Paula Deen Can't
Catch A Break

Paula Deen just lost two more sponsors: Walmart and Caesars Entertainment.

Paula Deen fired from Walmart

Paula Deen's media empire continues to crumble around her.

Two more sponsors announced that they're cutting ties with the Southern chef — Caesars Entertainment and Walmart — in the fallout of her racial slur scandal.

Bentonville, Arkansas-based Walmart sold thousands of Deen-branded products including cookware and food in their 4,000-plus stores.

That's all over... at least for now.

"We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed," a Walmart spokesman said in a curt statement.

Paula Deen: Racist? Yes, says lawsuit >>

Caesars Entertainment — who operated four Deen restaurants in casinos across the country — was a bit more complimentary in their announcement.

"While we appreciate Paula’s sincere apologies for statements she made in her past… we have mutually decided that it is in the best interests of both parties to part ways at this time," representative Jan Jones Blackhurst said in a statement.

The news comes days after the Food Network ended their contract with the butter-loving chef, prompting a massive fan revolt online. Smithfield Foods also announced the end of their relationship with Deen on Tuesday.

The 66-year-old is pressing on, though. She made good on her missed Today Show appearance with a tearful interview with Matt Lauer.

Can anything get Paula Deen out of hot water? >>

"I believe that every creature on this earth, every one of God's creatures, was created equal," Deen told Lauer. "I believe that everyone ought to be treated equal."

"I've had to hold friends in my arms while they've sobbed," Deen added, sobbing herself. "Because they know what's being said about me — it's not true. And I'm having to comfort them, and tell them it's going to be all right. If God got us to it, he'll get us through it."

We have to wonder: Will fans also call for a Walmart boycott?

Tell us

Will you boycott Walmart for dropping Paula Deen?

Sound off below!

Photo credit: WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Walmart to Paula Deen: We're through with you, too"

Josephine Thiede July 21, 2013 | 4:27 PM

I quit shopping at Walmart Target,JCPennys,Home Depot any store that boycotts Paula. I have e-mailed them all. We can be called crackers, honkies and a lot other names I as a lady won't repeat. This political crap has gone to far. This country is being divided and most people don't care. They won't until it effects them. This country is headed for a big fall thanks to the racial divide caused by those people who make something out of a remark made over 20 YEARS ago.

Beckaroo59@juno.com July 07, 2013 | 2:18 PM

Goodbye Walmart and all the others who dropped Paula....Sick of WM and their filthy stores and restrooms....and now they want us to self-check!!! lmao........making more money for the rich Walton family!!! Who in the South who was born during Paula's day hasn't said the N word....but it is ok to say the F word and flip the birdie!!! What a screwed up world this is....it is all about money money!

GARY SMITH July 04, 2013 | 1:31 PM

I ALWAYS STARTED MY SATURDAY MORNINGS OFF WITH GOING OUT TO EAT AND THEN GOING TO WALMART BECAUSE OF THE GREAT DEALS THAT THEY HAVE BUT I WILL NO LONGER SHOP AT WALMART BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY DONE TO PAULA DEEN.

lj July 04, 2013 | 1:27 PM

I too have lived without "chain" stores and will not shop at any store boycotting Paula Dean. I had a large JC Penny order ready to submit on line--just found out they also boycotted Paula so I dropped the order today. The hundreds I spent per year at Walmart is no longer. This is a good time to see what you can really live without. God Bless Paula and her family--they are good people.

Vrina July 01, 2013 | 9:11 PM

Guess all these business's believe the public cannot think and decide for themselves what products we want to buy. More convenient to shop online anyway.

Bryan Bell July 01, 2013 | 11:32 AM

I'm not a big Paula Deen fan, but I'm going to stop shopping at any and all stores that are kicking her to the curb. The public has started to follow the media like pied-pipers (example: Trayvon Martin). If these stores are dumb--- followers like others are....I'm through with you!!

Liz Moore July 01, 2013 | 9:10 AM

I do not shop at Walmart. There bathrooms are filfty and the customer service is horrible. Paula Deen does not need to sell her products at such a low cost store. I got tired of half dressed women and children not being watched. It is like a day care without supervision.

Skyler June 30, 2013 | 8:56 PM

---- that, Wal-Mart is the best place to shop. I'm not going to stop shopping there in support of some crazy ------- old ----- with a really annoying southern accent.

Edie June 30, 2013 | 7:06 PM

I quit shopping at walmart the day they made there announcement. It feels realy good like kicking an addiction. I'm not going back. I passed Sears and JC Pennys the other day and went to Marshalls. Got everything I need there. I will stand by Paula. JC Pennys is already in financial straps, this just might bring them down.

