“Glowing skin is a result of proper skincare. It means you can wear less makeup and let skin shine through.”-Michel Coulombe
It has been said that having beautiful skin requires commitment and not a miracle—and for the most part, this is right. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and is the most exposed to outward elements. In this regard, it is only right that you adopt an appropriate skin care routine you would habitually do every day. This will not only keep your skin healthy, but it preserves its natural integrity as well. From ensuring that you only use the right skin care products such as Belo Paraben free skin care lines to eating right.
If you want clean, clear and glowing skin, here are the four golden rules you should always keep in mind:
- There are different skin types
- Everyone has different skin types, so what works for your friend may not work well for you. Be meticulous about the products you choose and select those that are designed for your skin type. Remember, oily skin would not have the same needs as oily skin.
- Do only gentle cleansing
- Even if you do want a thorough cleanse, you would not want to rigorously rub your face if you want to wash it. Gentle washing should be done to cleanse the face. Furthermore, if you have sensitive skin, do not stress it by using a pH-neutral make-up remover so as not to stress it.
- Exfoliation is indispensable
- If you want glowing skin, note that exfoliation is an indispensable aspect in skin care. Work exfoliation into your skin care routine at least two to three times a week. Again, choose a pH-neutral exfoliation product so that it can purify your skin while respecting its natural balance.
- Pay attention to fragile areas
- There are some areas of your skin that are more fragile than the rest (eye contour, lips, etc.) These areas call for special attention considering that they are more sensitive. Specific and appropriate care is called for when focusing on these areas.