If you’re like me, you face both the joys and the challenges of parenthood. Maybe you’re fed up with your child’s outbursts and wonder how many tantrums is too much. Maybe you want to address his misbehavior with empathy and patience. Perhaps you’re struggling with balancing parenthood, work and your home. A few of you might even be parents of twins and need resources.
I began Sleeping Should Be Easy as an online journal about being a mom. I recorded milestones, described outings, and most importantly, I wrote parenting lessons. The blog gained momentum and resonated with other parents going through the same things. Many wrote to me, saying that posts I’d written helped them handle their own conflict with their kids. Others admitted they felt frustrated with parenting and found answers to their problems in my blog. Friends in my ‘real life’ who read the blog came to me with questions, looking for advice.
Who am I?
I’m Nina, a 36-year-old mom to three boys—a six-year-old and three-year-old twins. I’ve been happily married to my husband for seven years. I’m a Southern Cali girl, hence some references to beautiful weather and unbelievable traffic (they’re all true). I hold a bachelor’s degree in graphic design. I cook almost every night—and actually like it.
I also wrote ebooks, physical books and workbooks about parenting, twins and helping children learn. Scroll to the top and click ‘shop’ to see my latest projects!
In addition to parenting, some of the topics I’m passionate about include:
- Our food systems: growing and buying local food.
- Personal finance: learning how to live with enough, living frugally and finding ways to earn more income.
- Social justice: supporting women and girls especially in the developing world.
- Psychology and sociology: learning about how we behave and think the way we do.
- Education: understanding how to encourage children to learn and succeed in school, careers and in their lives.
- Dancing! I can’t run for five minutes, but get me on the dance floor and I can get down for hours!