He Said He'd "Think Of Anyone Else"

Russell Brand and Katy Perry's break-up was not mutual, and it looks like he is still out to make her feel bad about falling in love with him.

Katy Perry Russell Brand Katy Perry and Russell Brand had a whirlwind romance, and it was over almost as soon as it began. Just 14 months after the couple’s marriage in October 2010, Brand filed for divorce.

The singer later admitted that Brand broke up with her via text message, and never spoke to her again.

"He's a very smart man, and I was in love with him when I married him," she told Vogue back in June. "Let's just say I haven't heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me on December 31, 2011."

Is a baby responsible for Katy Perry and Russell Brand's split? >>

But it doesn’t look like Brand is giving up on bashing Perry nearly two years after the last time he spoke with her. The comedian recently performed at a theater in London and he reportedly made a joke at her expense.

“When I got divorced, I considered becoming a monk," he said, according to the Huffington Post. "When you’re a monk, you’re not allowed to have sex with anyone. When you’re married, it’s one person. That’s one more than a monk. It’s not that different. I’d be having sex thinking, 'Think of anyone, anyone else.'"

Brand spoke with Esquire in June and elaborated on his marriage with Perry. He hinted that, at the time, there were things he found more important than his wife.

"I really think she’s a lovely beautiful person," he said. "It’s just hard isn’t it? She’s got a lot of options, I’ve got a lot of options, so you’ve got to really, really want it."

Katy Perry's marriage "shaky from the get-go" >>

Brand may be saying he didn’t want it bad enough, but he promises he was monogamous the entire time he was with her.

Perry recently told Elle UK she has been with some "challenging men". Having been with Brand and John Mayer may make that the understatement of the year. She has signed on to write a book about her life, and we are likely to hear much more about her life with Russell Brand.

Photo credit: WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Russell Brand dishes on sex with Katy Perry, and it's not good"

Sassyone October 07, 2013 | 1:51 PM

I think Katy Perry is much better off without Russel Brand. He is too immature for her. I wished he would leave her alone, and go with his simple-self! Russell Brand is pathetic, and ruined what could have been a good thing. He's lucky she even gave him the time of day!

Jerseysmlltours October 06, 2013 | 9:12 AM

How old is this little minx? She has been publicized/rumored to be dating/hooking up with every guy on tour for the last 3-5 years. Oh yeah and she got married for awhile even if they had to break-up over the text..not much of a "marriage"...Just sayin'

CFBarb September 28, 2013 | 4:15 PM

Never heard of this guy until ne and Katy Perry married. Why after being divorced for 2 years is it necessary to revisit their marriage. He sounds like he has issues and needs professional help. Move on Mr. Brand move on. Get a life.

hazelgreen September 27, 2013 | 7:31 AM

I think that Russell is a SLEAZY SLEAZEBALL! I get the creeps just looking at him--and now to be so arrogant and egomaniacal as to the things he's saying about someone who he supposedly loved enough to marry, is downright discusting! If, in fact, he HAS said these things, he doesn't DESERVE to have a relationship because he is void of any ethics or social responsibility whatsoever. Simply he needs professional help to work thru his ISSUES. Katy is plain LUCKY to be rid of this pig. Just sayin.

suthentikos September 06, 2013 | 4:59 AM

Are we supposed to sympathise with Katy? She chose to marry Russel Brand for f's sake!! The guy is well known as a talentless loser desperate to sleep around because nobody would kiss him when he was a teenager. How pathetic!

con August 08, 2013 | 6:19 AM

katy perry is a person who had the extreme misfortune to be his wife. an error of judgement if ever there was one. still, I guess it raised his profile in America, so job done. what kind of man then ridicules his ex wife, especially in the department? the sort of man is brand who only has space in his life for one true love - himself.