Chris June 30, 2013 | 11:48 AM

I will no longer shop there until they change. It may be until Hell freezes over but I have lived without big box stores in the past and can do it again!

Michelle June 30, 2013 | 11:20 AM

Walmart, Sears, K-Mart, Home Depot...thank you for saving me over $600 a week.

Mary Skelton June 29, 2013 | 5:03 PM

I support Paula Deen.. I won't be spending the $600 plus I have been spending at Walmart from now on. I can find plenty of other places to shop. It doesn't matter to me if I can't find another place to get her products,and I was never a big fan, but this behavior on the part of all of these organizations is so outrageous, we should all be alarmed. This is destroying a person's life just for saying something insulting, and I don't care if it was 20 years ago or yesterday. That's what a racial slur is "an insult" I do not and will not condone any action against anyone...black or white... that destroys their lives for saying something (freedom of speech, remember). I find it very disturbing that we now live in a country where destroying a person's life seems to be just A-OK. These companies disturb me as well as the media that started this vicious attack. I will boycott all of these companies involved in this craziness.

dy June 29, 2013 | 10:18 AM

If you boycott Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, JCPenney, QVC, KMart, etc, please list the names of the stores where you will shop, and let us know if those stores carry Paula Deen products and have pledged to continue to do so.

The TMD June 29, 2013 | 7:28 AM

I challenge all Paula Deen supporters!!! Don't just talk about it, Do it! If you are your family members, or friends work at Walmart or Sams Club, Quit working there! Don't shop there ever again! Sams club members... don't renew membership! I don't like crowds anyway! Don't come to Target! Quit your Job there! Don't purchase the new Canon T4i there, its time to discount prices, I need a new T.V.! Don't watch Food Network, Shows like, Trisha Yearwood, Racheal Ray, Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, Guy Fieri, Ree Drummond and more. They have got to go! Don't support Smithfield Hams or Any store that continues to sell them, "Winn Dixie, Fresh Market, Kmart" etc. Don't shop at Sears, Kmart or any of those establishments, ( I started boycotting them when the introduced the Kardassian line) Don't shop at Home Depot, (I am in the process of renovating a house so I can use discounted prices there too) Don't shop at J.C. Penney, Don't order anything on QVC (Hell don't support any channel or cable provider that airs QVC) Don't Go to Caesars Palace! (Please don't go there, we need to lighten Up that crowd) In fact Don't Go to Vegas until the Mayor demand that Caesars Make amends with Paula Deen! If you are a Diabetic, Do not use Novo Nordisk until they make a public statement in support of Paula Deen! I support the Boycott!!! You should too! We will just sit back, read Paula Deen old cookbooks, while cooking with butter (and not cooking Smithfield hams). While shopping at convenience, and watching, TRU tv, and Bravo. BTW. We will also refuse to read any new books published at, Ballantine Books or Random House.

ToniJ June 28, 2013 | 11:45 PM

I just sent Walmart's Corporate headquarters an email to let them know I am taking my $500+ per month I used to spend in their stores and will spend them somewhere else. I am so sick of these companies jumping on the media-hype bandwagons because they are trying to appear so politically correct. Give me a break. They'd better re-examine their largest shopping demographic and see who is really spending money in their stores. If it's who they think they're trying to support with this hair-brained decision, then fine. But I doubt it. Alienate whitey and they'll vote with their feet.

c June 28, 2013 | 7:04 PM

I am done with Walmart, Target, Kmart and Sears! Pick and choose who to condemn for using a very disturbing word. Hypocrites!! Check your shelves and I am sure you will find you are supporting others using this language but lets pick on the white woman and praise the others as victims. Shame on you.

diane June 28, 2013 | 1:55 AM

I will also stop shopping at Walmart. Who are they to judge Paula Deen. Maybe they should look in the mirror. Walmart is a hypocrite.

diane June 28, 2013 | 1:51 AM

Gloria June 27, 2013 | 9:30 PM

I am not going to shop at Walmart again because Paula Deen apologized, but Walmart wont forgive her. I usually spend an average of $600 to $800 a month at Walmart, but no more. Done with Target too for the same reason. There are other stores where I can spend my money.

Jilliancv June 27, 2013 | 9:13 PM

I spent over 300 a week at Walmart, but not anymore. It's crazy the lengths they are going because she said a word that I hear blacks call each other every day. Double standard exactly. Bet ya still have LilWayne and his flag stomping rap ---- on your shelves...get a clue Walmart and stop trying to score brownie points...the points u are trying to score show up there everyday with their food stamps anyway, so what's the gain...hello target and Fred's...