Throughout the seasons, fans have watched as Daryl and Carol have grown closer. They've savored every scene that the two characters shared that could be seen as romantic and are now clamoring for Daryl and Carol to finally hook up.

Daryl could end up with... Beth??

While it's possible that fans will finally see a Daryl and Carol hookup in Season 4, some recent (and disturbing) news has come to light that may put out those Daryl and Carol romantic flames.

First of all, there's the way that Norman Reedus answered a question about Beth. When asked by Comicbook.com how he would feel about a Daryl and Beth hookup, Reedus said, "I can't tell you that, but god she's cute, so fingers crossed."

Plus, there's a little moment in The Walking Dead Season 4 trailer that seems to suggest that those two characters might be getting closer. Check out the moment at the 3:52 mark and see what you think.

What does this mean? Could it just be that Beth is simply going to have a crush on Daryl? That could make sense given that she is, after all, just a teenager on the show. Or could it be that something more serious could happen between them?

The Walking Dead Season 3 finale wrap-up >>

The Walking Dead Season 4 premieres on Sunday, Oct. 13 at 9/8c on AMC.

Images courtesy of AMC

More Walking Dead

Walking Dead star becomes a Guardian of the Galaxy
Walking Dead promotes 3 actors for Season 4
Why The Walking Dead wins with women

Tags: norman reedus

Comments

Comments on "The Walking Dead : Will Daryl and Carol ever happen?"

Joy March 24, 2014 | 11:24 AM

I like Carol but she has gotten so manly (she has that dyke hairdo) and she was never very feminine to begin with, remember Axel thought she was a in a conversation at the prison before he was shot. Beth is very pretty and I would think more physically appealing to a man like Daryl.

Scabbers March 10, 2014 | 1:19 PM

Daryl should absolutely be with Beth. The age thing really is irrelevant considering the world they're living. In our society its considered wrong but in their world, I see it as a chance for the them to have a little happiness in their otherwise crappy lives. Plus I think Daryl connects with Beth in a way I haven't seen him do with Carol. Carol is to much of a motherly figure to Daryl. The two of them are clearly friends and nothing more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Daryl and Beth.

S. March 04, 2014 | 2:54 PM

Carol. Daryl and Carol are two peas in a pod. They've been through SO much together. I still get emotional over remembering how Daryl tried to help find Sophie and then gave Carol the flower. Beth is still very much a child.

Cindy Errington February 17, 2014 | 9:23 PM

Darryl and Carol are an awesome couple....love them both and they so deserve each other.....I sure hope to see them both in many episodes to come and see them together. :)

sarah todd February 10, 2014 | 6:43 AM

none of them. Beth is too young and i honestly can't see anything between Daryl and Carol.i don't know what others are seeing, but i have not noticed or picked up on anything that would suggest something is gonna happen with him and Carol. she clearly has a crush but as far as i can tell he don't seem to feel the same.i really hope the Caryl lovers are wrong cos it would kinda spoil it for me. would rather see him with someone like Michone or someone new.

Sarah February 05, 2014 | 6:41 PM

Carol understands Daryl way better than Beth could ever hope to. They have a strong connection and love each other deeply..but like he said, Carol needs to make the first move which may happen when she comes back in the second half of season 4.

Sarah January 28, 2014 | 6:49 PM

Daryl and Beth... because if I was Beth, I'd be alllll over that. And it just makes more sense to me, in general. I just don't like the idea of Daryl and Carol. Their relationship seems more like that of a sister/brother or mother/son. But that's just me.

Keli Gallicchio January 23, 2014 | 2:59 PM

Daryl has been there for Carol and he wants to know what happening all the time with her. She has the empathy Daryl needs and he has the integrity she desires.

NunNo December 18, 2013 | 5:27 PM

To be honest I think Carol and Daryl don't match well ... but it's a possibility that they end up together .

ElaineChen December 09, 2013 | 6:13 AM

personally, i never doubted the relationship between DARYL and CAROL. if u watched the show from season 1, u definitely can understand how they care about each other and why. it is obvious that Daryl loves her.i dont even get why someone says that there is the connection between BETH and DARYL...

debbieb22 November 12, 2013 | 7:26 AM

i think that glenn should be killed off and maggie should start datin rick and then something should happen between maggie and daryl and then it puts a huge strain on rick and daryl's friendship when rick finds out that could be a great story cause daryl is hot and maggie is gorgeous

Daisy November 10, 2013 | 2:49 AM

Can I vote 'neither'? I think none of the current characters. I think they're a family and they've got enough to deal with as a group already. If they want a match for Daryl they need to bring someone in for that, and in my opinion not someone who needs saving. It would frankly just annoy me if it was like "manly man, now let's match it to a random vagina in near proximity" - I'd like to think it would have already happened if that was organic, but it would just be forced.

