In Dec. Warner Bros. will release the biggest fantasy film of the year. Prepare yourself for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It's the highly anticipated follow-up to last year's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
Last July, director Peter Jackson took some of the film's cast to San Diego Comic-Con to promote its arrival. But The Desolation of Smaug won't get the same treatment.
Jackson has confirmed that Comic-Con is a no-go. According to Access Hollywood, he posted a video on his official Facebook page breaking the news. He said, “I told Warners that I just really wasn’t ready to present anything of The Desolation of Smaug at Comic-Con this year.”
Jackson continued, “We’re still shooting and we’re gonna be shooting through the period of Comic-Con, so we looked at what actors we could send to make a really cool panel. There wasn’t really anybody available. I can’t go.”
If you're a die-hard Hobbit fan, this must be heartbreaking to learn. But try looking at the glass half full. Jackson is using the extra time to make the movie better. We'll take a polished, finished product over a few minutes of early footage.
“This is the last ditch shooting that we’re doing and it’s going fantastic and these are gonna be great movies and I just had to take the Comic-Con burden, if you like, off my shoulders,” he said.
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug opens in theaters Dec. 13.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!