Are They The Next
Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan?

It has been awhile since we have had an onscreen couple that steals our hearts, time and time again. But with three films together, could Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence be our new favorite movie couple?

Tom Hanks Meg Ryan Bradley Cooper Jennifer Lawrence Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are often considered one of the most famous acting couples of our generation. But the truth is, they have starred in only three movies together.

Hanks and Ryan started their journey in the 1990 film Joe Versus the Volcano. They were seen again in 1993’s Sleepless in Seattle, and 1998’s You’ve Got Mail.

Jennifer Lawrence to star in, produce Rules of Inheritance >>

The pair’s onscreen chemistry is still talked about, even though they haven’t appeared in a film together for 15 years.

Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are one of those couples whose onscreen chemistry is still being talked about, a year after their first performance together in 2012’s Silver Linings Playbook. And they apparently like each other so much that by the end of this year, they will have appeared in as many films together as Hanks and Ryan have.

Cooper and Lawrence are teaming up again for two films, Serena and American Hustle, both due out in 2013.

Could Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence be the next Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? Here are some clues.

They each have their own successful careers outside of their partnerships

Ryan had been in Hollywood for nine years, and Hanks 10 years, before the pair ever worked together. Since their last project, they have both had successful careers and starred in some of their best films.

Cooper may be best known for their parts in franchises (films the other is not involved in). For Cooper, it’s The Hangover, and for Lawrence, The Hunger Games.

They genuinely like each other

"She's unlike really anybody I've worked with," Cooper told ET late last year. "If I could do any movie with her, [I would]. She's incredible… She's so effortless in her beauty and her talent, and I love being around her. She makes everybody better. I love her."

Lawrence has also commented numerous times on her love for Cooper, and their chemistry at awards shows, and onscreen, proves their mutual adoration.

MTV gives Bradley Cooper what the Oscars didn't — an award >>

Ryan and Hanks have remained friends over the years. Two of their three films together were by Nora Ephron, and Hanks starred in a posthumous play by the writer in 2013. Ryan showed up on opening night of Lucky Guy to show her support for the actor.

They are America’s darlings

Ryan and Lawrence can do no wrong. They are the adorable actresses that you can’t help but fall in love with. Hanks and Cooper are timeless actors that we will be hearing about years from now. Although all four actors have definitely done some more risky roles, they all quickly won the hearts of America.

They have never dated each other (as far as we know)

Hanks married Rita Wilson two years before he ever worked with Ryan. Wilson has appeared in numerous films of Hanks’ and the relationship appears to be as strong as ever.

Things with Cooper and Lawrence are a little more complicated. Though both actors have had significant others in the past few years, they have also been single at the same time, at least a few times. There was a rumor a few months ago that Lawrence disliked Cooper’s girlfriend at the time, and wasn’t afraid to tell him. That could be a sign of jealousy, but more likely it was just a good friend protecting her friend’s heart.

However, unlike Ryan and Hanks, we could see Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper together eventually.

Do you think Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are the next Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks? Comment below.

Photos courtesy WENN.com, Visual/WENN.com

Comments

Comments on "Jennifer Lawrence & Bradley Cooper, the new "it" film couple"

Marge Lewis January 14, 2014 | 5:33 AM

I love this Couple I would like them to Make a movie in 2014 Crazy if the don't realize they love each other

???????? October 28, 2013 | 9:36 AM

The most effective strategy for the men you may learn today. ???????? http://www.egy3rb/???-japan-1.html

Rose June 30, 2013 | 12:38 AM

They look great Together ! Hope they are in plenty of movies TOGETHER ! Their chemistry was amazing . Bought SLP. Great movie !

Markie June 27, 2013 | 12:57 PM

I also agree, they should remin firiends and stay together for future movies on screen. They both have the ability to tell each other what to do and tell each other off when they are filming. But best of all, Brad and Jen know how to love each other and put a good movie together. They should remain friends forever!!!

Linda June 12, 2013 | 10:12 AM

OMG.I want Bradly and Jennifer to be together I mean in relationship,they are so so perfect for eachother I love them.They are my favorite actors.I hope that someday will born something between them.I hope, God please make it hapend.

GrammyD June 11, 2013 | 3:55 PM

I agree that chemistry is very important, but without a great story, great acting, great director, chemistry is not going to bring the awards or $$$. Prior to viewing SLP I knew of Bradley Cooper because he was from Philly...Had heard Jennifer's name but nothing more. Great acting from ALL of the actors. I do have to admit that I have a grown son who suffers from Bipolar. SLP script/directing "nails" the behavior along BC's acting. My son is now 36, 6ft tall, light blue eyes and black hair and ran every day for many years...Don't know how he missed the trash bag. SLP has touched my heart more than any other movie I have ever seen and in some way has helped to heal my soul. I have never bought a demand movie prior to SLP. I play the movie everynight..It is like a prayer. Sincerely, GrammyD

Sadie June 11, 2013 | 10:05 AM

Jennifer said something in an interview about wanting a box set w/ Bradley Cooper & I think they got it. It would be nice to see Jennifer & maybe Leonardo Dicaprio, or even James McAvoy combine their talents. Jennifer & Leonardo could easily play brother/sister roles, and James McAvoy is so versatile.

?parawhore? June 11, 2013 | 2:27 AM

I like them but i dont know if she s better with Josh Hutcherson or Bradley Cooper ...

Marie June 10, 2013 | 10:24 PM

Has anyone notice that the 2 pictures up top are almost identical to each other!! And yes I do agree that Bradley and Jennifer reminds me of Tom Meg!! I've said that numerous of times on several sites!!

Pember June 10, 2013 | 9:28 PM

"There was a rumor a few months ago that Lawrence disliked Cooper’s girlfriend at the time, and wasn’t afraid to tell him. That could be a sign of jealousy, but more likely it was just a good friend protecting her friend’s heart" Are you serious? thankfully that was the end otherwise I'd stop reading at that point. They're called TABLOID FABRICATIONS.... ideas tabloids create to get people talking and arguing and, evidently, easily believing their bs. Do you also believe that Jennifer got into verbal arguments with Kristen Stewart or that she slept with Michael Fassbender or that she broke up the guy from Hunger Games and Cyrus, or that her hair is falling out? How naive can you be? and no, I don't think they're anything yet. We've only seen them in one film. We need to see how they do in the rest.

Muzz June 10, 2013 | 4:03 PM

I agree.. It was their chemistry that earned SLP all those awards. $$$

afton June 10, 2013 | 2:01 PM

yes, they look great together