Hahaha October 20, 2013 | 2:48 PM

I think Daryl should hook up with Carol and Rick should hook up with Beth. Or Michonne. Not sure.

deana October 19, 2013 | 8:04 PM

eli-you said it best. people love daryl-hell hes awesome. Most people want hot action guy with hot,young chick. I think beth is more likely than Carol. I think it will be hes swooping in to save her and love follows. Melissa Mcbride is beautiful, kind and awesome actress. the amount of bashing she get is sick. she and Norman are few years apart. she doesn't look that old and he doesn't look that young. THERE WS NEVER MOTHER SON INTERACTION, sibs maybe

Eli October 17, 2013 | 7:57 PM

Love the idea of Daryl and Carol until you notice romance doesn't seem to fare well for characters unless your Glenn and Maggie. If it gets one of them killed then I don't want it and I could see them killing my girl Carol before Daryl. Love Norman but frustrated with his overly anti Carol/Daryl romance. As far back as Season 1 and early 2 interviews of a possible love interest with Carol he rejected it saying no too many characters are hooking up. Fine, understandable. Season 2 and 3 he says no, they are just two damaged people gravitating toward each other, no romance there at all he doesn't want it. Saying Daryl is too damaged for a relationship and he seems to shoot the idea down almost immediately, only occasionally saying if it happens it happens but mostly big fat NO. Any flirting Carol does with Daryl he immediately says stop or blows her off. Now with Beth, much younger actress, in some people eyes, not mine, prettier. No offense but her eyes and facial expressions look blank to me, love her singing but not much else. Carol, her eyes beautiful, she's beautiful to me, her acting and delivery I love, her character I've liked from the beginning even when people saw her as weak. And his teasing of Beth saying, oh she's cute fingers crossed annoys me because he's fought the idea of Daryl and Carol for 4 seasons now but instantly seems to approve of Daryl and Beth . Norman Reedus has kissed a man in scenes before, slept with his characters mother in a movie before, I'm sure he can make a relationship with Carol work on screen if he wasn't so against it.

Sunka October 15, 2013 | 6:33 AM

I want Daryl to be happy, but i just dont think he and carol is good. she is almost like a dear friend or a mother figure. i cant seriously sse them togheter. i cant see that. it my be childish but if they get togheter i will not see anymore TWD it would kill the personage of daryl, he may be more open but i cant see him having a relationship right now. he is better alone with a few close friends or then lets have a new personage in the show where they can start slow. (very slow xb)

Batty October 13, 2013 | 4:00 PM

Wow I haven't watched since the end of the first season ( it felt so slow sometimes) but he did not look that old.He does not look that old. Carol looks way older than he is. He looks in his mid thirties. Interesting to hear other peoples take on it. I don't know Beth she is too young but carol looks too old too.

GISELLE TWD September 02, 2013 | 9:32 PM

I have nothing against Beth adore it but not Daryl apart would look bad with the 3 seasons Daryl was developed to ultimately come this Beth and take it away ... NO NO AND NO DARYL AND CAROL BETH IS WELL WITH CARL would look

TygrLily August 31, 2013 | 2:03 PM

Love the DARYL character, but when he stands next to Beth it accentuates the fact that he is nearly 50 years old. I think the producers are fully aware that to see someone his age with lines and undereye bags sucking the face off an 18 year-old would sicken most of the audience. They aren't that stupid.

Tygrlily August 31, 2013 | 1:52 PM

The writers have spent 3 seasons turning Daryl into a "man of honor" so how could they now suddenly turn him into a middle-aged 43 year-old dirtbag who would mess with a kid and, Yes, he is 42 or 43 depending on the character's birthday. If you're one of those fans who think he's a 28 year-old rock star go back to season 2 when Daryl hallucinates Merle and Merle says, "I've spent 40 years trying to make you a man." It's now season 4, so tack on 2-3 years. Daryl is no middle-aged dirtbag. It won't be Beth.